Ch. 2

My Kittens

Today was the day.  Finally, after 2 years, 3 if you count the pregnancy, he was going to be able to see his children.  The children that he had been wishing for since he had seen her.  However, he didn't know that they would be expecting them so soon.  Or expecting them at all.  Sarang had told him her true feelings, but not everything.

 

I was really nervous, she didn't know I was here.  Didn't know that I was coming or that I know.  The onlly thing I hope is that she won't lie and say that the baby is not mine.  I know that little girl is mine.  I know it, I can feel it.  And that's why I'm the one who is knocking, not HakYeon, who had insisted on coming along as a mediator between us.  We waited patiently, although I was ready to start pounding on the door.  And then it opened, revealing the most wonderful sight that I had only dreamed of: The mother of my unborn daughter.

Before she could say anything, I pulled her into a hard kiss.  A hard and desperate kiss that she was not responding to .  I wrapped my arms around her, resting my chin on her head and let her warmth comfort me.  But as soon as I took in her scent, she pushed me off.  Her eyes stared at me hard, I couldn't tell what she was thinking.  The deeper I looked into her eyes, the more I got lost.

"My water broke."

"What?"

"My water broke," she says in Korean this time.

Oh Heaven.  She's coming!  My Princess is coming!

Sarang leaves me at the door and calls for her mother and I don't know what was going on until HakYeon pulls me inside and into a room.  When did he go in?  Nest thing I know, I see Sarang on the floor, her mother kneeling between her legs.  Then it hits me.  Sarang will be having our daughter right here, right now.  HakYeon had stopped pushing me now and I was able to kneel next to her and hold her hand.

"I'm here."

 

I can't believe that was over 2 years ago.  It was both a sad and happy memory.  I hope that she sees it like that as well.  And in memory of that day, I gave her a close replica of what she had been wearing that day for her and the children to wear later today.  I hope she remembers.  Just like I remember that My Princess was not coming alone that day 2 years ago.

 

She slaps my hand away and stares coldly at me.

"I don't need you here."

How could she break my heart like that?  She hadn't told me she was pregnant with my daughter the day she left Korea, she hadn't even told me that she was leaving.  I wonder, if I hadn't asked HakYeon to arrange a meeting between us, would I had ever known that she had left?  And now that I just found out that she's pregnant, she says she doesn't need me?  How am I supposed to react to that?

"Why didn't you tell me?"

 

HakYeon had come to me just 3 days ago, asking for my forgiveness.  I hadn't understood then, but once he broke down, I couldn't contain my anger.  He had known that Sarang was having my child since 3 months ago?  How could my close friend betray me like that?  But he was able to calm me down, saying that he had asked our CEO for 2 months vacation so that I could think what to do next.

Of course, once I heard that I left to pack and had a talk with the CEO.  He was mad no doubt, saying that he knew what had happened between Sarang and me, that she herself had told him.

"She called me about 5 months ago, warning me about any possible rumors or scandals."

"But it's my daughter we are talking about!  We have to make a press conference so people won't go against Sarang!  I have to let the fans know that I"ll be having a daughter and that she's a blessing, not a mistake.  I have to tell them."

"Sarang told me that if this happened and you somehow found out, to tell you that the child is not yours, that the rumors are lies and that she's getting married to the father of her baby once it's born.  She said she doesn't want you in her life or in her child's life."

That had hit me really hard.  She didn't want me.  Worse, though, she refused to admit that the child was mine.

"How could she say that?  That My Princess is not mine?  How can she want My Princess not to know her father?"

And I left on the first plane the next day.

 

"Do you hear yourself?  You're making it seem as if I owe you something.  As if we are together, when we are not.  Now please leave.  My boyfriend will not want you here."

"Your boyfriend shouldn't be at my child's birth, I am the father after all."

I don't know if saying that made her realize that she couldn't lie to me or if she felt guilty, but she didn't fight me.  She allowed me to stay with her without a fight.

"Thank you." 

She looked at me confused.

"For not lying about the baby being mine.  And for giving my My Princess,"  I answered her as I kissed her hand.

She squeezed my hand then, her mother spreading Sarang's legs wider.

"Who said it's a girl?" she grinned.

"We're having a son?  It's a boy?!"

I wasn't expecting to have a son, I had always imagined a daughter as my first child.  But a little 'me' was an exciting feeling.

Her mother's voice breaks my thoughts and I see her frantically making hand signals and making weird breathing sounds.

"He's coming," Sarang informs me.

She keeps a strong hold on my hand and it hurts.  It hurts so much, but I can't even begin to imagine how much it hurts her, so I let go of her hand and move to a better place.  I raise her head from the pile of pillows and put it on my lap, so she can be raised a little more and I prepare myself for the pain as I give her both my hands to hold as another push is needed.

Her breaths are deep and that makes me calm, she's doing great and I tell her so.

"Just a little bit more and we'll be hugging our baby," I tell her.

And she gives me a beautiful smile once she hears the cries of our baby.

"It's a boy," is what I understand Sarang's mother say.

I have a son!!  I'm a father!  It's the most won----

Sarang squeezes my hands really hard, too hard in fact, that it makes me scream.  Her mother starts screaming something and Sarang's father runs through the door with blankets, throws them on the floor next to his wife and takes my son to another room.

"Sarang, what's happening?  Where's your father taking our son?"

"I don't know, I don't know.  It hurts, it still hurts."

Her mother looks anxious, making me more worried than I already was.  My herat was beating rapidly, I even started to sweat.  But what Sarang said next made my heart stop.

"Baby."

 

I couldn't believe that I had gotten so lucky to have two babies at once, much less triplets.  And now 2 years had passed, they have grown up.  I hadn't seen my children in 2 years!  But finally I was going to be able to hold them, not just see thm in pictures with their mother, but be able to hug them and kiss them and tell them how much I love them.

 

I stayed with Sarang for a month, although all I wanted was to stay by their side forever.  That month, I learned how precious she was.  I hadn't known her for too long before we conceived the triplets, but I know I liked her, that she was someone I cold see myself with in the future.  Now I could see why I liked her.  Even though she was a mother now, she still took care of her sisters, she still helped with their homework and helped with the house.  She made time for everyone, no matter how tired she was and still adored the triplets beyond any other mother could in her situation.

The month was almost up when I saw them on the living room floor napping.  I took out my phone and quickly snapped a picture.  They looked so peaceful.  HakYeon had helped me take a picture with them as well.  Sarang on the left, me on the right, and our babies between us.  Whenever Saran felt one of the triplets stir, she would immediately wake up and check on them, then g o back to sleep until it happened again.

It gave me a feeling of pride and adoration.  This wonderful angel was my children's mother, my----

Sarang was my what?  We never dated, we never talked about out relationship.  What were we?  I have to have this answered before I leave.  So the next day, I asked her to talk for a moment with me while HakYeon and her sisters watched over our babies.

"So what do you want to talk about?"

"Us. We need to talk about us.  What----?"

"No.  There is no 'us.'  You are the father of my children and I'm the mother of your children.  We are the parents of the triplets, that is all there is between 'us.'"

She left me speechless, but before she could leave, I started again.

"Why can't we be more?  We had them for a reason or else you wouldn't have been pregnant.  I always knew I was missing something when you left.  Please," I asked her.  "Be with me."

He silence was like poison, sipping in little by little, killing me slowly.  But her eyes and voice softened.

"You know very well that I can't.  I can't be in your life, we can't be in your life.  I'm sorry."

Is that why she had left?  Is that why she hadn't told me?

"Is that why?"

Tears starting to form on her eyes were my answer.

"I want to be with you.  I want to our children.  Why can't you let me?!"

"It's not me who is not letting you!"

She stood up and turned to leave.

"They are your children too, but I won't allow any harm to come to them because of you.  All I can do is send you pictures or videos, tell you how they are doing, even visiting while you all are in the States, but I would rather not risk people knowing about them or harming them.  Don't tell anyone you are a father.  You can tell the CEO, VIXX, and your family, if you're not too ashamed."

 

That's how things ended 2 years ago and all this time all I've had are pictures and videos, sometimes I'm lucky and I talk to them online while HakYeon talks with Sarang.  But sitting here waiting for them feels so much like the day they were born, nervous but excited.  My family couldn't wait to meet them, they were waiting back home.  And as the minutes fly by and the time for our meeting comes closer, I become more nervous.

Soft voices and laughs make me look up and there my children are, running in circles excited to see the beach.

My smile fades, however, when I see Sarang's face.

 

Sorry for the long time I had not updated.  This is a mix of flashback with more flashback and some thoughts as the story continues in the present.  Gonna try to update as soon as I can. See you again~