1

Bring Me Back
(SONG REQUEST: LET ME KNOW BY BTS) 
Several dozens of lights flashed vibrant colors filled the empty spaces of the room where people didn't occupy; greens, yellows, reds, and blues, all appealing to the eyes. She slapped the table a second time, the bartender unhesitatingly sliding another round in front of the young lady, not that he didn't mind serving a beauty such as herself. Though she didn't consider herself as prepossessing or charming, she still managed to pretty her attire this evening; a sleek black dress that rested before her knees, heels that worked wonders for her calves and height, and an adored charm bracelet given from her boyfriend. No matter the amount of alcohol entering her body, she was still sober enough to ponder from hours ago, where her self-esteem and dignity shot through the floorboards. It brought her pain that left a numb sensation, she thought a warmup drink would loosen up the tension. She decided that a traditional night club would be the perfect remedy. With the music coursing through her body, enlightening enough to head to the dance floor, she began to experience life in a different manner. 
Bodies grinding on each other, couples going at it, groups of friends enjoying themselves, whoever it was they were paired up dancing unabashed. Everyone but her lonely self. Though she felt pity for these circumstances she encountered, managing a smile constructed and regained some of her confidence.
"Hey," a voice beckoned from behind her. "What's your name?" She turned abruptly, greeting the eyes with the man who just had called her. The beating in her heart remained the same, unchanged, the music was pounding louder. The man instinctively shielded her away from a drunk who attempted to clutch at the end of her dress. 
"Layla, yourself?" 
 
It was a summer evening, just any other night that Layla went for a stroll in the park. She was pondering over things that were to early to be worried about, exams, school, homework, endless assignments, and projects. Sometimes, she didn't understand why she even cared over something so immature in the middle of vacation, the past was there for a reason; a record of our history, something we can never change. 
"Physiology? I don't think so," she cackled to herself, shaking her head of those thoughts. What really struck her head was a plastic object, knocking her off of her feet. The grass was swaying from the slight breeze in front of her eyes, then two boys came running after her. 
"Yo, Layla. At least you could've caught it!" Her childhood bestfriend, Jackson Wang, mocked. She couldn't help but roll her eyes, this time she swore she witnessed her brain. The boy to his right was what she caught, hooked on his eyes, then her heart began to beat in her ears when he spontaneously guided her to her feet. Her cheeks radiated a dark shade of red, even Jackson immediately noticing in the dark. 
"This is my friend, Mark." Jackson jerked both of their arms, pulling us closer together. "This is Layla." 
Without removing his focus from Layla, he intentionally stated, "The girl you always talk about? She's beautiful." 
 
Layla averted her gaze from the man she was suppose to converse with. The memory of her love was too much at the moment, instead of her stomach roaring with butterflies, her heart grieved and begged for him. When her eyes returned to him, though her sight was a bit hazy from exhaustion and the drinks, she outlined the distinct lines of his jaw, nose, and eyebrows. They were too different to even compare, she thought. 
"Yugyeom. How come I don't see you around her often?" He swiftly wrapped his arms her waist, without her consent, luring his victim of the night closer to inhale her fragrance; he noted the scent of vanilla and meekly grinned to himself. On the other hand, her expression retained a stern and heartless element as she promptly removed herself from his touch. He was too flirtatous for her liking in such a short period.
"Because I have a life-" 
A blur of white and black attacked the ert, earning multiple gasps from the surrounding individuals. Layla rolled her eyes for she expected this to happen but her heart still warmed at this moment. 
"Because she has a boyfriend," her knight and shining armor exclaimed while landing a few punches on Yugyeom's features that will probably not heal or remain indifferent after this. When he was through with pelting the defenseless man on the floor- Yugyeom striking him times too, causing Layla to cringe- he frustratedly removed his jacket. She didn't think he was going to enfold her in it, the fabric's familiar warmth bringing her back to previous senses, and drag her out of that hell hole that could shatter her dreams with one ignorant mistake. 
"Mark.." Breathlessly, she wrenched his arm. It had no affect, he was stronger than she was by unexplainable standards; his training wasn't for nothing, to protect her when an unexpected situation occurs. His blood was boiling at two-hundred degrees, even from all the affection they exchanged and the delicate, gentle moments, he was furious how she could display herself this way. But the thought of her blank expression back in there meant all the memories they shared popped in her head, that she still cared for their relationship and loved him dearly, made him delighted and a slight smile to form on his lips. He acknowledged the fact that she couldn't thrive on these harsh grounds of the world alone, and neither could he. With one person, out of billions of others, a single shining star in an entire universe was worth retaining and preserving for only himself, they could conquer the world. Remaining irritated with his significant other seemed unbearable and utterly impossible. 
"What the hell were you thinking?" Mark harshly dropped her arm, barking questions one after the other, after reaching his car in the parking lot. 
"I was.." Layla lowered her head in regret, submerged in guilt. "..wrong. For yelling and accousing you for stupid things-" 
He pinned her against the door of the car, eyebrows furrowed, witnessing her petrification. That was the last thing he wanted to do, but what his heart desired spoke louder than his thoughts. His hands crawled up to her cheeks, tenderly them with his thumbs then deliberately claiming her lips. They melted into each other's arms, her fear and his anger dissipating. 
"Why do you love me if I do these things?" Her voice hoarsely leaked out. "Why am I even worth it?" 
"Because you're the reason for my existance." 
In the all depths of Layla's heart, it was warmed, clenching then unclenching, causing her breathing to increase. From the sincerity in his voice, her cheeks turned several shades of rose, darker as he fastened the zipper of the jacket she wore. 
"What if he comes after us?" She gestured her head towards the establishment. 
To be honest, Yugyeom was the rearmost situation Mark was concerned with, when his girl was standing in front of him- under the stars and lights of street lamps- nothing else mattered. She was the single person in his view, she was his world and the universe. 
"He'll meet my fist first, then the concrete second." He opened the passanger door, guiding her safely inside then shutting the door after gifting her with a dozen more kisses. He jogged to the driver side, entering without sparing any time, reveling the ignition, then heading to the destination they both knew too well; their dwelling. The only thoughts surging through his head was forcing her into articles of clothing that protected her from the winter's chills. Images of them cuddling in front of a open, roaring fire brought him much anticipation. 
"I love you," Layla blurted into the silence. 
"I knew you wouldn't do anything regretful. Thank you for that." Mark shyly stated, rubbing away the nerves building up. "You know you're like an addiction, I can't get enough. Without you by my side, I lose it. I can't control myself." His first confession since the days before their dispute. 
"Really?"
"Baby, do you even know that your name means intoxication?"