Chapter 1

She's in a boy school

Miss Lee, after you have been freed from prison, they made you aware of the fact that you are not allowed to do something more criminal, otherwise you have to go back to jail.” “So I have to go back into jail? Fine. Can I go right now?” I stood up. “Miss Lee!” I knew I sounded disrespectful. “People like you should at least pretend that they are respecting me!” “I'm sorry, Officer Baker, but I don't care.” I wanted to go out of the door of the office but Officer Baker's voice held me back. “Miss Lee, I'm not done yet! You are not going to jail.” I was puzzled by his statement. “Huh?” "You heard me correctly. You don't have to go to jail.” I turned around to face him. “What is the condition?” Even though Officer Baker is a nice person, he is a strict person. “I got a call from one of your relatives. You don't have to go to jail but instead of it you will go to Korea.” Without even wasting a thought, I replied “I will go to jail.” Officer Baker sighed annoyed. “Jamie, you know that I'm really concerned about you and doesn't want you to go back to jail, right? You don't even know them so why don't you give them a chance? If you really don't like them you can come back to London and I will try to speak with the others but please, try it at least once living with them.” I nodded. Officer Baker smiled a little bit. “Good girl. Come one, I will drive you home and help you with packing your things.” “Worried about that I'm going to run away?” I had a teasing smile on my face. Officer Baker laughed. “Maybe?” He stood up and grabbed his jacket and together we went to his car.

At the airport I said goodbye to Officer Baker and his wife Karen. “Are you sure you won't miss me, George?” I said to him while I hugged him. A smile played on his lips. Karen smiled, hugged me and said “Of course he will miss you, just as I. I'm a little bit worried about Johnny. He likes you a lot, you know?” “I like him, too. And who knows, maybe I'm back soon.” “Jamie, you should really try to live there happily. I really don't know why you are like to steal things. You are a really nice girl!” I smiled sad. “Karen, I have my reasons. Karen, you can't judge my choices without knowing my reasons. I have to go now. Bye. I will call you as soon as I land.” I waved and went to the airplane.

 

When I arrived in Korea there were only a few people and all of them looked at me with distrust in the eyes but I ignored it because I knew that it was caused of the big scar on my face. I turned my mobile phone on and saw on the display that someone tried to reach me. I just called Karen and talked with her for a while, as I was waiting for my suitcase. Then I hung up and went to the mass of people who were waiting for the passengers of my flight. I stood there and waited until they were all gone, because I had not the slightest idea how my relatives looked like. Nobody was there for me. 'They could at least pick me up' I thought. So I went out of the airport and saw someone standing at a car. “Where the hell have you been? I was waiting here for hours!”, the person shouted at me. “And who are you?”, I screamed back to him. He came over to me. “Can you not recognize me?” I looked at his face closely and studied every detail. “Eunkwang-Oppa?” I asked with disbelief. Eunkwang was cousin. Even though I have no contact with my family, Eunkwang visited me one time in jail a few years ago. “Did you call George?” “Actually it was George who called me.”, Eunkwang corrected me. “He told me about you going back to jail. We made the agreement that you don't have to go back to jail under the condition have I try to change you and make you to a better person.” I smiled. “Thank you for your efforts. When George told me that I have to go to Korea I thought he meant Aunt.” “As if Mum would help you.” He looked sad. It was hard for him that his mother hated me. “Oppa, don't you have to go to work today?” I asked him to change the topic. “Yes, why?” “Then we should go home."

 

When I woke up the next morning, Eunkwang was not there. In the kitchen laid a letter on the table, which testified 'I will be late today. I left some money next to the telephone. There is also a piece of paper with my mobile number, call me when something is wrong. I have your number as well, George gave it to me. Be brave but good.' I sighed. I could not understand why he had to add the last sentence. I have already tried to change my personality in London but it is not as easy as much people might think. I looked into the refrigerator and quickly understood why Eunkwang left some money. There were only a bottle of Soju and something that looked like tomatoes, which laid there for a very long, long time and no other leftovers. I went into the bathroom, showered fast, took some stuff like brush and clothes out of my bag, brushed my teeth, did not even really cared about what kind of clothes I was wearing, took the money and went out of the flat. What I did not notice was my phone, what was still laying in the kitchen.

 

(Eunkwang's POV)

My job was being a dorm keeper at an all-boys school, a boarding school, and looking after the guys, who were living in the dorm; I even had my own room because I often had to stay awake over night. There were two bathrooms, a little kitchen, a living room and four bedrooms. Hyunsik, Minhyuk and Changsub were sharing a room. Their room was the biggest bedroom. Sungjae's and Peniel's room had a size of something between the size of my room, which was the smallest bedroom, and the size of the bedroom of the three guys. Ilhoon had a bedroom also on his own, which had the same size like the second bedroom. Actually the room belonged not only to him but to Minwoo, too, but Minwoo left the school. We sat in the living room and I tried to call Jaemi but could not reach her, what was driving me insane. “Hyung, is everything okay?”, Hyunsik asked me. “Huh? Oh … Yeah …” “Hyung?” Now everyone paid attention to me, except for Ilhoon. “Really, it is nothing, it's just ...” I did not know of how to end the sentence. Changsub tried to light up the mood a little: “Probably just his girlfriend, who broke up with him.” He began to laugh, but due to my worried look, no one laughed with him and he quickly stopped. “It's because of my cousin.” “Hyung, ? Really? You can't be serious.” “LEE CHANGSUB!” I was now angry. Normally I do not get angry that fast. But how could he accuse me of having with Jaemi? “My cousin is here in South Korea for her first time in ten years! I'm sorry that I'm worried about her but I had to leave her alone this morning while she was still sleeping and I can't get in contact with her right now!” Minhyuk stood up from the couch. “Hyung, calm down. I'm sure she is okay.” Ilhoon did not even looked up from his mobile while we were talking but now he said: “How about we go to your flat and look for her?” “You have classes.” He looked at me with a big grin on his face. “They have”, he pointed at the others “Not me.” I smiled. “Thanks.”

We both went out of the living room, took our jackets, got in our shoes and wanted to walk out to my car but Sungjae stopped us: “Wait for me! I also have no classes today!” He ran after us and together we got to my car and I drove to my flat. When we arrived, Jaemi was not there and her mobile laid in the kitchen. “Hyung, she is not here”, Sungjae and Ilhoon both said after we looked into every room. “And she left her mobile. Well done, Jaemi”, I said sarcastically “Ilhoon-ah, you and Sungjae stay here and call me, when she comes back, okay?” They nodded and I left.

(Ilhoon's POV)

Eunkwang-Hyung left and I sat down on the couch. Sungjae looked around in the flat. “I have never been here before”, he told me. “I stayed here once for vacation but it was before we got into the school and get to know each other.” Sungjae came over to me and sat down next to me. “So you know Hyung longer than us? How did you get to know him?” I smiled. “He is my noona's ex-boyfriend.” Sungjae had a shocked gaze on his face. “How did Hyung get to know a singer?!” “I don't know but-” I got cut off because an angel appeared on my sight. “Who are you?”, the angel asked us surprised. Sungjae and I stood up from the couch. “Annyeong!”, Sungjae had a bright smile on his face. I myself for could not do anything else than just standing there and admire the angel's beauty.