2 || Mental BR

Quarterback (HQ Review Shops Directory) + MSG to Reviewers

So mentally capable they'll break it down.

+ 2 || Mental Breakdown Reviews

LINK

Pioneer: yeolwho05

Country of Origin: Philippines

Date Founded: April 5, 2014

+ Stories Reviewed to date: 315

Status: Busy (as of September 15, 2014)

 

Specialties

      Character Specialty: unspecified but it can be assumed that they accept any characters, idol or original

      Genre Specialty: generally anything if all reviewers are considered

      Genre Limitation: none

 

Reviewers

      Number: 23 (15 Available)

      + Credibility: More than a third of this shop are relatively beginners in the reviewing business (less than a month), but being a beginner won't matter as long as your client knows you are doing your job with commitment and modesty. This number is outweighed by reviewers who have been in the business for more than half a year. In the owner's case, she has been reviewing for around seven (7) months. One of them is literally a proofreader-editor in person, while another one gained aptitude in reviewing for doing the practice in Goodreads and Amazon, and another in Tumblr.

 

How's the review?

You will be astounded as to how organized their reviewers lay out the reviews. You can observe that each review has been done in focus after you see how detailed it is. Their reviews are objectively and constructively written. They give humbly composed feedback starting from the title, to the graphics, down to the description and foreword. And just like how the shop's name goes, they thoroughly break down the characterization, the plot, and consistency or flow of the piece. Just like the previous shop, they provide graded or non-graded reviews as requested. One of the add-ons in the score is the reader's response. Writing stories for readers is like giving a show, so I think they are also assessing the story's impact on the audience, but this is quite problematic since viewing stories as a reader and as a writer is fairly different. For instance, what is aesthetically and brilliantly written in that writer's perspective may not be as attractive from another reader's view since it's really a matter of preference or mood. (e.g. you just had a long day at school and work and you're craving for comedic pieces, of course, you will not camp in the angst section so how will you discover that piece). Just like how laughter is contagious, so is reader's response, but I really like the reviewers here for showing spine in convicting whether the piece is enjoyable for them or not regardless of the reader's response. Nevertheless, the content of the piece is more important. Their reviews are modestly done, and rude is not a description the tiniest bit. And of course, they also add points for personal enjoyment though it's subjective generally, but this won't be a problem if your story has that X factor for readers to enjoy whether it's comedy, horror, or angst and the like.

 

How quick is the review published?

Though their reviewers have different reviewing pace, a span of two weeks is allotted as waiting allowance at minimum.

 

Conditions

Subscription is a must. Upvotes are optional but loved. (Visit their shop for more.)

 

Payment for Review

Free of charge

 

Additional Remarks

They offer an additional service of beta-reading by willing users so you can avail of it if ever you feel the need to.

 

Recommendability to Review Seekers

Highly recommended