Queen of Deception

Queen of Deception - Bobby

The sound of the sliding door of the van slowly filled the cool night air around them, Bobby slid out of his seat and crawled over the other members that were fast asleep from the long drive home from the airport. Grabbing his backpack with one hand, he carefully maneuvered through the tangled legs and bodies of the Team B members before he was free. Stepping out on to the asphalt, he held the door as he gained his balance, pulling the handle of the door, he closed it tightly before heading to the back to grab his duffel bag.

"Should we wait for you?" His manager asked while he pulled Bobby’s duffel bag from the mountain of the baggage in the trunk.

"I should be okay, but I will call you if I need anything" Bobby smiled tiredly, his manager handed him his bag before the two parted ways. The manager slipping behind the wheel while Bobby dug through his pocket for his spare key for your small apartment.

Trudging up the stairs, Bobby instantly thought of you waiting for him, all cozy in your bed your hair slightly disheveled around your perfect face. The peaceful look on your face while the blanket on the bed were lightly tugged over you. A small smile curled on his pink lips as he thought of the beautiful scene that he was going to see.

Reaching the top of the stairs, he slid the key into the handle and twisted it slowly, making sure not to wake or startle you. Quietly making his way inside, he closed the door behind him quietly as a soft yellow lamp caught his eye. Keeping his shoes on, he slowly moved over to the back of the couch, thinking that you might have been staying up for him and just the thought of that made him smile a little brighter.

However when he peered over the couch, he saw a totally different picture than the one that he was imagining.

Instead of seeing a blanket wrapped around you, another man’s arms wrapped around you, his fingers sprawled out along your back. Letting his eyes linger on you, Bobby noticed that you were wearing your favorite tank top, the one that clung to your skin tightly. Shifting his eyes to the man, he sighed once he saw the strange man’s shirt off and you had your head laying against his chest, just like what you would do with him.

Tightening his grip on the duffel bag in his hand, he clenched his jaw lightly while he made sure that he saw everything that he needed to. Shuffling over to the door, he heard a little whine come from your lips, thinking that you would wake up, Bobby stopped and looked over his shoulder to see you adjust your position in the other man’s arms. The man hummed softly and kissed the top of your head, tucking your own head under the stranger’s chin, you took a deep breath and yawned before Bobby turned back towards the door and opened it so he could leave.

Slowly closing the door behind him, his eyes stared down at the ground while his mind tried to process what this meant. Seeing your face rest against his chest, he felt jealousy grow within him, but sadness and betrayal swelled quickly inside of his heart. Lifting his free hand, he rested it against his chest, above his heart he felt the pounding of the organ against his ribs.

Taking a step toward the stairs, he looked back at your door, the gold numbers reflecting the subtle light around. His lips parted as if he was going to say something, however he just turned around and slowly walked down the stairs.

After a long walk back to the dorm, he was staring at the tops of his toes as he walked through the door. BI looked from the kitchen as he placed his water bottle in the fridge to get it for the next day.

"What are you doing home?" BI questioned, pushing the fridge’s door closed, "Aren’t you supposed to be with _______?"

"She doesn’t want me" Bobby mumbled under his breath

"What do you mean? How could she not want to, especially after two months traveling to Japan?" BI walked over to Bobby, scanning his face with his eyes.

"She doesn’t want me" Bobby quietly whispered as BI could see the tears start to brim his eyes.

"Did something happen? Did you get in a fight with her?" BI placed his hand on Bobby’s shoulder, while Bobby just shook his head slowly.

"She cheated" Bobby whispered, once those words left his lips he wrapped his arms around his Leader and held him tightly.

"What do you mean she cheated?" Jinhwan asked through a yawn while sitting up from the couch.

"S-S-She was c-c-c-cuddling w-w-w-w-with another g-g-g-g-guy" Bobby sobbed into BI’s shoulder.

"Are you sure that it was the right place?" Yoonhyeong questioned

"Would the key have worked if it wasn’t the right place?" Donghyuk retorted, Yoonhyeong shrugged his shoulders.

All of the members started to go over to him seeing that he was so heartbroken over this.

"Come on, let’s get you into bed, we have all had a long trip and you just need some sleep. We will talk more in the morning." BI reasoned while seeing some of ’s yawn.

Nodding his head slowly, Bobby towed his duffel back into his room while Donghyuk helped Bobby turn down his bed, pulling up the covers, Donghyuk looked down at his fellow band mate.

"Try and get some sleep, I am sure that she will contact you in the morning" Jinhwan remarked as he leaned on the door frame.

Flipping off the lights, Donghyuj pushed Jinhwan from the door and closed it before slipping into his own bed.

With the lights out, the moonlight flooded into the room, the subtle shadows of the window and the blinds lined the floor while Bobby stared up at the ceiling. Questions swirled his mind while the minutes ticked by like hours through the lonely night.

An empty room,
I’m empty too
And everything reminds me of you

Finally falling asleep due to pure exhaustion, Bobby slept into the late morning, most of the members got up before the middle of the day, yet Bobby was still sleeping in his bed.

"Should we wake him?" Yoonhyeong questioned while he made himself a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

"Let him sleep" Jinhwan told him while BI agreed.

A few hour later, Bobby finally woke up, rolling over to check his phone for the time, he saw a notification from you. Opening it, he sighed and rolled his shoulders forward while his eyes read over the message that you sent.

Did you have a good flight home? - __

Letting the message sit, he closed his phone and rolled over, groaning a little as the image of you with another man filled his mind. Pressing his hands over his eyes, he took in deep breaths, trying so hard not to cry today. However his eyes became wet. Bobby’s breathing became shaky just before BI peered in through the crack of the door.

"Hyung…" Bobby whined painfully, BI opened the door a little more while he stepped into Bobby’s shared room. "I don’t know what to do…"

"What do you mean? She cheated on you so you should go find another girl" BI pointed out.

"I know, but what if she didn’t mean to, what if it just happened?" Bobby questioned back, giving you the benefit of doubt.

"What makes you think that?" BI probed

"She just texting me wondering if I had a good flight home…" Bobby pulled up the message to show his leader

"It seems like she is just trying to cover it up, like it didn’t happen" BI reasoned, Bobby sat up and ruffled his hair while he walked over to his closet. "W-What are you doing?"

"I am going to see her, straighten it all out. She needs to know that I still love her" Bobby told his leader.

"Love? You still love her?" BI started to raise his voice a little

"I do, I can’t deny that I love her" Bobby told BI with a stern yet sincere voice.

Hearing a knock on your door, you trotted from your bedroom having just made your bed.

"Coming" You cooed while you reached the door and undid the locks from the night. Swinging open the door, you saw your boyfriend standing there.

"Hey Bobby! Welcome home!" You smiled and was about to wrap your arms around him before he stepped back and you didn’t hug him but air instead.

"What’s wrong?" You questioned, growing scared with ever second that he was quiet.

"I want to ask you about something?" Bobby dropped his eyes slightly

"Okay" You nodded your head and opened your apartment to him, bowing to you, he stood in the entry way so he wouldn’t have to take off his shoes.

”_______, did you cheat on me while I was in Japan?” Bobby questioned, his eyes instantly locking with yours, while a different feeling swept over you.

"I didn’t cheat on you, why would you get an idea like that" You broke your gaze from him and from that moment he knew that you had. The feeling of his heart sinking and breaking made all of the emotions from last night swell up instantly.

"Last night…. we flew in from Japan a little early and I came over just to see you and spend the night with you… but when I opened this door…" Bobby tried to hold his tears back but he couldn’t, blinking once two tears streamed down each side of his face. "You were cuddling with someone else."

The quietness of his voice made his pain seem so real to you

"Bobby, I-" You started to say something before he started shaking his head and looked up at you, his bottom lip quivering while he took in a shallow voice.

"When I came home, I thought that you would be sleeping alone, I was going to cuddle with you because I missed you so much from my trip, but you had a strangers’ arms around you." Bobby told you, "So I went back to the dorm…"

You stood there frozen, knowing you had been caught you dragged your toes against the floor while you bit your bottom lip harshly.

"I just love you so much" Bobby looked up at you while more tears rolled down his face. "It made me hurt so much to see you with someone else, I just hope that you are as happy with him as I am with you"

Bobby’s voice tapered off, lifting his hand, he pulled his sleeve over his fingers and rubbed his tear filled eyes. Not hearing anything from you, he let his hands drop to his sides.

"Please choose, me or him, I will give you all the time in the world, but I just wanted to make sure that you knew I loved you with everything that I have. If it wasn’t good enough for you, I want to thank you too for the memories that I will cherish forever" He leaned in and kissed your cheek for the last time, letting his lips rest against your soft skin once more before he pulled away slowly.

"The choice is yours now, if you choose me or him" He told you before turning around and opening the door. "I would choose you every day of my life if I could."

Watching him leave was heartbreaking, with your feelings to sort out, you spent a few days just thinking for yourself, what would be good for you, what would make you happy. 

After four days, you had come to your conclusion, knocking on the man’s door that you choose, you watched the door swing open slowly to find a tear stained Bobby standing there.

"Bobby, I love you too" You had tears b your eyes, but before you could apologize, he wrapped his strong arms around you and started sobbing in your shoulder.

Mumbling ‘sorry’s’ against your hair and gripping you tightly with his fingertips, you felt yourself being slowly put back together. The other guy’s hugs didn’t mean a thing, but this was by far the most feeling confirming hug that you truly did love him, with all of your heart.