Final

Lost

“And if we take a left here, then you will see…” Daehyun lifted his eyes from his phone and nodded. “Yep, we’re definitely lost.”

Youngjae glowered at him. Their first day in Los Angeles and they were already lost. He should’ve gone with Yongguk and Himchan, who always looked up routes before they went anywhere, but no, he had turned them down because what could possibly go wrong? Well, this, apparently.

“I thought you had a map on your phone?” 

“Nah. The battery died about ten minutes ago,” Daehyun answered, sighing as he shoved his phone in his pocket. “I thought I knew the way, but I guess not.” He grinned sheepishly. “Whoops?”

Youngjae thought this was definitely more than ‘whoops’. This was more like ‘oh ’. He wished he had brought his own phone, but he had left it at the hotel because he didn’t want to carry around too much and instead he had taken his camera. He glared down at it now, angry at his lack of foresight.

Realising a storm was brewing, Daehyun pulled Youngjae towards him, directing him down the street. “Look at it this way, Jae-ah: it’s an adventure! We can always grab a taxi later, don’t worry.”

“Right, because those don’t cost anything,” Youngjae replied, rolling his eyes. “How much do you have on you?”

“…Or we could spread a help signal through our fans,” Daehyun continued after a brief silence. “Let them know we’re lost, they’ll tweet the others about it, and they’ll come find us.” He looked around curiously, but of course this was the one time there were no fans to be seen anywhere.

“Now what?” Youngjae sighed, trying to hide his fear at being completely lost in a city where he didn’t speak the language – or at least not enough of it – with no phone and not enough money. “Maybe we could use a payphone?” he suggested, spotting one down the street.

“And then what?” Daehyun asked sceptically. “I don’t know anyone’s number by heart, so unless you want to ring random people until you find one who speaks Korean… I think we’re better off just enjoying ourselves for a bit, because someone will find us eventually.”

Youngjae bit his lip pensively. “Maybe we can ask if you can charge your phone somewhere? Sometimes they have charging points around.”

Daehyun took his phone out again and sighed as he glanced down at it. “We could, but how would we ask?”

“Hands and feet?” Youngjae shrugged as he reached for the device, furrowing his eyebrows when Daehyun moved it away. “Seriously? You know even less English than I do. Give me that!”

After a brief struggle Youngjae finally held the phone in his hand, freezing when he pressed the power button and it came to life easily, the battery showing that it was more than half full. “I thought you said it died?”

“Oh, haha, I must’ve seen wrong,” Daehyun laughed nervously, snatching the phone back and cowering away from Youngjae’s powerful glare. “…Whoops?”

Youngjae took a deep breath and crossed his arms. “Jung Daehyun, I swear if you pull something like that again, I’ll shove that phone up your-”

“.”

“What now?!”

Daehyun held out his phone to Youngjae and showed him a black screen. “I think it broke…”

Youngjae’s eye twitched.

 

 

A/N: I quite love bickering Daejae... I also wanted to title this 'Lost Angeles', because haha, puns, but then I realised it wasn't that good of one (or very original), so I cut it down. ^^;