Ice Skating

Crush

               So, i've been having a crush on this guy named Luhan since year 1 of high school. It only started out as him being my eyecandy but it then developed into a crush. I thought i wouldn't even get to talk to him since we're in different classes but then our mutual friend, Hongki did something to make us interact with each other. Hongki knew i had a crush on Luhan but i didn't know that they were friends! Yeap, my mistake. Or was it...?

 

               It all started when we had art class. The final exams were coming and we had to work on an art piece individually. Therefore, we had to stayback after school to work on it. Apparently, there were other classes there too and that's where i saw him in the art room as well. He was sitting at the corner doing his own work. Of course i thought he looked handsome as always. Ok, so i didn't know he took art as well so i was shocked and happy at the same time. A few days went by and Hongki knew i wanted to talk to Luhan and since Luhan was his friend, he kinda told him that i had a crush on him (i really felt like stabbing the penknife i was using the moment i overhead Hongki telling him that). That's when Luhan started to notice/know my presence.

 

               A few weeks had passed and Luhan and i got to know each other. We followed each other on twitter, he asked my for help with his artwork and eventually, he got my phone number from Hongki and we started texting each other often. I was really happy that i actually got this far with him. I mean, most of the time when i had a crush on someone, i wouldn't be able to get myself to talk to them but it's a different story now with Luhan. I'd get butterflies whenever we chat online which is silly but hey, i'm talking to my crush not some random person. Haha.

 

               It's been one month since then and i noticed people (especially girls) staring or glancing while pointing at me sometimes. It was wierd but then i got to know that the whole art students knew about my crush on Luhan because of who? Yes, Hongki. He just couldn't shut his mouth, huh? Nevertheless, he'd never stop teasing me whenever we had art classes together. However, the wierd thing is, i'd sometimes catch Luhan looking at me from time to time and he'd blush/smile to himself whenever i caught him. I don't know if it's just me though.

 

               At times, my friends would say that he likes me and that it's obvious by the way he talks to me and look at me and all. They told me that they'd caught him looking at me from far and that he'd smile to himself whenever he saw me walking by. Of course, i wouldn't believe them but deep down inside, i knew that what they were saying could be true but the thought of him being a popular guy among girls and me being just an average girl made me think otherwise.

 

               One day, while Luhan and i were texting, i suddenly got the courage to ask him out for ice skating. My heart really felt like exploding with happiness when he actually agreed/accept my invitation. We agreed on the time and place to meet and it was set. We're going ice skating together. Omo omo. Finally, the day has arrived. I was already on the way to the place we are meeting and i couldn't help but feel so nervous about it. This is so called my first date with him.

 

               Soon, i arrived. *So nervous* I then took out my phone and texted Luhan to ask of his whereabouts. "I'm at the elevator. Near the escalator." he replied. I looked at the place he said and there he was, standing by the elevator. He was dressed in all black except the grey shoes. He didn't seem to notice i was already behind him so i tapped him on the shoulder. Luhan then turned around and smiled. Then came an awkward silence. *Krik krik*

 

               *I should say something. What should i say? Omg. I'm so nervous. Eotteokhae? God, please help me juseyo.* I thought silently. Soon, the train came and we got in it. Still, the silence was still going on but it wasn't as awkward. It was actually killing me but i felt more like killing myself since i couldn't bring myself to talk to him. So, we stayed silent until we reached our destination. *Face palm*

 

 

-At the ice rink-

 

 

               Before we entered the ice rink, he told me to go first since it was his first time and "ladies first". The moment i stepped on the ice rink, i turned around to check on Luhan and was shocked to see that he immediately started skating with ease. It's as though he was already a pro. *Omg, this guy. He said it's his first time but look at him* I thought as i was still struggling a bit to balance myself despite having ice skated twice already. *Shakeshead* I looked up and saw Luhan waiting for me with a confused look. 

 

               "I thought you said you've already went ice skating before." he said as he glanced at me. "Yes, i did." *But it doesn't mean i can already skate like a pro, dumb dumb* Then Luhan chuckled when he saw how much i'm struggling. *How could he laugh at me. Can't he see i'm struggling? He could at least help me or something.* I thought when suddenly, Luhan spoke, "Want me to hold your hand?" Luhan asked shyly. *Omo. I can't believe he said that. Omgomgomgomg. Ok, Minhee. Calm down.* I said to myself. "Well, err..." i hesitated as i didn't know what to say.

 

               Luhan chuckled and gently held my right wrist and started skating faster pulling me along. *Ohmaigawd... HE'S HOLDING MY HAND. OMO, EOTTEOKHAE I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING. OMO DON'T FAINT DON'T FAINT* I said to myself as i snapped out. It felt really nice when he's holding my wrist. So gentle and warm. I noticed people were looking at us. Some of them whispering to each other while smiling/giggling at us. People must've thought we were a couple. Heh. Suddenly Luhan started to slow down and let go of my wrist. *Aww. I was just starting to enjoy the bliss.* We then skated side by side but i told Luhan to skate without me since i was skating so slow and so he did.

 

               All the while i was skating alone, i got used to it and was soon able to skate faster smoothly. I looked infront to see where Luhan was but couldn't find him anywhere. However, everytime i stopped at the sides, i noticed Luhan would stop too as if he was behind me all these while and was looking out for me. How sweet. From time to time, Luhan would push me gently in an attempt to make me fall (of course he failed since i got the hang of it) and he'd poke me by the sides too but suddenly something happened.

 

               I was skating alone when Luhan suddenly went infront of me while holding his right wrist and was wincing in pain. "What happened to your hand? Did you fall?" I asked as i took his wrist with both hands. "Are you ok? It's red." i asked with worry. "The ice is cold, that's why it's red." he said. I then started massaging his wrist gently to ease the pain. I glanced up and saw him looking away. *Is he blushing? No no. Why would he. Pfft.* "There." i said. "Thanks." Luhan said and smiled.

 

               Soon, the time given ended and we left the ice rink. There was a long queue at the counter to return the ice skates so we decided to wait at the sitting area. Again, the awkward silence is back. We were facing each others back though. I was getting bored when suddenly, i felt a weight leaning against my back. I looked behind to see Luhan resting his back against me. *Omona, what is he doing?* I decided to play along and pushed back and rested against him. We kept doing that back and forth until i got tired and let him rest on my back. His head was actually resting on my right shoulder. *I can't believe he's actually doing this right now. What is this Luhan?* Just as i thought, Luhan stopped leaning. I was actually sad he stopped doing it when i got an idea.

 

               Since he already got to rest for awhile, i decided it was my turn. So, i leaned my body against his back. While i was resting on him, i could actually hear his heartbeat racing. *Is he nervous?* I thought. His back felt so warm that i actually got sleepy and was falling asleep. "Minhee, wake up." I opened my eyes and found myself resting my head on his left shoulder. *Omg. When did he changed position? And i fell asleep. Face palm.* "Oh, i'm sorry i fell asleep." i said as i rubbed my eyes. "It's ok." he chuckled. Then we got up and returned the ice skates.

 

               Soon, we were already going home. Luhan decided to send me home since it's already dark. *It's still awkward between us.* I thought as we walked in silence. Just then, Luhan spoke. "Hey, can i ask you something?" he asked. "Sure." i said and my heart started beating fast and got nervous somehow. "Do you have a crush on anyone?" he asked. *Oh no. Why is he asking me this?* "Err, well.. I guess." I answered hesitantly. "Who?" he asked. *I knew he'd ask this.* "Err, erm... Someone from school." I stuttered. "What about you? Do you have a crush on anybody?" i quickly added. "Well, yeah. I do." he answered and i felt a part of me breaking into pieces. "Who..?" i asked carefully. "Someone from school." Luhan looked at me and smiled. *Hey, that's my answer. Tsk.* I thought as i pouted.

 

               "But i can describe her to you." he said. "She's cute and bubbly. Whenever i see her, she's always so happy and smiling. Whenever she smiles, it makes me smile too. It's like she's a happy virus to me." he said as he smiled to himself. My heart was tearing into pieces but i kept composed. "Since when did you have a crush on her?" i asked. "Since first year of high school. I actually noticed her looking at me sometimes which i find cute." he said as he looked at me and smiled. *Lucky girl. How i wish it's me. Sigh.* "Recently, i got to talk to her through a friend of mine." he continued. "Ah, i see. That's good." i said and smiled weakly.

 

               "Well, this is where i live." i said as we arrived at my house gate. "I see. It's really nice." Luhan said as he looked around. "Ah, well then. Thanks for walking me home." i said with a smile. "It's nothing. I enjoyed my time with you just now. We should go out again sometime." Luhan suggested. "Yeah, we should. Anytime." I smiled. "Well, then. I shall get going. Goodnight." he said. "Goodnight." i smiled and watched him walking away.

 

 

-In my room-

 

 

               "So it seems like he likes someone..." i sigh as i laid down and stared at the ceiling. "Well, at least i get to be his friend." i smiled weakly trying to cheer myself up. Suddenly, my phone received a message. I looked at the ID and smiled when i see his name on the screen. "Just to let you know, my friend i was referring to is Hongki. (:" I dropped my phone when i realised what he meant. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     "He was talking about me."

 

 


 

 

    Just to let you know, the first few part of the story till the part where Luhan and the oc was leaning against each other was based on a true story.... Hehe.  ;)