I

Beyond The Edge


 


The class bell rang at approximately 3PM, signaling the end of school and the start of summer vacation. Sehun watched as everyone sprinted out of the class, none saying goodbye to the teacher that tried giving everyone kind smiles and holiday wishes. He shook his head at the pitiful teacher as he continued to pack his bags. The caramel haired boy preferred to leave last, knowing the hallways would be crowded with screaming students or simply those who were wishing to make their way home.

" Yes, Soojung? " Sehun heard his teacher exclaimed from the front of the class. He lifted his head to meet the sight of Jung Soojung bowing her head at the teacher as she whispered a faint, " Thank you, Miss Im. Have a great holiday. " The korean male noticed the change in his teacher's expression. Instead of her usual nervous smile, she had a bright grin plastered across her face as she replied her student with glee, " Thank you, honey. You too! " Sehun watched as the girl with the tight black bun and cold eyes disappear from his sight.

The moment Sehun stepped out into the hallways, it was already empty. He noticed a few other students who lingered by their lockers, simply shoving books into their bags or tossing out the trash. He was glad he had already done his locker cleaning before his last class started. The caramel haired boy his heel and made his way toward the entrance, praying in his head that a certain too clingy female from his advanced literature class had already gone home. " Sehun! " A voice squealed and he stopped in his tracks, gritting his teeth in frustration as he ran a hand through his hair, god wasn't on his side. " I will miss you so much! Do you think we could hang out during summer vacation? " A petite girl appeared beside him, all smiles and giggles. She was known as Hwang Jangmi or simply Oh Sehun's most obsessed fan girl. 

The korean male pried his arm away from her grip and gave the girl an awkward smile as he replied her question. " I will be in the States during summer vacation. " Jangmi pouted, crossing her arms as she eyed the male with suspicion. " The whole summer? " He nodded, although it was only a month and a half but she didn't need to know that. " You're always traveling, we never get to hang out. " She sighed, the pout still visible on her face. Sehun resisted the urge to roll his eyes and gave her a sheepish smile in replace. " Maybe next time. " He mumbled, knowing that there will never be a next time but the smile was soon back on her face and he took this as a chance to leave and so, he did. 

 

" You told her what my last class was, didn't you? " Sehun hissed, tossing his backpack at his best friend who laughed in glee. Jongin caught the backpack with ease, setting it down beside his feet. " Maybe. " The grin plastered across his face had told Sehun that the dark haired male had done it. " You asshat. " Sehun muttered, dropping onto the seat beside the other. " She asked and I thought I'd be a kind soul before the semester ends. " Jongin replied teasingly. 

" Where are you going this time? " His best friend asked, bringing the straw to his lip but missing by an inch, causing it to enter his nostrils. Sehun cringed in disgust as Jongin guffawed before attempting to take a sip from his drink again. " That's gross, " The caramel haired boy muttered before answering him, " California. " The other raised his eyebrow, watching his best friend fumble with the phone in his hands. " You don't seem very excited. " Sehun sighed and leaned back against the couch, " That's because I'm not. I'm going alone this time. " That was all Jongin needed to know before he offered to travel with his best friend. " Don't be stupid. You've been talking about the trip to Japan since two months ago. " He rejected the offer with a grin, holding up his fist. Jongin bumped fists with Sehun and chuckled, " If you say so but hey, that's what friends are for. "

 

Sehun sat on one of the benches, his rucksack resting beside his feet as he waited for the speakers to notify the departure of the 1AM airplane to California. It was the first time for him to travel alone but for the umpteenth time, he had seen the kind yet sophisticated flight attendants and sat on the uncomfortable seats, eating airplane food. He wasn't nervous and he wasn't scared, he simply could not care. He had spent three days of his summer holiday in Seoul, along with Jongin who had left for Japan earlier at noon. They had spent their first three days together, fooling around and being themselves. Jongin was excited about his trip but to Sehun, his trip was a whole different story. The caramel haired boy glanced out of the wall made out of windows and sighed. Finally, he stood up and picked up his rucksack. Next stop, California.

It was shining brightly, a little too brightly, the moment Sehun walked out of the airport. He squinted his eyes and pulled off his jacket, stuffing it into his rucksack before stretching his numb limbs. He had managed to grab a taxi and checked into his hotel in less than two hours which was a new record. He got everything done faster without his parents. Sliding the door to his hotel room's balcony open, he stepped out and stared at the waves. There were people around the beach, screaming and laughing yet at the same time, it was calming. The sun was already setting when he had finally snapped out of his thoughts. Lifting the polaroid camera to his eyesight, he took a picture of the sunset and smiled for the first time that day. Slipping the polaroid into his back pocket, his eyes caught a familiar looking figure walking toward the beach. 

Her blonde hair glimmered beneath the sun and her sun dress hugged her figure perfectly. The moment she spun around and he caught her dark blue eyes, Sehun thought he was hallucinating. He had just seen Jung Soojung in California, with blonde hair and blue eyes that weren't there four days ago. 

 


wow wow wow!
before i even post my first chapter, 
more than 20 subscribers. 
im truly impressed and very touched as well. 
i want to thank you all,
for giving this fanfic a chance. 

all questions are welcomed, 
just comment in the comment section below and
tell me what you all think of the first chapter. 

also i'll have to say that i wont be updating frequently.
but i shall try my best. 

have a good day.
18o914.