Prologue

Think Like A Man

A short Prologue

unedited.


" NEXT"!

Minah slowly approached the stage holding her paper with her number up. Number 28, the most important number in her life. It not only represented what contestant she is but it represented the most glorious moment in your life. The moment she will finally preform and show America her talent. This moment was the product of endless hours applying for contests held for new K-pop wannabes and various other contests for dancing and what not. It took her a year to be able to compete and she was not going to waste it. This competion was specifically for girls who were interested in being rookies at SM entertainment, a popular K-pop industry, and later furthering their career as a K-pop girl group.

" Annyeonghaesyo! My name is Minah and I'm thrilled to be preforming for you judges today"! Minah yelled showing her confidence clearly to the judges. The three judges, two of Korean and the other American simply nodded and urged Minah to proceed with her act. The female was quick to comply. She got into position awaiting the music to start. The song that played was G-dragon's One of A Kind. Minah held the microphone tightly and began her audition.

" Just wild and young, I'm just wild and young, do it just for fun". She began as she moved around the stage. Her feet slide around the floor as if her shoes had wheels on the bottom. Popping and locking her body as me rapped the song further.

" Yes sir, I'm one of a kind" She said with a confident smile as she moved her feet back and forth. It wasn't until a couple minutes later until one of the judges held up their hand for the music to stop. Minah stopped rapping and took a still stance looking at the judges eargerly. The room came to a silence, the judges looking back in forth at each other.

" Thank you for your time....." The America judge began.  " But..you're not what were looking for". Minah's expression dropped as he spoke. She tried to smile but she couldn't. How could they turn her down? She had practiced months on that routine. She danced for hours, she even went on a diet so she wouldn't gain any weight for the audition and now this?

" W-What? Why? Did I do something wrong"? The judge smiled and shook his head slowly.

" Actually your preformance was brillant". Minah almost smiled but she was left puzzled as to how she could of given a brilant prefomance yet not get accepted? It simply made no sense.

" I don't understand...why won't you accpet me then.."? There was a small pause from the judge before answering.

" Because..you're just not the type of girl were looking for. Look at you, baggy jeans, a shirt that looks like you got if from the mens section. We are looking for cute girls who are fun and expressive of their female nature and you just don't cut it". The sad part was Minah wasn't surprised. This had happened to her many of other times. Schools always got onto her about the way she acted, people bullied her for the way she was, and of course the endless lectures from her mom. In the end Minah was never good enough if she didn't conform.

" Are you saying just because I'm different you won't accept me? You're supposed to be judging me on my talent not my appearance"! All three of the judges stood up gathering their papers and bags.

" I'm sorry. Do you not think looks are involved with being idol? You're deluded. You have the talent but just not what appeals to us besides we have already picked the girls we want". Minah bit her lip holding back the rage that was building up.

" Then what was my audition for"?! The judge shrugged.

" We have to give everybody a fair chance. Get going now". Minah shut he eyes tightly throwing the microphone down and stomping off stage. It was too good to be true. Minah ran out of the building as fast as she could and caught the next bus back to her house which was three hours away. She spend her whole allowance just to go there and get told she was appealing enough. This would has been reduced down to whatever meets the eye.

She took our her ipod and put in her earphones blocking out the cruel reality. She listened to SHINee's Replay, drowing herself in song. Her number one inspiration was Lee Taemin. Main dancer of SHINee. She prided herself on being able to dance like Taemin. She repeated the song over and over again until her stop approached. She dreaded going home and facing her mother. She knew all she'd get was 'Do something professional' or 'Stop living a hopeless dream'.

Minah sighed to herself walking along the grey cemented road to her house. It was already getting dark and her mother would most likely have a fit once she walks through her door. 'What's the point. Why should I keep trying? What is my motive anymore? I can't afford to keep this up. It was impossible to keep thinking like that because even feeling completely low she couldn't give it up. What else could she even do? That's just it there was nothing else.

" Minah! There you are"!! Came a shout as Minah entered her house. She sighed seeing her mother rushing toward her.

" Where have you been"?! Minah shook her head not answering and attempted to walk passed her. She couldn't tell her mom about the audition. It would be pointless as to try and make her mother understand why she would want to do such a thing like it's something so bad.

" Minah! Answer me right now"! Her mother demanded as she followed Minah to the stairs.

" No! You wouldn't understand".

" You've been out dancing again haven't you?! Minah, how many times have I told you to do better things with your life"?! Minah sighed and snapped around to her mother with an angered expression.

" Of course..If it's something you don't approve of then it's bad right?! Just because you think it's stupid doesn't mean I should give up something that I love very much and very good at it". Her mom rolled her eyes and crossed her arms taking her signature stance. The angered annoying mother stance.

" Minah you're such a pretty girl. Why don't you embrass it? Why do you have to be so foolish? Dancing isn't a profession, It's a hobby"!

" Why can't I be pretty just being me?! Dancing is a hobby? So what about all the K-pop idols out there that make a living off of their dancing and singing? You're so wrong mom"!

" Aish when will you give up this idol dream?! That is a fantasy not a lifetime goal"!. Minah stood appalled but wasn't surprised that something as ignorant as that would make it's way out of her mom's mouth.

" A fantasy?! So then how did they become K-pop idols? Obviously it's a goal that can be reached! God I wish you would just try to be understanding"! With that being said, Minah took off upstairs to her room. She slammed her door and jumped on her bad ready to just scream out of frustration. She could barely even deal with her mom anymore. Something needed to be done or she would probably go insane.

She laid back on her bed staring up at her Taemin poster that was taped to her celing. She wondered if he ever indured such cruelty. She admired him for being able to follow his dream but she always wondered if he was ever surrounded by somebody so unsupporitve. She'd give anything to be able to go to Korea and train as rookie. If she had lived in Korea would things be different? Would her mom still be unsupportive of her? It would definitely be easier to reach her dream if she lived in Korea, where her dream lied. She sighed to herself and closed her eyes. All she wanted to do was continue dancing and live her dream...

oh and of course forget everything that happened today.