Because Angels Fall From Heaven

Because Angels Fall From Heaven

Yo! I know not all of you stick around to read the foreword, so imma break it down to you here.YES this fic is a Baby EXO fic. YES they are now teenagers. YES I'm only making them teenagers for only temporary uses. NO I am not going to make a 'Teenage EXO' series. This is mostly a HUNHAN CENTERED fic. YES the other fics that I'm going to make involves EXO being babies again.

AGE CHART (not actually a chart but meh):

15 - Xiumin
14 - Luhan and Baekhyun
13 - Chanyeol and Lay
12 - D.O and Chen
11 - Kai and Tao
10 - Sehun

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Luhan, come here for a while, sweetheart!” Kris called for his son. Luhan, who was doing his homework, ran to the kitchen. There, his father was searching for something on the internet. The 14 year old peeked behind his father.

“Yeah dad?” Kris scrunched his face at the screen.

“What do you think Sehun would like?” He asked. Luhan thought for a while. Sehun?

“What’s the occasion?” he asked. Kris looked at him in disbelief.

“It’s his birthday!” Kris reminded his son. “Don’t you remember?” Luhan though for a while.

“Sehun? Birthday…?” Luhan thought back. His eyes then widened at the realization. “It’s Sehun’s birthday tomorrow!” He slapped himself. “How can I forget?!”

“I’m trying to search what 10 year olds like, and I don’t think Sehun would love these things.” Luhan peeked through his father’s tall shoulders. On the page he saw were guns and darts and paintball rifles. Luhan shook his head.

“Sehunnie isn’t in to those stuffs, dad.” He said. “He’s more of a…” Luhan tried to find the word. “…gentle type.”

“I see,” Kris rubbed his chin. “Well, maybe we’ll pop into Toys R’ Us and see if we can find anything of interest.” Luhan nodded his head. “Call your brothers.”

“TaoTao!” Luhan called. “We’re going out! Call Chen and Yixing for me!” he heard a small ‘okay’ before running upstairs to call his brother. He knocked on the door. “Hey gege,” he poked his head in. “We’re going out.”

“What for?” Xiumin’s head peeked from the comic book he was reading.

“We’re buying Sehun’s birthday present.” Luhan said. Xiumin abruptly jumped off the bed, startling Luhan.

“Holy crap. Sehun’s birthday.” His eyes wandered to the calendar. “Damn, I forgot about that.”

“Well, you’re not the only one. Come on.” He pulled Xiumin out and both of them raced downstairs, finding Kris and the others already waiting in the car. After locking the front door, Xiumin and Luhan jumped into the car.

“We’re gonna buy toys!” Tao cheered.

“Not for you, sweetheart,” Kris said. Tao in the passenger’s side frowned.

“Aww, why not?”

“It’s for Sehun.” Yixing said as he tugged excitedly on his seatbelt. “He’s turning 10 tomorrow!”

“I can’t wait for the party. I already made him a banner!” Chen exclaimed.

“Wait, there’s even a party?” Luhan answered. A quick nod from his brother sent him groaning. Why was he not informed of this? And this is Sehun, for crying out loud! His most favourite person in the whole freaking world!

“We’ll find a nice present for him,” Xiumin assured his brother.

“Gege, look,” Chen pulled Luhan’s denim jacket. He showed something in his hands. It was a pink card decked in blue glitter with a picture of a puppy. “I made this card for Sehun. Do you think he’ll like it?” Luhan smiled as ruffled his brother’s hair.

“I think he’ll love it, Chen.” Luhan said gently. He eyed the glitter that was flying off the card whenever Chen moved it. “But maybe we’ll go easy on the glitter next time.”

“Can I buy new headphones, dad?” Yixing called from the back. “Mine’s kind off busted.”

“Sure, son.” Kris replied back as he squinted his eyes to find a parking space. “Damn, I can’t see,” he mumbled. “Hey Tao darling, get my spectacles in the glove box over there,”

“Here you are,” Tao handed him a pair of glasses. Luhan watched as his father placed the glasses on and smiled, relieved to finally be able to see clearly. Luhan realized Kris was getting older, grey wisps of hair starting to show. It’s only a few, but it was there to remind Luhan that he isn’t young anymore. His poor eyesight, sometimes sore back, and the rare occasions of lack of hearing. It also made him realize that he was getting older.

“We’re here!” Kris said. His kids unbuckled their seatbelts to get off. Kris smiled as he watched his kids one by one got off the car. He used to open the door for them, helping them off their baby chairs, trying to calm them down and keep them in one single group without wandering away. Now they’re all grown up.

“Hey Dad,” Yixing’s voice snapped Kris out of his nostalgic moment. “Can we go in now?”

“Yeah. Let’s go.” The 6 of them walked into the shopping mall, heading up the escalator to the second floor.

“I wonder how the party’s going to be!” Tao said excitedly, gripping the moving handrails. “I hope there’s cake!”

“There’s always cake, Tao,” Xiumin said and laughed. Tao’s smile got wider. When they reached Toys R’ Us, Tao and Chen happily ran off, Yixing moving off to the display of headphones while Xiumin and Luhan were the only ones sticking with Kris.

“Right,” Kris placed his hands on his hips as he surveyed the giant toy shop. “10 year olds.”

“Hey, how about this?” Kris and Luhan turned to look at Xiumin. He was holding a mini robot making kit. “Would he like this?”

“I don’t think so.” Luhan shook his head. “Hunnie isn’t the mechanic brainy type.”

“What about these?” Kris held out a giant Lego set. “I heard that kids these days go bonkers for Lego.” Xiumin shook his head.

“Nah, he barely even plays it when we were little.” The three of them scavenged the toy shop for a suitable present to give to Sehun.

“Barbie dolls?” Luhan smiled at his own suggestion as he eyes rows and rows of pink boxes, all containing Barbie dolls of different kinds. “My Little Pony?” he picked up a transparent box with a blue pony in it. “Nah,”

“Power Rangers!” Xiumin cheered as he took a box. “Damn, I miss these guys.”

“Nice memories,” Luhan agreed. Xiumin then placed them back on the shelf.

“Not suitable, though.” He tapped his chin. “Gotta keep looking.” Kris scavenged high and low for the perfect present for the boy. “Sehun, hm?” Kris tried to figure out a toy to match the gentle and quiet boy.

“Gah, I got nothing!” he said, exasperated. “I’m just gonna buy him a book.”

“Well, I’m buying him this. He’ll love it!” Xiumin picked up a large train set.

“Let’s go!” Kris said. “Tao! Chen, Yixing! Come on! We’re paying!”

“Wait, dad. I think I know what to buy him.” Luhan went over to the sport section and picked up a toy, smiling at it. He turned around to face his father and brother. “Got it,” he said gently.

-X-

Sehun woke that day feeling odd. He glanced over to his brother’s bed to find it disturbingly made. Jongin was usually later than he was, so seeing the boy gone and even made his bed was weird. He peeked over to the queen sized bed that Chanyeol and Baekhyun shared. The jumpy brothers had also risen. The only one on boat with him is Kyungsoo, whose head is still buried underneath the thick blanket.

“Hey, Sehun!” Chanyeol bounced in room, all smiles as he stopped next to Sehun’s bed. “Good morning.”

“Morning, Chanyeol hyung.” Sehun said slowly. He feels like today’s something special, but he can’t put his finger on it. “Where’s Baekhyun and Jongin hyung?” Chanyeol smiled as the younger’s lisp. He always finds it cute, somehow.

“Already up. There was Winnie the Pooh on the TV.” Chanyeol said, explaining why Jongin woke up so early. Sehun nodded. Jongin always loved Winnie the Pooh.

“What day is it?” Sehun asked as he yawned, balling his hands into fists as he rubbed his sleepy eyes. Chanyeol tried not to burst into excitement.

“Thursday. Now get up. Appa wants you to take a bath.” Sehun nodded and slowly slid down onto the floor. He shivered as bit as his feet reached the cold hardwood floor, but then got used to it as he took his towel from the hanger and stepped into the shower. When Chanyeol was sure the water’s running, he quickly bounced back to his father in the kitchen.

“I asked Sehun to take a bath, appa,” he said. Suho smiled through the chocolate frosting coated on his face.

“Thanks, Yeollie. Baekhyun, no. Don’t put that in your mouth honey- no.” Suho pried away the small plastic toy from Baekhyun’s sneaky hands. The other pouted.

“But I want it,” the 14 year old said sadly. Suho smiled as he decorated the cake.

“Honey, you’re 14. You know better.” Baekhyun just nodded as he watched his father frost the cake with chocolate icing.

“Can I the spoon when you’re done?”

“I want to it too!” Chanyeol chirped. Both of the boys started jumping up and down. Suho glanced at the both of them.

“You can all it, sweethearts. And where’s Jongin?”

“At the front.”

“Is he cleaning it up like I told him too?” he was answered by a sharp cry from the living room, followed by a crash and something breaking. Suho quickly put down the icing knife and ran to the front, finding his 11 year old son on the floor and their 8th flower vase of the month broken.

“Uh,” Jongin sheepishly grinned. “I was cleaning the dust and then THAT happened.” He tried for an excuse. Suho just managed to sigh as he went back into the kitchen. Jongin frowned and tailed after his father.

“Appa,” he tugged on his father’s apron. “Jongin’s sorry,” he said. Suho smiled a little.

“It’s okay, sweetie. We’ll buy another vase.” Suho said reassuringly. Baekhyun couldn’t help but see the tiredness in their father’s eyes. He realized Suho was already getting old, and they’re acting like 3 year olds again. “I’ll clean it up later. Just don’t let Sehun step over it. And Chanyeol too-”

“I’ll clean it,” Baekhyun said slowly. He slowly walked over to the cabinet to take a dust pan. He smiled towards his father. “It’s okay appa. I got this.” Suho watched in bewilderment as Baekhyun stooped down to sweep the broken shards into the dust pan.

“Can I help?” Chanyeol came bouncing there.

“Don’t come near, you oaf! You’ll step on the glass!”

“But I want to help!”

“Just,” Baekhyun let out an exasperated breath. “Hold this for me!” He handed the 13 year old the dust pan. Chanyeol’s face brightened up.

“Ouch!”

“I told you not to move, you dumb prick.” Baekhyun sighed at his little brother. Chanyeol sniffed. Baekhyun’s tensed face softened to see the tears collecting in the corner of his little brother’s eyes.

“It hurts,” he sniffed. Baekhyun sighed and dragged him to the sofa. Baekhyun eyed the small prick on Chanyeol’s toe. Blood was slowly oozing out.

“Stay here, and don’t move.” Baekhyun went back to the kitchen and eyed Jongin. “And you stay there too. I don’t want 2 crybabies here.” He said and wagged his finger. Jongin just silently nodded his head as he watched his hyung took the first aid kit from the medicine cabinet and walked back to the front. Suho who was busy frosting smiled.

His boys are big now. He just watched as Baekhyun wiped the wound with disinfectant, laughing a bit at Baekhyun’s scolding to Chanyeol to keep quiet and to not cry like a wimp. He was proud of Baekhyun, being the eldest and taking care of his brothers. Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol as he wrapped a band aid around his toe.

“There, all better, Yeollie.” He said and stood up. Chanyeol sniffed. “And stop crying. God, you’re 13 already.”

“Thanks hyung,” he said and looked up at Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled softly as he stared back into Chanyeol’s glassy eyes.

“You’re welcome, dumb prick.”

-X-

“Tao, no! Don’t climb that!” Xiumin rushed over to Tao who was climbing a ladder Kris placed under the tree. “You’ll fall, goddamit.”

“Okay, okay. Sorry,” Tao raised his hands when he climbed down. “Don’t get all worked up.”

“I’m not,” Xiumin defended himself. It was almost 7, and they were planning to have the party here at Kris’ backyard. They already decked the fence with lights and Suho had sent glow in the dark streamers for them to hang.

“I can’t wait for the party,” Yixing giddily said as he arranged the cups on the table. “I have the perfect gift for him!”

“I bet it’s close to earphones or a small toy ukulele.” Chen said as he carried the jug filled with punch to the table. Yixing eyed him.

“Don’t tell him that.”

“It’s pretty obvious, Xingie,” Luhan said as he hung the colourful lights on the tree. Yixing sighed.

“Whatever. He’ll love it, anyways.”

“He’ll love anything.” Tao carried foldable chairs to the back. “He’s just that sweet.”

“I know right?!” Yixing shrieked. “He’s the cutest little thing on Earth!”

“Okay, calm down,” Xiumin said amusedly. He checked his wristwatch. “They’re gonna be here any time now. Where’s dad?”

“Cleaning up the living room.” Chen said as he squatted down. “I’m so tired, and the party didn’t even started yet!” Xiumin let his brother’s comment pass as he stepped into the house and found Kris in the living room, looking at a picture.

“Dad?” he called. Kris turned to the back and smiled.

“Everything done back there?” Xiumin nodded. Kris let out a relieved sigh and looked back at the picture. Xiumin saw that it was a picture of the 12 of them at the beach they went to, years ago. He was still 5 at the time, and was beyond chubby.

“You all were so small,” Kris chuckled. “I remembered all the chaos even before we entered the plane.” Xiumin laughed.

“Well, that was years ago, dad.” Kris nodded a little.

“Yeah, years ago.” They lapsed into silence for a while, staring at the picture. The ring of the doorbell made them snap out of their train of thoughts.

“They’re here!” he could hear Luhan’s excited cry. He then saw Tao and Chen racing to answer the door.

“Hey guys!” Chen greeted the family. Jongin smiled and dragged Kyungsoo in.

“Nice to see you guys,” Kyungsoo said.

“Where’s the birthday boy?” Yixing asked. Shy Sehun peeked from behind Suho.

“Hi,” he said slowly.

“Sehun!” Sehun’s eyes widened when he heard the voice.

“Xiao Lu!” he ran past Chen and Tao and right into Luhan’s open arms. All of them just smiled at the two’s antics.

“Happy birthday, Hunnie,” Luhan said and hugged the boy.

“Thanks, hyung.” Sehun smiled in the hug.

“Alright everybody, let’s go to the back.” Kris said. The kids nodded and went. Suho smiled at Kris.

“How are the kids?” he asked Kris. Kris smiled.

“Fine. You?”

“My back hurts from all those dart fights.” Suho said. “But I’m fine, I guess.” Kris laughed.

“Teenagers. More tiring than they were when they were kids.” Kris looped his hands over Suho’s smaller shoulders. “Come on.”

-X-

“Close his eyes!” Baekhyun said excitedly. Chen went behind Sehun and covered his eyes.

“Hey, what’s this?” Sehun tried to pry Chen’s hands off him.

“Stay put, small fry. We have something for you,” Xiumin said and ruffled his hair. Yixing opened the back door to reveal the perfectly decorated backyard.

“In three,” Chen said. “Two,”

“One!” They all cheered. Chen removed his hands, and Sehun gasped at the sight. A large ‘Happy Birthday, Sehun’ banner greeted him, along with 9 smiling faces. He felt hands on his shoulders, and looked up to see his father and Kris appa smiling at him. He felt like crying.

“I,” he was speechless. “Thank you,” he said softly. Jongin ran up and hugged him.

“Happy Birthday, little brother!” He said and lifted Sehun off the ground. Sehun laughed as Jongin placed him back down.

“Time for snacks!” Suho called. They all sat down on the soft grass, looking at the stars while eating and chatting. Sehun couldn’t wipe the large smile on his face. He feels appreciated by his family and friends. Yes, he knew that he almost forgot it was his birthday, but then Jongin reminded him. He also knew all of them remembered his birthday, but he didn’t know they’ll go this far to throw him a surprise party. After cutting the cake and eating it, it was present time.

“Mine first!” Chen said as he jumped over to Sehun. He gave him a small box.

“Thank you, Chen hyung!” Sehun smiled. He unwrapped the box to reveal a glow in the dark bracelet. “I love it,” he said sincerely and put it on.

“Mine next!” Yixing butted in the line. “I hope you like it, Sehun!”

“I’m sure I will,” Sehun took Yixing’s present and opened the package. It was a small ukulele. “I’ll learn how to play this.”

“I’ll help,” Chanyeol said and came next in the line. “I have this for you,”

“Thanks, Chanyeol hyung.” Sehun unwrapped the small cylindrical shaped present and laughed at it’s contents. It was a Smarties tube. “I love it, Chanyeol hyung.”

“I know you do,” Chanyeol said happily. “because I love it.”

“Move it, giant.” Baekhyun pushed away Chanyeol. “I got you this, lil bro.” He handed Sehun a large box.

“Wow,” Sehun gaped at the inside. It was the latest model of the remote control car he always wanted. “How did you-”

“Jongin, Kyungsoo and Tao also paid in.” Baekhyun said. “We knew you wanted it, lil bro.” Baekhyun ruffled Sehun’s hair. Luhan just watched as the others gave Sehun their gifts. He wanted to be the last one. When Kris gave his gift, Luhan gulped. It was his turn.

“Xiao Lu,” Sehun called. Luhan smiled towards him. He saw that the rest of the family are chatting and playing.

“Come,” Luhan led Sehun closer to the decorated tree, away from the chaos and laughter. “Here you are, Sehunnie. I hope you like it, because hyung picked it for you.”

“Thank you, Xiao Lu.” Sehun took the wrapped item. Upon opening it, he smiled. “A skipping rope.”

“You like it?” Luhan asked nervously. Sehun glanced up to him, giving Luhan his famous eye smile.

“I love it.” He opened the package and took the rope out. “Teach me, Xiao Lu. I don’t know how to skip.”

“Easy, really. Just do this,” Luhan took the skipping rope from him and demonstrated. Sehun looked at him, fascinated. “Here, you try,” Luhan gave the rope back to Sehun when he was already out of breath. Sehun happily took it.

“Here I go!” he said and tried. After a few skips, Sehun got the hang of it. “Hyung, I’m doing it! I’m doing it!”

“Congratulations, Sehun!” Luhan cheered him on. Sehun was too happy; he lost focus and tripped over his own leg, sending him falling face down. Luhan’s smile disappeared as he rushed worriedly to the younger’s side.

“Sehun? Hunnie are you okay?” Luhan gently lifted Sehun and made him lean on the tree. The birthday boy sniffed as tears collected at the edges of his eyes.

“My knee hurts.” He whimpered. Luhan slowly rolled up Sehun’s pants and saw that the knee was bruised.

“Your knee is going to be fine, Hunnie.” Luhan said and smiled, rubbing the sore spot gently with his fingers. Sehun still looked unconvinced. “Here, I’ll kiss it better.” Luhan leaned down and kissed the red spot. Sehun finally smiled through his sniffs. His eyes widened at his sudden realization. He flailed his hands around, completely surprising Luhan.

“Lulu, we should take you to the hospital!” Sehun suddenly said, panicking. Luhan tilted his head in confusion.

“What?” he checked his body. “Hunnie I’m fine.”

“But didn’t it hurt?” Sehun said, pulling Luhan closer to inspect the boy.

“What hurts?” Luhan was getting more confused by the 10 year old.

“Didn’t it hurt when you fell from heaven? Kyungsoo hyung said that’s where angels come from.” Sehun threw his arms around Luhan happily. “And you’re an angel, Xiao Lu.” Sehun said softly.

“I love you, angel Xiao Lu.”

Luhan could only blush red as he hugged Sehun back.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comment, peasants. :)