Pumpkin Lights

A dark night with you

 

    With my cigarette lit, I stood there watching you from a far. It was dark outside but, the street lamps gave you vision. Their pumpkin pastel lights kept you feeling safe even though the darkness was all around you. You smiled happily, walking at your own pace listening to Telepopmusik. Which made the night seem all more mysterious and magical. I'm not sure if you noticed me standing there watching you. Taking a cancer I chose into my being and releasing the little bit of hell out into the world so they could feel the high I did. You were so beautiful. Especially when no one else was near you. It's those moments when you're alone where you find out who you really are. And I was finding that out about myself, and now, you.

 

 

  Hands in perfectly baggy navy sweatpants pockets smiling up at the sky. With each release of harmful chaos, I watched you. Watched your every action, every half assed gesture you did awkwardly. Your smile was godly. "Oh Mir..." I whispered to myself even though you'd never hear me at our distance from each other. You began to sing partial phrases. But each note was hit flawlessly. Did you ever sense my presence? We worked in the same GameStop. I worked in the back with all the sealed games. You were a cashier. I did come out quite often due to the sky rocketing sale of the newest edition of Halo. I'm sure you've seen me before. But do you see me now is the question? Did you even like guys? Hell if I knew. I decided to leave the area before you noticed me.

 

 

   "Takuya?" You shouted. No, you couldn't have noticed me. "Takuya! I know that's you! You're smoking in this place again." I turned around startled looking at Mir. He saw me...He quickly ran over to my fixed position. When he finally caught up, he smiled at me breathing heavily. "Uh...Hey Mir.." I said trying to act cool. "What are you doing out so late huh?" He asked curiously.

 

 

"Just...you know...having a smoke."

"Oh, um okay."

"You?"

"I was just goin' for a walk."

A walk...his house was 5 miles from here. Did he come to see if I was here?

"Oh okay," I said as my cigarette was at it's limit. I took it out of my mouth and put it out on the ground and look back up at Mir and his beautiful being.

"Mind if I uh..."

"Hm?"

"Walk with you? I don't wanna go home just yet.."

"Sure," Mir said cheerfully as if he wanted to me to join his journey.

 

 

   So, we began to walk. It was awkward at first since we never really talked before. Mir took his iPhone 5 headphones from his pierced ears and pulled them out of his phone. Telepopmusik filled the air around us as we walked. It's calm, mellow, foreign sound only made him appear all the more majestic in my eyes. Suddenly Mir looked at me, catching me looking at him. I looked away quickly trying to keep my cool composure. But he kept staring at me. So, in response, I looked over to him with an expression that meant, "Yes? Is there something you would like to say?" by raising my eyebrows. But all he did was stare.

 

 

   He grabbed my upper arm to cause me to stop walking. We stopped under a street lamp that was very well lit. "Takuya..." Mir choked. "Yes?" I responded. "Takuya...ever since I saw you I thought we'd make great friends." I sighed, but not to heavily. He thought of us as friends. Well, I knew that moment that I had to try to get rid of these feelings before I would have to watch him from a far again. "I know I don't know you very well, but now...I think of you as something more than a friend...But if you aren't into that kind of stuff I won't bother or pester you about it. If friends is all you want us--" I pulled Mir in and placed my hands gently on his face, passionately kissing him. No, I didn't want to be just friends. Even though we weren't really friends to begin with. I wanted Mir. I wanted him like a child wants candy. I pulled away to see his expression.

 

 

   His face was a cherry red and his eyes were wide open staring back into mine, seeing the desire I had for him. "Takuya..." he said nearly out of breath. Then in that moment he pulled me in and returned to favor. Passionately embracing each other under the orange light. With my hands pressing him against my body and his arms wrapped around my neck pulling me as close as two people could physically be together. In between each loving kiss we panted each other's names.

 

 

  We had to stop, I could hardly control myself anymore. I swiftly pulled away clearing my throat and taking deep breaths as Mir giggled at me knowing my limit was almost reached."Can I go to your house tonight?" I glanced at Mir stunned at what he just asked. We weren't even dating yet! "To sleep," he grinned knowing my thoughts. "Oh..yeah sure." Then we proceeded to my house. With him hanging off my arm, and us holding hands. Walking under the pastel lights. This was a great night. It almost didn't feel real. But his touch reminded me that it was. This was the start of our many nights together.

 

                                               1044367_533047863419696_1867568755_n.jpg