What's So Special?

What's So Special?

I've always wondered. What is so special about your "first kiss"? Why does everyone make a big deal about it? Is it special because of who you have it with? Or is it because of how you have it? Or is it because it's just your first one? 

So this thought made me ask myself the type of question girls ask each other at slumber parties as they giggle to themselves while they fantasize about their "first kiss fantasy" 
Who will I have my first kiss with? Or better yet. How will my first kiss play out? 

Will he randomly kiss me as we are hanging out at his house, watching a movie? Having my mind focused on the movie until I accidently touch his hand while trying to grab a piece of popcorn. As I turn around to look into his direction, I end up looking straight into his eyes. Suddenly, we both glance at each others lips knowing we both want it badly. But we end up chickening out and continue watching the movie as the awkward atmosphere washes over us. Yeah, scratch that.. 

Or will it be like one of those cliche yet dramatic kiss in the rain scenes like the ones in a kdrama? We end up having a pointless fight in the middle of the street and then out of no where, mother nature decides to let out all her tears on top of us. My eyes well up with tears, so I try running away in the opposite direction. But of course, he doesn't let me, so he grabs my wrist preventing me from running. He turns me around and cups my face while saying something cheesy like, "Stop trying to run away from me when I love you." And then he locks his lips with mine. Wait, umm.. Wouldn't we have gotten run over by now?

Oh! Or what if we are doing community service for our school, so we are both alone in the classroom. We both joke around with each other which leads to us chasing each other around the oddly small room. Then, we trip over something we wouldn't usually trip over like a textbook. And we both fall, making our lips accidently touch. 
Well, that wouldn't happen because the school doesn't even make the students do community service. 

Oh, oh! What if we are about to take a selca together and then he randomly calls my name? When I turn to ask him what he wanted, our lips meet because that was his plan all along. But what would make him want to kiss me?

Or what if he actually likes me? He pulls me aside to confess his love for me then, before I know it, he pulls me into a passionate kiss.

 Now that thought made me burst out laughing. Until I remembered that I was still in math class sitting in my chair while my mind started drifting off when I was suppose to be working on these 20 equations. 
"JUNG EUN MI, ARE YOU DOING MATH?!" 
Oh, so Ms. Won is trying to sass me, huh? 
"Yeah, I'm on the last problem," I replied as I picked up my pencil to continue working out the problem. 
When she finally turns around out of embarassment, I stick out my tongue. 
"Heh, serves you right."

And then I notice him chuckling from across the classroom. 

When I look towards his direction, he smiles the most beautiful smile I have ever seen at me. My heart starts beating, so I turn away before he could see me blushing. 

I think I finally understand. Understand why first kisses are so special. 
It's funny how some people already had their first kiss. 
Well, me. I'm saving it for a special someone.