Too beautiful to be missed

CABI - every summer has a story

It took the girls two minutes to change into their uniform – which Yoona wouldn't actually count as one. As in the girl's case it consisted of a red and white belly-top which Yoona wouldn't actually count as a uniform. Still, she couldn't be more relieved about having an overall dresscode. There was no way she could blend in and keep herself from being the talk of the summer, when people would notice her dressing style not picked out by her little sister.

“We only have three minutes left.” Yoona glanced nervously one of the railway-station-like clocks on the wall and kept running like her live depended on it. Well, somehow it did. She was still trying to get her hair tamed into a tight bun while running.

“I'm so sorry!”, Seohyun apolgized what must be the 90st time, followed by stumbling. Her Ponytail had gotten tangled up with her top and it had taken both the help of Yuri and Yoona and way too much time to free it. She couldn't help it, but every time she got stressed she tended to mess things up. That's why no one ever trusted her with anything. She was just too clumsy. “I'm a fool, I know.”

“No, you're not, Pabo. Now keep running.” Yuri shooed her. Yoona glanced sideways at them and couldn’t help but smile. They reminded her of her sister. And she already missed her. 'Cho-Hee....'

“Yoona, watch out!”

She heard Yuri yell at her, but it was too late. Before she could concentrate on where she was running she felt herself crashing into something strong that was suddelny appearing from one of the dormrooms, blocking her way. When she lost her balance and fell back she intuitively grabbed it, but instead of getting a hold she pulled it down with her. She landed on the floor harshly and for a moment all she saw were starfish dancing in front of her eyes.

“Ow.” She heard a moan and snapped her eyes open in horror. The 'something' turned out to be someone who she crashed into and send down with her. He rubbed his head in pain ruffling his wildly styled dark brown hair even more. He wasn't wearing anything on top, exposing his bare well-trained chest she just crashed into. His free hand was pinned right beside her, lifting himself up and leaving just a few centimeters between their bodies. She felt herself looking at him longer than necessary and when he opened his eyes and looked at her, she turned her head to the side quickly. Remembering that he was still lying on top of her, she grew red in embarrassment. Way red.

“! Are you okay?” From the view she had she saw Yuri’s and Seohyun’s feet shuffling next to them and she nodded slightly dizzy.

“See, who's the clumsy one now?” Seohyun laughed and judging from the cry she gave out seconds later Yuri did just headbutt her.

“S-Sorry! I didn't see you.” Yoona stuttered apologizing, still looking to the side, when the boy on top of her stood up. Without asking he grabbed her hand and pulled her up with him and even steadied her, when she lost balance because of his pull.

“Seems like you have a crush on me.”, he joked, and her smile dropped instantly when he looked into his face and saw him smirk.

He was one of them.

Those boys who thought they could have everything and everyone. And she despised them. But she knew from the beginning when she got here, what she was going into, didn't she? She wouldn’t be fooled by deceptive smiles. When he smiled gently at her, she just snapped her hand away.

“I think we have to go. Sorry for the … crush.”, she picked up his joke and did not look at him again, when she took Yuri’s and Seo’s hands to pull them with her and continued running.

Startled by her sudden move, he tried to say something, but she was gone faster than he could open his mouth, leaving him standing in the hallway. That was, until a pillow crashed into him from the still opened door of his dormroom, Nichkhungs laughter filling his ears.

 

// ~ ~ ~ //

 

The girls made it alive just in time and to the main hall. They didn't even have the time to catch their breath when someone began yelling around orders.

“Line up!” Everyone did instantly.

There were three people standing at the end of the room, arms crossed behind their backs. They all wore the same white T-Shirt and a red cap, both with the academy's sign on it. The one in the middle stepped forward. Yoona couldn't see his face because he wore sunglasses, too.

Seriously, there was only dimmed light in here. What was up with those people?!

“Welcome to CABI-Academy.”  He greeted them formally without any enthusiasm. “You are standing here because you are part of the most qualified graduates of this year’s class.” Yoona snorted quietly as she secretly looked over the trainees. Of course they were. As if most of them even graduated. Surely they just got in because their parents were funding this academy.

“But that's why we expect a lot from you. The upcoming summer will show whether you are really qualified or doomed to drown here.” Yoona could feel Seohyun shiver slightly next to her, craning her neck over to Yuri whispering.

"He doesn't really mean drowning, does he?" Yuri just shhhed her and nudged the younger one back into her original position with her shoulder, just as the instructor's eyes fell on them, his tone changing into ice.

“Training starts at six-onehundred in the morning. Breakfast afterwards only. There are three training sessions each day, one in the morning, one before lunch, and one before dinner. If you don't stick to the rules or misbehave: special-training. If you don’t reach the training goals: special-training. Oh- And sometimes we announce some special special-trainings out of nowhere. They can happen anywhere and anytime. So you should keep yourself ready.”

“Okay, I'm officially going to drown.” Seohyun muttered under her breath.

 

“All I understood was 'training'. When do we have time for fun?” Chansung pouted next to Taecyeon at the other side of the room. He just shrug his shoulders, but less lucky than Yuri.

“Time for fun-”, the chief started, suddenly popping up before Chansung, staring him right into the face. “you do have in your free-time between training and the meals. And you should use it wisely.” Chansung swallowed hard.

“Training is the fun, hyung.” Nichkhun patted him on the shoulder when the chief turned away from them. Surely for him it was.

'I will not go down here.' Khun mouthed in his thoughts.

'Certainly not.' Yoona just thought the same.

 

// ~ ~ ~ //

 

It was late evening when the meeting was officially over and Seohyun moaned when she finally fell into her bed. Their bags were still unpacked because they didn’t get any time for themselves when they went to the first meeting which lasted the whole afternoon. Seohyun couldn’t even recall all that was said. Her head spun because the word 'training' fell much too often. And the words training and six in the morning in one sentence were definitely nothing good.

“This monster of Loch Chief is insane. How am I even supposed to stand straight without breakfast? Or stand up this early? Yet alone training then. The morning is evil!”

“We should unpack the rest tomorrow and go to sleep as fast as we can. What do you think?”

Yuri simply ignored Seohyun's suffering and turned to Yoona. She knew her friend well enough that by tomorrow morning she would be the joyful girl all over again.

“Well... I actually thought to go take a look at the bay for a while longer.” Yoona asked indirectly. She missed the sea already. All she wanted was to dip her feet into the water before she could think of tomorrow’s training. Yuri's jaw dropped.

“Are you kidding? We have to get up early tomorrow!”

“I know. I'll be back in a few. Don't worry.”

“You better not interrupt my beauty-sleep then.” Yuri said with a half-smug smile and pulled a pillow over her head as Yoona exited the room.

 

// ~ ~ ~ //

 

“Well, no checking out the ladies then, I guess.” Chansung pouted. “Where is the fun side of this, when we have to go to sleep so early?”

“This isn’t supposed to be fun, but hard work.” Nichkhun glared at Chansung, a glimpse of pure motivation in his eyes. Chansung frowned.

“Why not combine both? I train hard enough to pass the test and the rest of the time I spend having fun.” His face lightened up when he got satisfied with his idea. “What do you think, Taec?” He asked without getting an answer. Nichkhun looked at his friend frowning. Taecyeon was standing at the window looking out for quite a time now.

“Hyung, what are you looking at?”

“Her.” He simply stated, his eyes focused on the small silhouette sitting at the bay. There was an intrigued look on his face. “Why would this girl sit there and just stare at the bay when everyone else gets ready for tomorrows training?”

“How would I know? Maybe she hasn't listened well enough. Or she is some creepy night-active owl.” Nichkhun pulled his pillow over his face and laid still for a second. But when his friend didn't move, he sighed and sat up again. Taecyeon was still watching her, so he stood up, went beside him and watched him fiercely from the side. He knew this look too well. Every time Taec looked like this there was trouble ahead. “Hyung, it's our first day and you're getting hooked up here again.” He moaned.

No reply.

“Either way, she's sitting out there and staring at nothing, that's not a fact to make her interesting, it's what makes her crazy, Taec. And you do remember the last time, you let a crazy person in your life, don’t you?”

“You mean when I became friends with you?” When Nichkhun’s face fell, Taecyeon smirked evil at him, his decision already made. “I'm going out.”

“You’re going out. What? Yah! If the chief catches you out there when everyone should be in their dorms he will turn you into sushi!”


Taecyeon grinned as he stopped at the door. “Well.. Why don’t you go search for the soya sauce in the meantime then?” The door fell shut behind him.

“Yah! Why do I always feel like an old umma when he is like that?” He turned around to Chansung for support, only to find him snoring peacefully in his bed. He was still in his training clothes, hair ruffled and his arm tucked underneath him in a way that would get its revenge in the morning. He must’ve fallen asleep as soon as he laid down. Khun’s bare hand met his forehead as he moaned.

“Make that two children for me…”

 

// ~ ~ ~ //

 

The day was about to give way to the evening and the sun was about to set, leaving behind a cloudless dawn. It was nothing compared to her home, but she loved the view, and she loved the fact that nobody here seemed to appreciate it the way she did. At least she could have her peace here then.

 

“You know, some people think it is crazy being out here this late.”

Yoona jumped when suddenly a dark voice appeared from behind her. She hold her breath as she feared it to belong to the instructor for a minute, but deflated slightly as she cought a glimpse of the orange uniform over her shoulder. 'So much for the peace.'

“I don’t care much what people think.” She answered short-spoken, hoping he would vanish the way he came. Instead she heard him chuckle lightly, before he sat down next to her in the sand and joined her watching the sunset.

Yoona couldn't concentrate on the dawn anymore. All she did was watching the guy from the side secretly. It was the one she crushed into that morning. What was he doing here anyway?

“So...” As he spoke, she instantly turned her gaze from him to the bay, as if she never watched him in the first place. “Why would someone sit here and watch this sunset, when we have to get up early tomorrow?”

“Mh... maybe the someone doesn't need much sleep.” He didn't seem like the type to be easily scared off so she could as well play along. Now it was him who was watching her from the side. She smiled sheepishly. “Or maybe... The someone just found it too beautiful to be missed.”

“So...has the someone a name?” he asked and gained her full attention when she looked him in the eyes the first time since he sat down. But he didn’t give up that easily when she hesitated.  “If I knew your name I could scream it before you bump into me the next time.”

“Yah! Who says that I'm doing it again?”

“Well, you seem to have a broken gravity. I was the only one standing in your way and still you hit me.”

“Excuse me? You literally appeared out of nowhere and clearly crossed my line-”

"My toe still hurts." He randomly added, breaking her banter and reminding her of her surrounding. She swallowed the anger, risen up in her again, and deflated a bit more.

"I'm sorry."

“You already said that, but that won’t guard him from the next time you’re playing bulldozer at the hallway.”

She pouted and grew silent for a moment. He would find her name out sooner or later anyway, so there was no reason in hiding it, she decided. “Yoona.” He smiled victorious. “And my gravity is alright.”

“Taecyeon.” He bowed slightly. “And I doubt that.” He got up, when the sun vanished from the horizon completely, leaving some purple streaks behind. “Maybe you should go in now, your craziness scares my roommate.” He turned away with a smirk and vanished back to his dorm. Yoona stared after him a while longer a small smile across her face just when the sky turned dark…

 

Splash Corner:

Hey there!

About time for a little skinship xD Apparently I heard The Cab's La La up and down when I wrote this... You should check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG0ggVfTTUg&feature=relmfu

So I changed a few details on the layout. I think, I slowly get the hang of this (finally =.=). Kamsahamnida for all the Subscribers, Upvotes and kind words so far! *bows* I hope you enjoy ;)

~KY