Suffocation

I Bought Books But Scared to Read Them

Bang. Bang. Bang.

The hell. It's half past two in the morning and there's someone at the door. Urgh.

"Who's that?"

"Noona..." He seems so scared. I hurriedly unlocked the door and pull it to open. There he stands, shivering. It's been raining all day.

I let him inside and put a dry towel on him. God, he looked so scared.

"Lee Taemin..." I said as he finished the mug of hot cocoa. " What happened?"

"I was driving down to the company when..."

He's shaking. I sat beside him. Tears are falling down the ashen scared face of my bestfriend.

"I'm gonna call your manager."

"No, please. Please noona."

This is more serious than I thought. The fact that he doesn't want their manager to know means it's something related to that girl again. The girl who used to scare him. Think sasaengs are frightening? How about a co-worker sasaeng? This really .

I went inside the room to get some clothes. Fortunately, he's got a habit of leaving his clothes here whenever sleeping over. He still thinks I'm playing mom to him.

"Here. Put some dry clothes on first."

He stood up, like a child scared of what's on the floor. He opened the bathroom door like it's where the monsters are hiding.

I know it's not good to look at other people's phones and messages but...

I entered the password --- the same password he'd been using. I felt my heart aching at the thought of it.

Am I suffocating? Let me show you what suffocation is. YOU'LL BE MINE.


As much as I want to throw him out of the bed, I let him be. At least, in his dreams he'll be at peace.

Is it worth it? Having other people running your lives to the point of this?

Is he there?

Woah. After two years, I've received a message from you.

Babo Calling...

It's been a long time since that appeared in my screen.

"He's here." 

"Why didn't you..."

"It's just been a few seconds since I got your message." Babo. Hmp. He obviously hasn't changed yet.

"You could have texted or called first. We're all so worried here." God, I miss your voice.

NO.

"He asked me not to." My heart pounds as I talk. Urgh.

"Is he okay?"

"He's asleep."

"Okay. Thanks. I'll ask the company to pick him up in the morning." You still sound so serious. And sharp.

"No worries. I can drop him off."

"No. Someone will come for him."

"I moved out two years ago..." Yes. After what happened, I can't stay on that place anymore.

After all, that is where almost all what we had were built and crashed.

Crashed.

"I know..."