Chapter 12

Sunshine

There is an epilogue after this and I will post that tomorrow. The story is complete. I never actually thought the story would go this way, but it did and I'm actually glad it went this kind of turn. Anyways, I hope you all have enjoyed it. I know I have enjoyed it.  ~ Amber


Daehyun got up and showered. He then got dressed nicely. He went to the desk and got out the letters he kept that Cho Hee wrote. Even if he already read his, he was going to bring it.
 
Grabbing the letters with a sigh, he walked towards Daejun's room.
 
He knocked on the door waiting for his son to reply. 
 
Nothing. 
 
Daehyun opened the door a little to find Daejun gazing out his window.
 
He walked up to Daejun and put his hand on his shoulder. "Daejun-ah go take a shower and get dressed please." 
 
"Why?" Daejun grumbled.
 
"Because we are going to see your mom. You want to look nice don't you?" Daehyun replied.
 
Daejun turned and looked at his dad. "We are going to see mom?"
 
Daehyun nodded. "Yes now please go take a shower and get dressed."
 
Daejun nodded his head and went to take a shower. After his shower he quickly got ready. He was excited. He was going to see his mom. 
 
Daehyun waited downstairs for Daejun. 
 
Once they were all ready to go, they got in the car, and Daehyun drove to Cho Hee's grave.
 
After a few minutes they arrived at the cemetery. Daejun looked around and asked, "Why are we at a cemetery?"
 
"You'll see." Daehyun answered. He pointed his head in a direction and continued, "Follow me Daejun." 
 
Daejun followed his dad until they reached a tombstone. He scrunched up his face in confusion as to why they stopped. Until he saw the name on the tombstone. 
 
Im Cho Hee.
 
"Omma." Daejun whispered.
 
Daehyun sat down. He looked up at Daejun and said, "Sit down Daejun."
 
Daejun sat down without question and watched as his father brought out two envelopes.
 
"Daejun-ah." Daehyun started. Tears were already forming in his eyes. "Don't misunderstand when I say I never knew that your mom was pregnant till that one day I had a lawyer and a social worker at my door with a baby in a car seat. Your mom left me one day. Only leaving a note saying she was sorry, but she had to go. She never mentioned why she left. When I saw you, I knew why. It was a silly reason. Your mother could have stayed. We could have gotten married. I would have been happy if she told me." Daehyun sighed and looked at Daejun. "Anyways. The last time I came here Daejun was when you were a baby. I had barely got custody of you. I was at a point where I didn't know what to do. How to be a father to you? I was a mess. I sat here in this spot with you in my arms and  I read the letter your mom wrote to me."
 
Daehyun got the letter out. "This is what the letter said. Dear Daehyun. I hope I will be alive and you won't have to read this letter, but I have a feeling that I won't live to see Daejun." Daehyun started. The tears were non stop as Daehyun read the rest of the letter she wrote to him.
 
Daejun didn't know what to say once his dad was done reading the letter.
 
"Daejun-ah"
 
Daejun looked from the ground back to his dad.
 
"After yesterday I thought about it and I think now is the time to give you the letter your mother wrote you." Daehyun said as he handed the letter with Daejun's name on it to Daejun.
 
Daejun took the letter out of his father's hands and stared at it. He picked his gaze back up and said, "Appa I didn't mean it when I said I hated you."
 
Daehyun patted his son on the back. "It's okay Daejun. I know you were upset. Don't worry about it. Read the letter."
 
Daejun nodded and began to read his letter.
 
Dear Daejun,
 
I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you. I know it wasn't my fault and I guess it was my time to go. 
 
Just know I never meant to not be there. 
 
I wanted so much to watch you grow and I guess technically I have watched you grow.
 
I know your father will take good care of you.
 
Yes I know you will be with him and I wouldn't have it any other way.
 
Your father will take good care of you and I know he has so far because you are reading this letter. Reading this letter means he thought you were old enough to understand what I wanted to say.
 
I know I may be gone, but life goes on Daejun. 
 
Your life went on and so did your fathers. 
 
I hope you don't blame him, Daejun. He is doing the best he can. Raising a kid isn't easy, especially alone. 
 
I know you will do your best Daejun.
 
I know you will be just as good as a man as your father.
 
I know this in my heart.
 
I hope you know in your heart that I love you and will always love you. 
 
I hope you know that I am everywhere watching you, protecting you as you go through life.
 
Most importantly, I hope you know I'm in your heart. 
 
I've never truly left you, Daejun.
 
I'm there in your heart like you and your father are in mine.
 
I love you Daejun.
 
Love,
Omma
 
Daehyun watched as tears fell down Daejun's cheek. He pulled Daejun into his arms.
 
"Appa." Daejun cried.
 
"Shh Daejun-ah. I'm here." Daehyun whispered.
 
"I love you, Appa." Daejun continued to cry and snuggle into Daehyun's chest.
 
"I love you to Daejun."  Daehyun replied and held Daejun tight.
 
I love you Daejun. I love you Daehyun. A voice whispered.
 
Daejun and Daehyun knew who it was. 
 
Im Cho Hee.
 
I love you Cho Hee.
 
I love you Omma.
 
Daejun and Daehyun wiped their tears. They smiled at each other.
 
"Let's go home and eat some cheesecake. What do you say?" Daehyun suggested.
 
Daejun nodded his head. "Sounds good appa."
 
They bid their farewell and went back home.