Garlic Bread for Dinner

Garlic Bread for Dinner

Taemin stares angrily at his boyfriend talking to the annoying, loud, obnoxious blond that Taemin has told him again and again that he doesn’t like and he doesn’t want Jonghyun to talk to him but no, Jonghyun is talking to him and completely oblivious to the obvious flirting Kibum is trying to engage in and it makes Taemin’s blood boil.

Jonghyun comes back over to Taemin after a while, after Taemin had to glare at the vampires eyeing him like he’s a piece of meat. Well, Taemin supposes more like a walking blood bag, which is exactly what he is to most of them; just a walking little human blood bag. Sometimes he wonders why Jonghyun even brings him to these things, these parties. Taemin is one of maybe four humans in the whole, ancient and totally stereotypical vampire mansion. It makes Taemin scoff, because these vampires could at least try to be a little original.

The other humans are either servants or pets, so Taemin normally tries to stick as close to Jonghyun as he can when he’s dragged to these things.

But that annoying, jerkface Kibum likes to take Jonghyun away every chance he gets, making Taemin fend for himself while he tries to woo Taemin’s boyfriend.

Taemin isn’t going to tell Jonghyun again why he doesn’t like Kibum. His boyfriend’s ex is annoying, clingy, loud, obnoxious, over-bearing, and entitled. He makes Taemin want to punch him in the face, and Taemin’s normally not an aggressive person, so that says a lot.

Taemin’s more of the passive aggressive type, which is exactly why he crosses his arms and purses his lips when Jonghyun comes back over to him and wraps an arm around his shoulders.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Jonghyun asks after a moment, and Taemin doesn’t even look at him.

“I wanna go home. Take me home.” Taemin demands.

“Why, did something happen?” Jonghyun’s eyes go wide, and he starts to worry over his boyfriend, “Did someone do something to you? Did someone try something? I swear, I’ll kill whoever-“

“Will you shut up?” Taemin cuts him off, glaring, “No one did anything, just take me home.”

Other vampires are watching, looking on in disgust as a human tells a vampire what to do. Taemin just sends them all an annoyed look as Jonghyun leads him out of the mansion. This place is dark and depressing, and it makes Taemin roll his eyes.

And the spiders crawling around all over the place don’t help, either. Taemin hates bugs; anything with more than four legs needs to stay the hell away from him, or else he sends Jonghyun to kill it, squish it, capture it, do anything with it so long as it gets away from him.

Taemin hates bugs, but right now he’d rather take his chances with the moth flying above their heads than let Jonghyun kiss him like he’s attempting to do right now.

“What’s your problem tonight, babe?” Jonghyun whines, his fangs sticking out. Taemin rolls his eyes.

“Nothing, I’m just tired. I had to work today, you know.” Taemin leans his head back against the seat when he gets in the car, closing his eyes. It’s well past two in the morning, and Taemin really is tired. Not as much as he’s letting on, but tired, nonetheless.

“I’m sorry, babe, I forgot.” Jonghyun tells him while he drives back to their apartment, “I’ll make it up to you, I promise.”

“Sure.” Taemin mumbles, turning his head to look out the window.

Taemin goes to bed right when they get home, pretending to be asleep when Jonghyun comes in the bedroom so he doesn’t have to deny the older man , because there was no way in hell Jonghyun was getting any from him tonight.

The next morning, Taemin opens one of his drawers to take out his special jewelry box. He normally only wears this if he knows he’s going to encounter some particularly aggressive vampires, but they always come in handy when he wants to let Jonghyun know he’s mad at him.

He puts in the sterling silver earrings, tongue stud, necklace, rings, and bracelets. They twinkle in the light coming in from the curtains, and he smirks while he goes into the kitchen to start making himself breakfast. Jonghyun comes in a few minutes later, rubbing his head and stumbling into the kitchen sleepily.

“Morning, babe.” His voice is thick, and normally Taemin soaks it in, but he’s having none of it today.

Jonghyun moves to wrap his arms around Taemin’s middle, but he flinches back and stares at his boyfriend with a scandalized expression.

“What the hell, babe?” Jonghyun nearly shouts, and Taemin doesn’t look fazed.

“What?” The younger asks innocently, moving to slide his eggs out of the pan and onto his plate.

“Don’t play dumb with me, Lee Taemin.” Jonghyun narrows his eyes, “What the hell are you doing, wearing all that around me?”

Taemin smiles sweetly from where he’s standing a few feet away from his boyfriend, “Oh, you know, just thought I’d see if it really works.”

“Taemin, what did I do?” Jonghyun whines, unable to move any closer to the younger man.

Taemin doesn’t say anything, continuing to eat his eggs and toast and sending Jonghyun that infuriatingly sweet smile.

“Come on, babe, tell me what I did! I’ll make it better, I promise.” Jonghyun wants so badly to go sit by his boyfriend, hold his hand, beg him to come back to the bedroom with him, but he can’t move any closer.

They’re both silent while Taemin finishes his food, and then he leaves the mess for Jonghyun to clean up.

“You’re a , Taem.” Jonghyun says simply as he scurries to hurry away from the offending jewelry while Taemin exits the kitchen.

“I know I am.” Taemin says simply, going to the bedroom and closing the door loudly.

Jonghyun stares at the plate and pan he’s expected to clean, and he pouts at the empty plate.

“You could’ve at least left me some crust.” He whines to himself, huffing as he cleans up after his slob of a boyfriend.

Jonghyun really hates cooking, and Taemin knows that very well, which why he only made just enough food for himself this morning.

Jonghyun goes out after breakfast, telling Taemin he has a deal to make with one of his clients, and Taemin only hums to let him know he heard. He tells the younger that he won’t be home until around dinner time, and Taemin tells him he’ll make dinner for them. Jonghyun smiles, thinks he’s being let off the hook, but Taemin has other ideas.

Jonghyun comes home later in the evening, smiling when he smells what his boyfriend has been cooking for them.

“Smells good, babe. What are we having?” Jonghyun grins when he sits down, but the smirk on Taemin’s face makes him uneasy.

“Oh, just some pasta.” Taemin smiles, setting the bowl down on the table, “And some garlic bread. Extra garlic.”

“Goddammit, Taemin! Jonghyun shrieks, and he knows that the little brat probably put garlic in the sauce, too, and probably in the water while the pasta was cooking.

“More for me, I guess.” Taemin says happily, piling his plate high with pasta, red sauce, and three pieces of garlic bread.

“What did I do?” Jonghyun yells from across the apartment.

Taemin just takes a large bite out of his garlic bread, chewing slowly as he stares intensely at his boyfriend.

Jonghyun lets out an annoyed growl before he leaves the apartment, going to get takeout from some hole in the wall down the street.

The next morning, Jonghyun wakes up late, and he looks around in a confused state when he hears the front door open and close. He walks out of the bedroom to see Taemin moving to sit on the couch, and he blinks at his boyfriend before he asks where he went.

“I went to church; I hadn’t been in a while.” Taemin tells him, and it’s nothing out of the ordinary, because Taemin goes to the little Catholic Church a few blocks away every now and again.

Jonghyun goes to sit next to him, thinking their little spat must be over by now.

“That’s good; how was it?” He asks, closing his eyes as he leans against Taemin’s shoulder.

“It was great, actually. I got to talk to Father after mass, and I even got him to give me this,” Taemin pulls a little vial from his jacket pocket, and Jonghyun instantly flinches away.

“Please don’t tell me,” Jonghyun trails off, staring at Taemin with wide eyes.

“Holy water, blessed by Father right in front of me.” Taemin smiles, unscrewing the top.

“, Taemin, get that away from me!” Jonghyun hurries off the couch, hiding behind the bedroom door to see what his boyfriend plans on doing with the offending little vial.

Taemin only smirks, screwing the top back on and setting the holy water on the coffee table before going into kitchen. Jonghyun stares at the little bottle, hurrying into the kitchen to grab the oven mitts and the prongs. Taemin watches with an amused smirk as Jonghyun moves his shirt above his nose and mouth, the oven mitts on his hands and the prongs moving to pick up the vial of holy water. Jonghyun takes the holy object over to the window quickly, tossing the vile water out into the street.

“Tell me what I did!” Jonghyun begs, but Taemin only laughs before going into the bedroom to close the door in Jonghyun’s face.

Later in the day, Jonghyun knocks on the bedroom door, asking Taemin in a small voice is he wants to go to the fair that just came to town. Taemin surprisingly agrees, and soon the two are walking hand in hand the few blocks to the park. Taemin has an amused little smirk on his face, but Jonghyun thinks it’s just from all the crap the younger has put him through since yesterday.

“Let’s go in here, Jonghyun!” Taemin pulls the older into the colorful looking attraction, and Jonghyun doesn’t catch the name of this one before he’s being dragged inside.

Jonghyun is not amused.

The House of Mirrors.

“Taemin, I hate you.” Jonghyun says after a while, and he huffs as the younger ignores him.

Once they’re out of the extremely annoying attraction, Jonghyun pulls Taemin over to him when the younger tries to hurry away.

“Taemin, please, tell me what I did! I’m sorry that I upset you, but I can’t make it up to you if you don’t tell me!” Jonghyun pleads, and he knows he really screwed up when he sees tears prickling in Taemin’s eyes.

“I’ve told you a thousand times that I don’t like it when you talk to Kibum.” Taemin seethes, and he lets out an annoyed breath to try to make the tears go away.

Jonghyun’s confused for a moment, wondering why Kibum has anything to do with this, but then he remembers talking to the other vampire at the party he took Taemin to the other night. He pulls Taemin close to him, kissing his neck, and smirking.

“Kibum’s just a friend now, Taemin. I don’t like him like that, not at all, not anymore. Because I have you, and you’re all I need.” Jonghyun twirls Taemin’s hair in his fingers, laughing when Taemin pouts at him.

“I still don’t want you talking to him. He says horrible things to me, you know. I don’t want you anywhere near him.” Taemin tells his boyfriend, wrapping his arms around Jonghyun’s back.

“What does he say to you?” Jonghyun pulls his head back to look Taemin in the eyes.

Taemin blushes lightly, looking down at Jonghyun’s chest.

“He says he’s going to take you back, that you’re going to make me your pet when you get back with him, that you’re just using me so I can be your blood bag when you two get back together.” Taemin lets out a shaky breath, laying his head on Jonghyun’s shoulder, “Please tell me that isn’t true, Jonghyun. Please, because I love you, and I don’t want to be some scummy vampire’s pet.”

“It’s not true at all,” Jonghyun growls, his fangs coming out, “He’s a bastard for even thinking something like that. I love you, Taemin. I love you, and I would never do something like that to you.”

“Good, ‘cause I’d kill you if you even tried.” Taemin smirks, looking up and kissing Jonghyun’s chin.

“I’ll stop talking to him, I promise I will.” Jonghyun tells him, and Taemin nods.

“Good.” Taemin smiles, his tongue running across his teeth as he moves to kiss Jonghyun’s lips, the older’s fangs poking at his lips.

Jonghyun moves his lips to kiss a trail up Taemin’s jaw, and he whispers in Taemin’s ear, “Can I…?”

Taemin laughs lightly, “Yeah, just not a lot, ; we came to this dumb fair, and I wanna have fun before you drain me for the day.”

Jonghyun moves to at Taemin’s neck, kissing the tender flesh before he sinks his teeth in, in the blood that comes trickling out. Taemin lets out a small moan, but they both have to be as discreet as possible while in public. They try to look like any other couple making out behind the House of Mirrors, not like a vampire and a human getting off from the blood being from Taemin’s neck.

Jonghyun stops after a short while, up the last trace of blood with his tongue before he smirks at Taemin. The boy’s eyes are closed, his mouth partially open with his head tilted back. His expression is one of bliss and pleasure, and Jonghyun can’t help but chuckle, because Taemin gets off on it more than Jonghyun does.

“Slow ride first, babe?” Jonghyun questions, and Taemin wipes the small trace of blood from Jonghyun’s lips with his thumb before he takes Jonghyun’s hand in his.

“Definitely.” Taemin agrees, his head spinning slightly as they walk to the ferris wheel.

Ten minutes later, Taemin is laughing wildly as he rocks their seat back and forth, Jonghyun holding onto him for dear life and practically screaming Taemin’s ear off.

“You’re a vampire; the undead, the walking dead, the nightmare of children and grown adults alike, and you’re afraid of me rocking the ferris wheel?” Taemin laughs, “You can’t even die if we fall! I should be the one who’s scared, not you!”

“ you, Taemin!” Jonghyun screeches, closing his eyes and gripping Taemin’s arm tighter.

“Not until we get home; we don’t wanna traumatize the children, Jonghyun.” Taemin says in a know-it-all tone of voice, motioning at the preteens in the seat in below them.

Jonghyun growls before he quickly captures Taemin’s lips in his, because he figures the only way to distract the younger from rocking the seat like the little hoodlum he is, is to make out with the little while they’re at the very top of the ferris wheel.

Taemin doesn’t complain. In fact, that was his goal from the moment they got on the ride.