[002]

Guardian Star



Byunghun looked to Daniel, uttering a small and slightly worried sigh. Daniel had been freaking him out, probably unintentionally, but it was still something.

Byunghun had opted to stay away from Daniel for the rest of the night, but apparently Daniel had other plans. It wasn't long before Byunghun felt Daniel snuggle into his side, cuddled under the blankets in his bed.

Byunghun stayed completely still, unsure of what to do. Daniel, a total stranger, cuddling up against him in bed? What was he thinking? Surely he was out of his mind. Byunghyun didn't say a word as he slowly gazed down to his side, seeing Daniel trying to sleep. 

Boy, was he a weirdo.

"Byunghun." Daniel broke the silence, voice thoughtful. "I'm forever in debt to you."

Taken aback and surprised, Byunghun sat up and lightly pushed Daniel away. This action caused Daniel to fall off the bed and plop onto the floor. Byunghun hit his lip lightly when he heard a pained groan escape Daniel's lips. Oops, he kind of forgot that Daniel was injured.

But since when was Daniel so talkative? What was up with him all of a sudden?

"Huh?" Byunghun asked, unsettled. "Why?"

Daniel stared up at Byunghun, weakly smiling.

"Because you saved me."

At hearing this, Byunghun blushed. He brought his blankets up, covering his face. It was a bit weird to think that he saved Daniel. Did he really? No, all he did was bring him back and clean his wounds. Byunghun didn't really think that he saved him. But, maybe he did?

"I didn't save you." Byunghun chuckled with disbelief, still hidden under the blankets, not wanting Daniel to see his blush.

"Yes you did." Daniel quickly shot back as he crawled back onto the bed, his big brown eyes examining Byunghun, who appeared to be hiding from him. "If I stayed out there, I would've been killed."

Shivers ran down Byunghun's spine.

"Killed?" Byunghun asked as he peaked out from behind his blankets, looking at Daniel.

Daniel silently nodded, slipping back under the covers but this time, making sure not to cuddle with Byunghun. He didn't want to fall out of bed again. Once was enough.

"What are you hiding from me?" Byunghun's voice was quiet as he watched Daniel like a hawk.

Daniel's eyes widened and he slowly shook his head, not wanting to speak.

"You're lucky I haven't kicked you out of my house yet."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For bringing you into this."

Byunghun tilted his head and say up more, still watching Daniel, interest growing.

"Into what?"

Daniel looked away from Byunghun, glancing to the window, remaining silent.

"Tell me."

Silently, Daniel rested his head on his pillow before turning so his back was facing Byunghun.

Byunghun watched with disbelief as Daniel continued to keep quiet, even turning so he wouldn't have to face him. Wow, this kid. Byunghun took a deep breath, laughing quietly as he shook his head, just ever so slightly irritated. He was letting Daniel stay there after treating his wounds and supposedly 'saving' him. Why wasn't he talking? What was the big deal?

"You're in danger because I'm in danger too."

Finally, Daniel spoke again. Byunghun perked up slightly, looking back to Daniel.

"They're looking for me. I managed to escape, but they want me back."

"Who wants you back?" Byunghun asked quietly.

"The prince and his recruits."

"P-Prince?" Byunghun gasped, having not expected that. "And recruits?"

Daniel sighed and turned so he was facing him, his eyes locking with Byunghun's.

"You don't understand?"

Quickly, Byunghun shook his head.

"I crash landed and you found me. In that moment, you unknowingly became my savior and despite me trying to escape, I became your protector."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I tried escaping because I didn't want to put you or anyone else in danger. No one needs to be killed because of me."

"No, I get that part, but you said that you crash landed?"

Daniel nodded.

"From where?" Byunghun stared, grasping his blankets tightly, scared. "Are you crazy?"

Daniel turned his head before pointing to the window.

"You came from the sky?" Byunghun stammered, eyes widening.

"I came from the stars."

"What are you talking about?" Byunghun inched away from Daniel, unnerved.

"I am a being created from the stars, born in the Celestial Nebula Kingdom."

"That's not possible, you're crazy. Or I'm going crazy." squeaked Byunghun. "You aren't real. I'm just imagining things. I knew living by myself would drive me insane."

"Byunghun." Daniel reached out, placing his hand lightly on Daniel's cheek. "Calm down, please."

Byunghun ducked under the covers as soon as he felt Daniel's hand on his face, whimpering with fear.

Daniel watched as he moved his hand away from Byunghun. How would he get Byunghun to settle down and believe him?

Suddenly, Daniel got an idea.

The room slowly began to darken. The ceiling turned into a swirling galaxy of sparkly purples and blues. White stars began twinkling around he and Daniel, illuminating the room with a peaceful aura.

Byunghun peeked out from the blankets, gasping. His eyes shot open with amazement as he glanced around and the scene. It was unreal, almost like a movie. It seemed like he was in space, his room had been completely transformed.

A small smile spread on Daniel's face as he watched Byunghun's expression change from fear to wonder and excitement. He continued to gaze at Byunghun, eventually staring into Byunghun's eyes as he turned to look his way.

"How did you do this?" Byunghun asked. "What are you?"

Daniel smiled softly.

"I told you." Daniel said. "I'm not from here."

Byunghun took a deep breath and slowly nodded.

"I can see that now."

Daniel then grunted weakly, moving a hand to his injured side. The room began returning to normal. The stars dissipated and the swirling galaxies and planets faded until there was nothing left.

"Are you okay?" Byunghun reached out with concern.

"I'm fine." Daniel assured, "I'm probably too weak to do that, though."

The room grew quiet as Byunghun stared at Daniel with awe. Daniel was incredible. Byunghun couldn't believe what he had just seen, what he had just experienced. It had been beautiful and terrifying at the same time. Intriguing.

"You mentioned that there were people after you?" Byunghun hesitantly asked, worry laced in his words.

"Yes."

"Who? I want to know."

"The prince, Lee Chanhee."

"The prince?"

Daniel sighed, nodding.

"He is the young and corrupt ruler of the Celestial Nebula Kingdom." Daniel explained. "He's the reason I left."

"And you said something about recruits?"

"Yes." Daniel looked down, biting his lip lightly.

"Who are they?"

"They're people that Chanhee hired to help him take me out."

"Take you out? You don't mean-"

"Yes. They'll stop at nothing to make sure that I'm dead." his words were quiet.

"Dead?" Byunghun squeaked.

"Bang Minsoo is the top military general on our planet. He's well trained and a strong leader. Not only is he smart, but he's tough, too. Before I managed to leave, he had chased me. It was after I slipped through the military security gate outside of the city."

"What is the security gate for?"

"No one is allowed past the gate because they'd be able to leave. Prince Chanhee made it law that no one can go in or out of our kingdom and if someone tried to leave, they'd be considered a traitor and would be killed."

"So you're considered a traitor now?"

"I'm guessing so." Daniel turned to lay on his back, hand still grasping his side.

"What happened to your side?" Byunghun asked. "I mean, I saw the hole, I did clean it after all. Were you shot?"

"Choi Jonghyun." Daniel shivered with fear after saying the name.

"Who is that?" Byunghun found himself leaning closer to Daniel, thoroughly interested in what he had to say.

"He's a notorious assassin. Choi Jonghyun was in prison but the prince decided to let him out and give him the job to help hunt me down with Minsoo." he clenched his teeth.

"He's the one who shot you?"

Daniel nodded.

"Jonghyun is incredibly skilled with guns, as you can see. I'm sure he has all sorts of weapon experience, not just guns."

All of this would have sounded crazy about five minutes ago, but Byunghun believed every word that came out of Daniel's lips. Daniel was incredible, Byunghun couldn't deny. He wasn't afraid of Daniel anymore, he was just amazed with him.

Byunghun thought back to when he first found Daniel. He had been unconscious, laying on blood covered rocks, his wounds open and bleeding. Carrying Daniel had been a pain, but somehow Byunghun managed to do it. How? He had no idea. It took a lot of strength and power to carry Daniel all the way back to his house, but Byunghun had been determined. Once back, Byunghun started to clean Daniel and tend to his wounds before he woke up. Then, he helped Daniel get dressed after he tried escaping and that was that. 

Byunghun glanced to the window and bit his lip lightly. What had been that second light, though? The first light he saw had been Daniel when he came crashing into the ground nearby. But the second light? The light that caused Daniel to freak out and then tackle him to the ground? What was that one? 

"Daniel," Byunghun started, moving his eyes from the window and back to Daniel. "The light?

Daniel examined Byunghun's face, already knowing what he was getting at.

"It was them."

"Them?

"Them, as in, Prince Chanhee."

"And his friends, right?"

"Right.

The room grew quiet. 

Byunghun watched Daniel, who appeared anxious and fearful of his predicament. Well, who wouldn't be afraid? It was clearly something to be afraid about, from what Daniel had told him about Prince Chanhee and the two other men he had with him. They sounded terrifying, to say the least. 

Byunghun reached over and placed a gentle hand on Daniel's back, rubbing in small circles to hopefully make Daniel feel less unnerved.

"Don't worry, okay?"

Daniel turned his attention to Byunghun, looking at him. 

"What?" Daniel asked, tilting his head, eyes glued to Byunghun.

"You aren't alone in this." Byunghun slowly nodded, offering a tiny smile. "I'm going to help you."

"Byunghun?" Daniel continued to stare at Byunghun with confusion, not understanding. 

"You're in danger, you need someone to stay and help you along the way." Byunghun said. 

"You'll get hurt if you stay with me.

"Didn't you say that you're my protector?" Byunghun asked. "How can you protect me if I'm not with you?"

Daniel shook his head.

"I meant that you'd be protected as soon as I'm gone.

"As soon as you're gone? What does that supposed to mean?

"I can't stay here. As soon as they find me, they'd kill me. And you too.

Byunghun's smile faded and he looked down, taking a deep breath. He shrugged lightly. It wasn't like he had much to lose if he ended up dead too. Byunghun didn't want Daniel to leave either. It had been so long since he had someone to talk to. Even though Daniel wasn't exactly a normal person, it still made Byunghun happy that he wasn't alone.

"I already know what you are." Byunghun stated. 

"What do you mean?"

"If you told anyone else that you are from another planet and have weird and freaky powers, they'd kill you. Or government officials would send you away to some facility where scientists would do cruel and horrible experiments  on you."

"Really?" Daniel's eyes widened with fear.

Byunghun nodded, "It's good that I didn't call the cops and turn you in. I'm not a psycho.

"But do you really want to stay with me and get hurt? Prince Chanhee, I know how awful he is. I don't want to think about what he would do to you.

"I don't care!" Byunghun exclaimed, "If we protect each other, I'm sure we'll be fine. You just have to hide from him, right? That'll be easy!

Daniel bit his lip and moved his hand, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"It won't be that easy.

"Oh? And why not?"

"They can track me."

Byunghun didn't really know what to think or say after hearing Daniel. They could track him? What was that supposed to mean?

"Tr-Track you?" Byunghun stuttered.

"It'll be easy for them to find me since it looks like we're in a rural and less occupied area.

A rural and less occupied area? The countryside would be easy for them to find Daniel? Well, that wouldn't do. 

"How long would it take for them to find you?"

Daniel thought for a few moments before quietly answering, "They probably will be able to find me by tomorrow morning.

That certainly wasn't the answer that Byunghun was wanting to hear. By tomorrow morning? That gave them almost no time to get ready and leave! 

Byunghun quickly got off the bed. 

"We have to get ready now so we can leave early, then.

"Leave? Where are we going to go?"

That was a good question. 

Byunghun stopped dead in his tracks, staring at the floor as he thought everything over. They had nowhere else to go in the countryside, since it would apparently be easy for them to find Daniel. Byunghun took a deep breath. It had been such a long time since he had been in the city. Being in the city wasn't good for his health, at all. What other choice did he have though?

"We're going to go to the city.

It was too late to take anything back now. Byunghun knew that as soon as he met Daniel, he was going to stay for the ride. He couldn't abandon Daniel now. They were going to protect each other. Everything would be fine.

Byunghun watched as Daniel sprung out of bed as well, following him. The way Daniel followed him around was almost cute. He acted like an obedient and loyal puppy, following him around like that.

Byunghun opened one of his drawers before pulling out two bags. One was a black backpack with many different zippers and sections to put things, while the other was a more simple bag, brown and made out of leather. 

Byunghun turned to Daniel before holding out the black backpack for him.

"We have to get packed up so we can leave as fast as possible in the morning."

Daniel took the backpack.

"I don't want you to come with me and leave everything. This is your home, you can't leave it because of me.

Byunghun shook his head.

"It's too late to worry about that. We have to hurry so we can get going. I want to do this, I am coming with you.

With a final nod, Byunghun quickly exited the room, Daniel following close behind. 

The two boys scavenged around the house, packing their bags with supplies that they would need for the journey to the city. Byunghun made sure to pack money, food, medicine, a blanket, and other assorted things that would help them. 

Although Byunghun didn't know what to expect, he was slightly excited. This would be the first time in a long time that he was going to leave his home and go to the city. Yes, he was also scared, but he trusted Daniel to protect him. 

What would the morning bring?

 



Author's Note;

Well, this is my first author's note for Guardian Star! Yay! 
So yes, finally the second chapter is up! I hope you enjoy it! 

If you like this story, please subscribe, upvote, and leave comments, I love reading comments and stuff!

Thanks!

- TrueLover