Final

Together

Himchan had been far from amused when Daehyun had dragged him out of bed first thing in the morning, announcing that there was a huge sale at one of his favourite shops and he needed someone to join him. He had repeatedly asked why Daehyun couldn’t have just asked someone else, someone who didn’t need sleep as much as Himchan did.

Daehyun had replied that not even Himchan needed as much sleep as he thought he did and he had mercilessly pulled the covers off Himchan’s form, reminding him that Jongup was still asleep when the older had opened his mouth to yell at him.

Now here he was, outside, in the cold, waiting for a sale that was indeed huge considering they had been queuing for around two hours without an end in sight, while Jongup was still sleeping innocently.

Grumbling, he checked his phone, all the more annoyed because Daehyun had left him nearly half an hour ago, telling him he’d be right back and could Himchan please not lose their place? It was ever so tempting to just say ‘ it’ and return to the dorm, crawl in his warm bed and request a lock on his door.

Yet he was still here, not moving (literally: this queue was getting nowhere).

After what felt like hours, Daehyun finally reappeared, shoving an Americano in Himchan’s hands before he could complain (he still did) and explaining that he had somehow gotten lost while looking for a coffee shop. At Himchan’s withering glare, he presented him with a cupcake, and although Himchan wasn’t really in a cupcake mood, he accepted it anyway, if only because he was sure Daehyun had bought it for himself and looked like a kicked puppy when he was forced to hand it over.

In the end Himchan took pity on him and they shared the treat, most of it going to Daehyun anyway since the older was much more interested in his coffee.

“Why is it taking so long?” Himchan sighed, growing ever more impatient. At least he was no longer cold, since Daehyun was so close to him that their breaths mingled, and he couldn’t say he was bored either, for the vocalist had been chattering pretty much non-stop since his return, but he could think of better ways to spend his day.

“Oh, it’s not open yet,” Daehyun replied casually, crumbs from his fingers.

“…What?” Himchan glared at the other in disbelief. “You seriously dragged me out of bed this early for no apparent reason?”

Daehyun shrugged and looked at the ground, his cheeks tinged with pink. “The later you get here, the bigger the chance that all the good stuff is gone. And, well, I kind of wanted to spend time with you, I guess.”

Sighing, Himchan rubbed his eyes, debating whether this was cute or if he should be pissed off. “You could’ve just asked,” he mumbled.

Daehyun his lips nervously. “Yeah, well, you seemed to be enjoying yourself with Jongup, and I didn’t want to in.”

“You always  in,” Himchan pointed out. “But I get it… I was sort of jealous of Junhong too.”

“I never said-”

“And I missed you too.”

Daehyun bit his lip to hide his smile and scooted a little closer. “Good.”

 

 

A/N: Fluffy one minute, arguing the next, that seems to be pretty much how these two work in my head. *pats them both*