takeout.

paid in full.

Chanyeol's heart was racing as he dragged a few of his suitcases down the hallway. Sehun and Jongin were trying to keep up with him (trying as in sort of taking bags up in the elevator, sort of making out for extended periods of time in between floors).

Basically, Chanyeol was on his own. 

He stopped in front of the apartment he'd be staying in for a month and knocked sharply on the door. A muffled "Coming!" was heard before the door was flung open. Chanyeol glanced down at Kyungsoo, who was half-smiling up at him.

"Uh, hi." Chanyeol said and Kyungsoo made space so that Chanyeol could carry his things inside. Before Chanyeol took more than three steps in, he took off his shoes and placed them gently next to the ones already by the door, which he assumed were Kyungsoo's. Kyungsoo gave a polite nod of thanks and showed Chanyeol to his room, occasionally pointing out objects of interest.

"And this is your room." Kyungsoo pushed open a door to reveal Chanyeol's room. It was clean and bright and Chanyeol liked it a lot. 

"I like it a lot." 

"Good, I would hope so." Kyungsoo chuckled and left Chanyeol to begin unpacking. Not even five minutes later, Kyungsoo was calling Chanyeol's name.

"There are some movers here for you." Kyungsoo gestured to the door where Sehun and Jongin stood.

"Yeah, Chanyeol, we're your movers." Jongin giggled and Sehun gave his a tap before moving to push him in.

"NO, WAIT!" Chanyeol practically shrieked. "Take your shoes off first!"

"Um," Sehun said, but Chanyeol only glared. "You're a piece of work." He muttered after taking off his shoes.

The couple dragged Chanyeol's things into his room, while Chanyeol let out a relieved sigh, glancing over at Kyungsoo after catching his breath.

He was smiling at Chanyeol.

 


 

"Do you like takeout?"

"Oh, um, sure." Chanyeol said, opening his door a bit farther so that Kyungsoo could hear him. He had almost finished hanging up all his posters. It had taken him a few hours to get settled into his room, but it was shaping up quite nicely. It had gotten dark in the past hour or so, and Chanyeol noticed that the moon was visible from his window. He shut the door in order to change into some sweatpants and a t-shirt and flopped down onto his bed, playing some games on his not iphone phone

He must have fallen asleep because he woke up to Kyungsoo shaking his arm.

"Sorry to come in like this, but the knocking didn't work." Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows. "You must be tired." 

"Ah," Chanyeol yawned, "I am a bit, yes. Can I help you with anything?"

"Hm, you could help me eat the food that's just arrived?" Kyungsoo backed up a bit and let Chanyeol get off the bed.

"Oh, I completely forgot!" He stood up, towering a good five or six inches over Kyungsoo.

"I would be happy to help." He smiled, and Kyungsoo smiled back. Why did he keep smiling like that?

 


 

Before he knew it, Chanyeol had spent a week living with Kyungsoo. It felt like so much longer though because they talked so easily, more than Chanyeol anticipated they would. In fact, he had turned down Sehun and Jongin's offer to go clubbing with them in favor of staying in and watching television with Kyungsoo.

"I'm pretty lame. This is usually all I do on Friday nights." Kyungsoo had laughed, stretching his legs out on the couch. There was still room at the end of it, but Chanyeol stopped himself and sat in the chair diagonal to the couch instead. 

"What, watch dramas all night til' you fall asleep on the couch?"

"Yes, basically." 

"It's not lame, it's..." Chanyeol searched for the right word. He got caught up again in Kyungsoo's appearance once again. His hair was just a bit ruffled, and his eyes were slow and sleepy, pretty. His pajama pants were adorable, and they looked really nice on his . Not that Chanyeol had been looking. Totally not.

"Comfortable." He settled on. "It feels like a home here."

"Even with all my rules?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Even with all your rules."

"Maybe I should add more." Kyungsoo grinned teasingly, and Chanyeol thought he really wouldn't mind.

"I dare you."

 


 

a/n: yay another short update maybe things will happen next chapter, but i need 2 establish a setting and lame stuff like that ok bhe y