Feel

Blaze
Please log in to read the full chapter

Fear.

That was the first thing Jungsu felt as he began to wake up, suddenly remembering his current situation. He groaned, his body hurting as he tried to sit up. His back feels as if it's on fire, and he couldn't help but think that the last time he felt somewhat close to this amount of pain was after his car accident. He moved to look at his body. He can imagine that he looks terrible, but other than his clothes looking as if he had walked through another world war, he was fine. He wouldn't be surprised if the skin underneath was now covered in bruises though.

There was smoke and ash in the air, painfully tickling Jungsu's throat. He coughed, feeling his throat burning at the sudden action, while pushing himself up into a sitting position.

As he tried to ignore the painful ringing in his ears, he tried focusing his mind, trying to get the slightest idea of what happened.

He looked around, noticing the ruins that he was now laying in. His now dirty clothes had matched the conditions of the walls and what was left of the ceiling. There were other people there, Jungsu soon remembered. He saw them now, all just as confused and shocked as he was most likely. A few people were unconscious, and Jungsu decided to play ignorant, not wanting to know if those people had died.

At this moment, there was no way for Jungsu to describe the situation except for that fact that he suddenly felt like he was in movie. A scene where the protaginist is trapped after surviving a recent explosion.

Jungsu quickly realized that those moments only looked cool in the movies.

Living it in real life felt like the beginning of a horrid nightmare.

Jungsu and Heechul had come here together. That's the next thing Jungsu remembered. The two of them had realized that it had been a while since they had hung out, and Heechul proposed that they took a trip to the mall. Jungsu had no problem with that, though he was a bit tired and really didn't feel like spending his free time at the mall. But he saw how eager Heechul had been, and couldn't find it in his heart to say no.

It seemed like they had chosen the worst time to go. They had only been in the mall for half an hour before there was a bang, horrid screams following the sound. Heechul and Jungsu looked at each other in confusion before another loud bang sounded, more screams afterward. Jungsu finally realized what was going on as he suddenly felt the ground slightly shake under his feet at the impact. Before he could grab Heechul's wrist and start running to somewhere safe, there was another bang before everything went black.

Jungsu moaned as more fragments of what happened minutes before continued to play in his head. He froze, realizing that Heechul wasn't next to him like before. "Heechul," he said, wondering where his friend had gone.

There was a silence. It made Jungsu feel uncomfortable.

Why wasn't Heechul answering?

"H-Heechul," Jungsu said a little louder, finding more strength.

He started to look around, his manners frantic. He didn't care if he looked like a maniac at this point.

He just wanted to find his friend.

Jungsu grunted as he started forcing himself to stand up. Jungsu is dizzy, stumbling a bit as he stood, but he immediately shakes the dizziness away. Looking around, he noticed that other people were also trying to pick themselves off the ground, probably having the same agenda Jungsu had right now.

Look for the person important to you.

"Kim Heechul!" Jungsu tried yelling, ignoring the burn in his throat as he did so. He coughed again, looking around before his vision caught something that made his eyes widen. 

There were slabs of something laying on the ground. Jungsu wasn't sure of what it was, debris maybe, but he had a feeling that they had fallen from the ceiling.

They had fallen from the ceiling and crushed his friend.

"Heechul!" Jungsu yelled, running towards that direction. All the pain in his body was gone now. Adrenaline pumped as all he could think about was getting Heechul out of the pile he had managed to get stuck under. 

Jungsu fell onto his knees, immediately beginning to use his hands to shovel the pieces that had buried Heechul. He felt something cutting at his hands, but he ignored the pain as he struggled to move the larger pieces. 

He wasn't sure where he found the strength, but he felt his body drain of all energy once he had gotten the last piece off of Heechul's chest.

The younger one was unconscious. Jungsu didn't have to check for a pulse; he already heard Heechul's painful wheezes. There are some cuts on Heechul's face, ones that Jungsu knows that Heechul won't be happy about later on. Dirt had covered his face and clothes, just like Jungsu.

With shaky hands, Jungsu started smacking at Heechul's noticeably pale face, trying to wake him up.

Panic.

Jungsu was glad Heechul was alive.

But with this current situation, Jungsu wasn't sure how long that would be a fact.

And that very thought made Jungsu's heart begin to pound so much faster.

"Heechul-ah!" Jungsu yelled desperately. He grabbed Heechul's shoulders, gently shaking the unconscious one before hearing a weak groan. Jungsu paused, his eyes widening again. "Heechul?"

Heechul's eyelids began fluttering, and every second felt like a decade to Jungsu before Heechul's glazed eyes opened half way, staring blankly.

Heechul's lips started moving, his ability to speak shockingly gone.

Jungsu started running his fingers through Heechul's hair, almost gasping as he felt his fingers become coated with a warm liquid.

"J-Jung...su?" Heechul says weakly. He coughs right after, his chest heaving as he tried to inhale between each cough.

"It's okay," Jungsu says softly, wanting Heechul's pain to stop, but not knowing what to do. "I'm here with you and we'll get out of here soon, okay?"

Heechul nods, too tired to give a verbal response.

Jungsu looks around, searching for something to help his friend, but finding nothing.

It was during the process of that that Jungsu heard good news and bad news.

Good news was that someone had called for help.

The bad news was that the entrances were blocked by large debris that would inevitably keep them trapped until further notice, making the fire department's job much harder.

Jungsu's attention was placed back on Heechul upon hearing a pained groan escape the other one's lips. "Yah!" Jungsu yelled as he watched Heechul's eyelids fluttering closed. He started smacking his face again. "Stay awake!"

Heechul sighed, trying to obey Jungsu's orders. "Hyung," he groaned. "E-everything... hurts."

Jungsu watched as Heechul's face scrunched up in pain. "I know. I know," Jungsu replied, his demeanor sympathetic. "It all hurts but you can't fall asleep on me, okay?"

"'Kay," Heechul whispered in reply.

 "I mean it, Heechul," Jungsu said.

Heechul nodded slightly. "I know," he replies halfheartedly, though he tries his hardest to sound strong so that he can calm Jungsu down a bit. He shifts his gaze to what's left of the ceiling above him. Heechul swallowed before slowly looking back to Jungsu. "Are you hurt?"

Jungsu bit his lip. He shook his head, confused as to why he suddenly felt his eyes threatening to tear up. "I'm okay," he answered. "Just a little bruised but it's not bad."

And at that statement, Jungsu swears that he sees a small smile forming on Heechul's lips. "Good," Heechul said, as if suddenly content with everything else in the world. "I...I was worried about you when it all started." Heechul coughed, causing Jungsu to wince. "You were scared weren't you?"

Jungsu nods, mostly because hearing Heechul as he struggled to speak made Jungsu feel as if his throat was closing up as well.

Please log in to read the full chapter