My Hero

My Hero

             Sunny doesn't even remember what happened next. The impact and the slight crack she felt in the right part of her face made her stagger on herself – mixing with the few sips of vodkas floating in her immune system – before she charges in her unconscious state, towards her opressor. Forgetting thereafter, the repeated call of her name, muffled by the loud music and the adrenaline flowing in her veins.

 

*

*

 

             “Please, stop hurting yourself.”

Comes the murmur of a slight, begging tone to Sunny's ears. In her semi dazed mind, she can only figure out that the voice in question was applying an ice pack on her right eye – The compress beginning to revive a mix of pain and relief on her skin. She smiles, without realizing it, recognizing this angelic voice and picturing the face belonging to it but gets a slap on the arm in return.

             “Stop fooling around. I'm serious, Soonkyu.”

Tsk, she must be pretty mad if she uses this name. Sunny frowns.

            The person removes the pack covering Sunny's face and moves closer to examinate the brown haired girl's puffy eye. This one can't help but smile full tooth, while the girl in front of her – who didn't leave her thoughts from all the night – was actually taking care of her. And she was cherishing each seconds of this moment.

             “It seems a little less bloated.” The girl asserts, face tensed, concentrated, accentuating those big black pupils.

Sunny displays a new contented smile, though less noticeable, relieved she can still appreciate – with her non affected eye – the proximity of Taeyeon's face.

So caught up in her fantasies, she doesn't hear the brunette's question and the latter pinches (very hard) her nose between two fingers, deeply irritated.

             “Ow~ Stop it, it hurts you know!” Sunny complains in a nasal voice, holding Taeyeon's hand with hers.

             “Why did you fight again?” Taeyeon repeats more loudly, hammering each words through her gritted teeth.

Sunny's smile drops and she stays silent a moment, rubbing her sore nose. The wall's colors suddenly more fascinating than the look Taeyeon was giving her.

The (slighty taller) woman sighs, closing her eyes in order to keeps her calm and not acting one more time under the impulsion. She never knew what to expect with her, anyway.

             “Sunny,” She utters, resting her hands on Sunny's folded ones. This time it was the girlfriend's voice talking. “I'm sorry, I won't get mad again. I promise.”

Sunny looks at her out the corner of her eyes warily. A bunny is always prudent, after all. Taeyeon sighs again, the gaze fading. The same trust issues thoughts haunting her again.

             “I...How would you feel if you learnt that your girlfriend fought with a random dancer in a nightclub?”

             “Hyoyeon was here too, you know.”

             “Fortunately! It's her who stopped you. You're lucky nobody recognized you.”

Sunny pouts, ignoring Taeyeon's (usually) sermon and turns her only accessible eye on the side, but the dark haired girl holds her face firmly between her hands.

             She rubs her fingers on her cheeks, one of the things they liked to do to each other and grew to soothe them mutually. Sunny nuzzles her face a little more in her girlfriend's warm caresses. The pain in her eye – also present and unbearable was it – oddly forgotten at Taeyeon's touch.

She pulls the other girl in a hug very suddenly, surprising her but Taeyeon, shortly afterwards embraces her with a grin.

Some minutes later and they are still in the same position, Taeyeon sliding her fingers in Sunny's now brown and longer hair as she was immersing in Taeyeon's warmth body, listening her slow heartbeat quietly, like an endless ballad.

No thing can rivalize with skinship. Sunny frees herself from Taeyeon's body, anew looking at her.

             “This guy deserved it, you know.” She grumbles to herself.

Taeyeon titles her head on the side but prompts her to continue.

Sunny sighs. “He said that Snsd was just a band mean to be...you see. And himself would personnally and gladly take care of you.”

Silence falls again before Taeyeon bursts in laughter.

              “Why are you laughing? It's absolutely not funny and a total direspect toward you, women and‒”

Sunny is cut short by Taeyeon's lips which wrap hers in a long unexpected kiss. However, the surprise on her face lasts on moment before she lets herself melt, erasing the wrath and pain.

Not suspecting that Taeyeon sends her an entire rain of emotions through this simple kiss, however. The gratitude when she tips her head on the side to deepen the kiss, the fear and anger when she slids her hand on the nape of her neck and scratches it to bring them together.

It wasn't the first time her and the girls suffered from this kind of comments – over time, Taeyeon got used to this idea and ignored them with a tight smile plastified on her face, but to know there was someone (Sunny) who was ready to fight against brainless guys like this, overwhelms her (in a good way) with warm disgusting fluffy feelings and makes her understand how much Sunny loves her. Maybe should she stop doubting over her relation with her, now.

            “I love you, you fool.” She breaks the kiss but stays close to her lips. Pecking them softly one, two, three times. “You're too cute to have been beaten up like that.”

Sunny hums, enjoying the many little kisses Taeyeon is blowing around her face.

             “I hit him pretty hard, you know.” She proclaims, proud of herself.

             “Oh, I don't doubt of it.” Taeyeon objects with a playful smile “You little boy.”

            “Yah! If I didn't wear boyish clothes, he would have seen he has been screwed by a girl, which is an Snsd member, and realized women entirely dominate jerks like him holding them by their‒”

             Taeyeon stops her again in her silly feminist speech, kissing her in a more accurate, passionate manner and shuts Sunny once more. The only way to make her shut up, in fact. Sunny nibbles lightly on Taeyeon's lower lips, wanting more and she lets her in, taking a hold on the collar of her jacket with eager hands. Sunny whines when Taeyeon stops and draws back. her lips, the latter takes her breath before straddling a surprise and stammering Sunny by this not that often display of affection.

Taeyeon flashes a smirk (more seductive) unveiling the dimple on her cheek, and kisses her again – Sunny catching three stated words between their lips, drawing them in and leaving them soak in her mind.

Tightening her hold on Taeyeon, she autorizes herself to be rewarded by her heroic gesture from the night (she really thinks it was).

I'm the complete winner in the story. She smirks.

             “Eyck!!”

Four high pitched annoying voices exclaim, disturbing the two lovers making out on the couch.

The two danshins part quickly and turn their heads towards the cries which belong to Hyoyeon, Yuri, Yoona and Sooyoung watching them with a mix of impish and unaffected fondness in front of this scene.

             “You seem to get better now, Soonkyu.” Sooyoung mocks, munching in an apple.

Sunny wrinkles her nose. “Shut up.”

             “Thanks God.” Hyoyeon steps in. “I thought she was going to destroy all the nightclub.”

She did some weird, funny movements to imitate the horrific behavior of a mad bunny, making laugh everyone, excepted Sunny who muffles her face in Taeyeon's neck.

             “Yah, Hyoyeon! You were rather well angry when this guy began to talk about Seohyun!”

The blond pauses, her cheeks arboring an obvious pink shade. Whereas the others were vocalizing their surprises with this  sudden confession.

             “Don't change the subject, Soonkyu!”

             “I didn't change the subject, I just turned the attention towards you, nuance! And don't call me with my real name!”

             “You're as stubborn as a cow!”

             “What!?”

          “Okay, girls stop it! Or I think I'll die of laughing!” Yoona shouts, holding her stomach. The others laughing their heads off face to this (sad) comical spectacle.

A new voice enters in the conversation the moment Hyoyeon was going to come back for a new round.

             “Why are you all laughing?”

The six girl looks over Seohyun who just came back from her schedule, and bursts in laughter once again leaving a clueless maknae.

             “Why‒ Aah!!” She squeals covering her eyes. “Taeyeon unnie! Don't show that publicly your affection, you and Sunny unnie, please!”

            “Oops, he he.” Taeyeon giggles (ertly) instantly noticing the position in which she was.

She was going to stand up but Sunny emits a sound of disapproval. Taeyeon pats her head muttering a 'later' in her ear with a sealed wink, before she sits beside her.

           “Oh my gosh, Sunny unnie! What happened to you!?” Seohyun erupts again, seeing her bruised eye and immediately runs towards her.

        “Ah, nothing, nothing at all!” Sunny answers, failing an eye-smile meant to be convincing and cursing herself inwardly while Seohyun was inspecting her face with a reprimanding look. “Huh... I have just been h-hit..by a car door!”

Yuri who was drinking her 'Ma' juice spills everything on Yoona still chortling in continue and Sooyoung misses to choke herself with her apple. Taeyeon facepalms herself internally behind her dorky smile. Seriously Soonkyu...

            “Unnie...” Seohyun lectures. “You should take more care of yourself. The rib, the knee and now your eye! Why are you‒”

Sunny interrupts the maknae's rant, feeling a sense of deja vu and wanting to stop the scolding. As if she was a child.. “Okay, Okay! Don't worry, Hyunnie. I would be more careful next time.”

She taunts to persuade her with a signed sunny smile but Seohyun has none of it, she huffs through her nostrils, and stomps her way towards the bathroom.

            “This guy must have thought you were Taeyeon's fanboy.” Yuri puffs, cleaning up Yoona's face with a napkin (the younger woman was still dying of laughter, though). Sunny pouts against her new friends teasings.

             “No, she is not my fanboy.”

Sunny turns her head towards the concerned one, interpellated, with an arched brow.

             “She is my hero.”

Taeyeon looks at Sunny with those soft orbs which held the kindest words and this smile which required a little but meant everything. Interlacing their hands together, she returns the same smile.

             

            Yes, this is what I do the best. To protect her.

 

*

*

 

“Just a question, Unnie.”

“Hm?”

“How are we going to explain that to the fans?”

“...Oh...Oh...”

 

Fin.