001

Keeper

"Hi Mom." Sehun walked in his Mother's room with a smile on his face and flowers in his hands. The boy was just released from school only in his uniform and bag. His Mother grew a smile from ear to ear; it was so good seeing her son care and come see her everyday.

"Hi Baby." She said softly while sitting up, "How was school?"

Sehun walked over and sat next to his Mom.

"It was good, I passed my quiz in History." Sehun said smiling.

"That's good sweetie." Sehun's Mom grabbed the back of his head, rubbing it with her thumb.

"How did you do today Mom?"

His Mom sighed before talking.

"The doctors just gave me more tests, Just the usual."

Sehun frowned. He didn't like seeing his Mom suffer in front of his own eyes. She has been in and out of the hospital for alomst a year now because a rare disease she had. The doctors are trying to get her better but she just keeps getting more weak day in and day out. Sehun knows his Mom isn't feeling well. With all the pills and medications that don't seem to work but to make her seem more dead than alive. Always hooked on monitors, always taking pills, Never awake, And always to be in some sort of pain. It was painful for Sehun.

"Mom, Do you think you will get better soon?" Sehun questioned with sad eyes.

"I'm not sure honey, I'm feeling great! Really... Just this whole thing isn't so great." Sehun looked down. He wanted his Mom back home. He loved when she cooked. When just the two of them played board games. So many memories were with his Mom.

"Hey," A finger lifted up Sehun's head, "It's gonna be fine. I promise. You should have hope everyday for us to be together again. "

"I know, bu-"

"Ah, No buts... You need to have hope." His mom stopped him.

Sehun smiled.

"Promise me."

"Promise you what Mom?"

"If anything goes wrong, Promise me you will stay strong." Sehun's Mom our her pinky in the air. Sehun just stared at it. He didn't want to make the promise. He would break it. It's impossible to be okay of anything happend to his Mom.

"M-Mom I Can-"

"Sehun, I don't want you to suffer if anything happens to me, I will be with you every step of the way... Not by you, but in your heart."

Sehun gupled. His Mother's words kept replaying in his mind. He fell into his thoughts

Not by you, but in your heart.....

every step of the way.....

Will be with YOU....

Sehun snapped out of his daze. He slowly put his pinky in his Mom's and squeezed.

"I Promise."  Sehun said.

With that his Mother pulled him into a tight hug. Holding on to him like she never did before.

                                                         

 

 

"Good Afternoon Hyoyeon." The nurse said placing a tray of fluids and Needles  on the table in front of Hyoyeon.

"Hello Nurse Young." Hyoyeon said.

Hyoyeon was suffering with Cancer for about 3 months. All her hair was gone, She was very skinny, Her eyes bags were very deep and she was scrawny. But she was known best for her smile and her humor. All though she was young and was going through so much, She had that smile on her face. It was never gone.

But Hyo had her moments. There were times where Hyoyeon would get really sick. Throwing up and bleeding violently were just apart from it

She had to stay in the hospital for meds and check-ups. She got to leave home only sometimes.

Hyoyeon had trouble with beauty. They said she was beautiful. But she didn't see it. So Hyo wore wigs.

Just to make her feel more pretty and alive like everyone else.

"Are you ready?" The Nurse said putting the needle on Hyo's skin.

"Yeah." Hyo said with a smile.

The needle went in and Hyo flinched. She hated this part. Always injecting things in her with needles.

"Okay, You're done with that!" The Nurse said pulling out the needle. Hyo became curious. Why did they have to inject all this stuff into her?

"Why do you guys have to put all this in me." Hyoyeon asked.

"To keep you healthy, And to see how you're doing!" The nurse said outting in another needle.

"Can you guys do it... in a less painful way?"

"No, We're sorry sweet heart. We have to do it like this."

THe nurse gathered her things and picked her tray up.

"You feel like shrimp cocktail today Hyo?" said the Nurse before leaving the room

"YEAH!" Hyo exclaimed jumping up.

"Okay, I'll bring that right up!"

"Okay, While you're doing that I'm going to go to the Cafe."

"Why?"

"Hyo wants a latte!"

The nurse chuckled.

"Go!"

Hyoyeon got up from her bed and walked to get her latte.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun walked out of his Mom's room. She had fallen asleep after he sang her to sleep .

He was on his phone until his head lifted up.

A girl with long blonde hair was walking through the hospital hall.

Not just an ordinary girl

A girl with beauty spilling from her.

She was a little unstable and wobbly down the hall with coffee in her hands.

She walked into a cancer room.

*Why would someone with such beauty... have cancer?*

His heart skipped a beat...

He didn't care if she had cancer. His heart at that moment didn't care...

He followed her steps to the room