Final

You are My Beat

You are My Beat

---

Title:  You are My Beat

Genre:  Romance

Rating: PG

Paring: Jongin/Kyungsoo, KaiSoo

---

Sequel to “You are My Music”

---

Jongin was lost.

No…

Jongin was miserable!

After the argument, he finds himself back in the dance studio and plops himself on the cold wooden floor. Cold, just like him. He didn’t know what to do, he loves Kyungsoo, damn, Kyungsoo is the only one he wanted to be with but why? Why did he let him choose between his passion and him?

Why?!

He is very unfair…

He didn’t realize that he stayed like that long enough for the sun to fully rise and illuminate everything it touches. He was pulled out of his trance by a soft kick on his arm.

“Why are you here so early?” Yixing asked. He is Jongin’s co-worker his number one competitor when it comes to dancing skills, but they are friends nevertheless.

“Who cares?” Jongin deadpans.

“You look like .”

“I feel like .”

“Do you wanna elaborate on that?” Yixing slowly sat down beside Jongin and scanned the lying male with worried eyes.

“No…” Jongin whispered reply.

Yixing thinks that it’s not the right time to pull on jokes to his friend. The look on Jongin’s face is enough to indicate that: he looks LOST.

The judges and head choreographers sat next to each other behind a long table just placed below the stage. They watched the performances of aspiring dancers that wanted to be the representative of the company for the big competition. Of course, almost everyone already knows who would be likely chosen. Jongin is indeed the best dancer in the company but trying their luck won’t be that bad.

As expected, Jongin was amazing. The way he sways with the music, pop and lock and spin with the powerful hip s and body wave all gracefully and effortlessly done. He receives a round of applause and a standing ovation but he doesn’t feel anything to be proud of.

 

---

 

After the audition, Jongin was called by Mr. Lee, the head of SME Company for a short talk.

“You are a very talented dancer Kim Jongin.” Mr. Lee said. Jongin felt a small smile tug his lips.

“Thank you, Sir.”

“But your movements are empty.”

“Excuse me?” Jongin didn’t know what to say. First, Mr. Lee complimented him and now he says his movements are empty?

“What I’m trying to say is you are very skilled but your moves are just devoid of emotions…”

“Sir, all my life dancing is the thing that gives me peace and happiness. I put everything in the steps I create and perform, I’m pretty sure that my emotions are in it too. Jongin knows that talking back to his boss will cause him trouble but he can’t help it, damn! Dancing is his life!

“Jongin, you are still young and there are things out there that needed to be understood by the heart and not by the mind. Listen, you’re graceful but your feet are heavy. You dance to follow the music but from what I saw, there’s no beat in your dancing Jongin.” Mr. Lee says, eyes focus and unwavering.

“Sir I—“

“What I’m trying to say is, don’t let yourself control the music, let the music blend with you. Let the beat sway with you. Don’t waste opportunities Jongin, you are a prodigy, you are something…”

“I know that Sir, but I’m really sure that I’m grasping all the opportunities, like right now, I wanted to be the representative that is why I spend almost every day in the studio dancing to perfect mu routine. I put everything on it Sir, my heart, my body and my soul…” Jongin spoke in a soft voice. He is very sure of himself.

He knows HIMSELF.

“Then tell me, why are you dancing Jongin?”

Jongin thinks that it was the dumbest question that was asked to him. Of course he dances because it is his passion, his dream. He was about to say those exact words when an image of a smiling boy flashed on his mind.

Kyungsoo.

The boy who manages to break into his walls.

The boy who believes in his talent when he was just a nobody.

The boy who gives him soothing words when practice was harsh.

The boy who waits for him late every night at home with a warm smile on his lovely face.

The boy who hugs him to sleep and whispers sweet nothings to his ears.

The boy who never forgets to tell him that he loves him.

Then it hit him.

He didn’t dance because he wanted the world to praise him, he dances because Kyungsoo said that he is the best dancer for him.

He dances to make him proud.

He dances to make him smile.

He dances for him.

He was his beat.

Mr. Lee saw the sudden change in Jongin’s expression. He was about to say something when Jongin beat him to it.

“Mr. Lee, can I ask you something?”

Mr. Lee smiles and nods in reply.

 

---

 

Kyungsoo was inside the bedroom the whole day. After their argument, he pads towards their shared bedroom and heard the main door open and close.

‘Dancing’

His eyes are already puffy and red for crying non-stop. He shouldn’t have outburst like that. He should have listened to Jongin. He should have let him rest. He was tired but he yelled at him.

He really did it this time.

He knew Jongin was going to choose dancing but it never stopped him from hoping that Jongin might choose him.

Might…

As he burry his face to his crossed arms, he heard the main door opened and footsteps move its way towards the bedroom. It was still early for Jongin to be home.

Maybe he left something and just came back to get it.

Don’t think he’s here to apologize. You are nothing to him now.

Kyungsoo hears the bedroom door open and close. The footsteps are slowly getting closer and someone sat next to him causing the bed to dip. Suddenly, he was enveloped into a warm hug.

Kyungsoo didn’t have to open his eyes to know who it was. The familiar arm and intoxicating scent is enough to tell him that it is Jongin.

“Don’t leave…” Jongin whispers into his ear. Kyungsoo wanted to hug him back and tell him that he will never does that but this is too good to be true. Jongin might just be saying it now but who knows he’ll change his mind later.

“Jongin… I’m tired…” Kyungsoo’s voice was hoarse from crying.

“I’m sorry about earlier… I was being a jerk, I was being stupid.”

“But you don’t love me anymore.” After Kyungsoo said those words, Jongin gently lifted his face and grasp his cheeks softly, his eyes are looking anywhere but Jongin.

“Hey, look at me. Why would you think of that?”

“You didn’t choose me…”

“I did.” This made Kyungsoo look at him.

“No you didn’t, you choose dancing.”

“Exactly.”

“Then why are you saying that you choose me? Jongin, I’m not in the mood for your jokes right now…”

“But can’t you see? Kyungsoo, when I choose dancing, I also choose you.”

“What the hell are you saying?” Kyungsoo is starting to glare at Jongin.

“I’m saying that you are the reason why I dance, just like I’m the reason why you write. You told me that I was your music and to me, you are my beat…”

Kyungsoo’s eyes are starting to blur again. He didn’t know what to feel at the moment. Jongin knows that if he wanted Kyungsoo to forgive him, then he have to open up to him, to tell him everything.

Everything.

“I’m sorry it took me this long to realize. Please don’t ever think of leaving me. I know that I’m not the best boyfriend you wanted to have but please give me a chance, this time, I’ll make everything right. I promise and I mean it.” Jongin want to say more but only a few words came out of his mouth but it seems like everything was already in them:

“I love you.”

Kyungsoo didn’t waste any time and wrap his arm around jongin’s neck. His Jongin is back! He felt like his heart is putting itself back together.

“I love you too… and I will never ever leave you…”

 

---

 

Light kissed the windows which started illuminating the room. The body entangled with the sheets stirs followed by two doe eyes slowly opening.  Kyungsoo turns to his left see if his boyfriend is still there only to realize that for the first time in years,

He is not ALONE.

Jongin felt somebody was staring at him and sure enough when he opened his eyes, two lovely eyes are looking at him with surprise.

“J-Jongin?”

“Good Morning Baby!” Jongin pulled his startled boyfriend for a hug and the latter’s face was settled in the crook of his neck.

“Y-you’ll be late…” Kyungsoo said as he still can’t believe that Jongin was there.

“I don’t have to go to the studio today.” Jongin said while his little boyfriend’s hair.

“Why is that?”

“You see, yesterday, I asked Mr. Lee if I could take a break for a while…” after hearing those, Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in shock.

“But what about the compete—“

“Yixing will be the representative.”

“Y-Yixing?”

“Yup! Yixing. I told them that he was a really good dancer and that they should give him a chance to show what he really is capable of.” Jongin answered. Kyungsoo still can’t believe what his boyfriend is saying.

“But isn’t that what you’ve been after?”

“You told me that I was the best dancer right? So I guess there will still be a lot of other opportunities out there for me but right now, I just wanted to spend time with you.” Jongin says and cupped his boyfriends chin and leaned for a kiss.

Kyungsoo happily kissed him back. It felt like forever since they last kissed like this. It was sweeter and gentler. It was good.

When they parted, Jongin continued to caress his lovely boyfriend’s cheeks that are flushed.

“Do you want coffee?” Kyungsoo asked. Jongin peck him on the lips and replied;

“Sure! And I want to use Pororo and Krong again, I kinda missed them, what do you say?”

Kyungsoo nods enthusiastically and the two of them rolled out of bed giggling with intertwined fingers and strode towards the kitchen.

And Kyungsoo thinks it was not good…

It’s PERFECT.

 

-END-