Onion Tears

A Lightning Picture

There was a knock on the door of Kangin’s apartment.

"I’ll get it.” Sungmin said. He opened the door, which revealed…

A demanding tone from Eeteuk. “Who are you?”

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking that?” Sungmin raised an eyebrow.

“Who is it?” Kangin paused as he noticed Eeteuk by the door. “Sungmin, could you go buy some vegetables for chopsuey?”

Sungmin knew that Kangin was actually asking him to leave. “Okay.” He gave Kangin a You-better-explain-later look before taking a quick glance at Eeteuk and leaving.

“Isn’t he too young for you?” Eeteuk asked as soon as Sungmin got inside the elevator.

“Yeah. He’s only a senior high school student. What brings you here?”

“Aren’t you going to let me in?”

Kangin shrugged and walked towards the living room. Eeteuk invited himself in and followed Kangin towards the living room. “I’ll ask again. What brings you here?” Kangin took a sit on the couch.

“I want you back, Kangin.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Eeteuk saw Sungmin standing right outside the door when he was going to leave the apartment. Sungmin had his head low but he momentarily took a glace at Eeteuk before going inside the apartment and closing the door gently. Eeteuk noticed that Sungmin’s eyes had tears threatening to fall.

Sungmin saw that Kangin had his eyes closed while sitting and head resting against the back of the couch. “Is he Eeteuk? I don’t think you’ll let anyone kiss you like that unless it’s him.”

That caught Kangin’s attention as he snapped his eyes open and looked at Sungmin. “You were eavesdropping?”

“No. I just went in and saw you making out so I had to go out again and wait for him to come out. I didn‘t listen to your conversation. I gave you privacy.” Sungmin knew about Eeteuk being Kangin’s ex-boyfriend/lover but he never knew how Eeteuk looked like because Kangin claimed to have deleted or burn the pictures.

“Listen. That kiss isn’t what you think it is…” Kangin stood up and approached Sungmin.

“There’s no need for you to explain. I’m not your boyfriend and we’re not a couple. What you do is none of my business.” It’s only been 2 months since they met. They dated a couple of times but mostly, they were busy with their own lives. Kangin is busy with his career while Sungmin is busy studying to graduate and get into his wanted college. Sungmin just tends to sleep and hang-out at Kangin’s apartment sometimes because it’s nearer to his school.

“Don’t pretend to act tough. You’re too cute for that.” Kangin lifted Sungmin’s chin. “And you look like your about to cry.”

“I’m not going to cry.” Sungmin bit his bottom lip and really looked like he was going to cry. “I like you but I guess 2 months is too short for you to like me back.” He whispered and swatted Kangin’s hand away. He proceeded to the kitchen and washed the vegetables he bought.

Kangin followed Sungmin in the kitchen but he only leaned against the dinning table and watched Sungmin’s back for a while until he heard a sniff. “You’re crying.”

“I’m not.” The voice was cracking up a bit.

“You are.”

“I’m not.” Another sniff.

Kangin can’t help but smile but Sungmin’s stubbornness. He hugged Sungmin from behind and rested his chin on the teenager’s shoulder. “You’re crying.” He could see a trail that the tear left on Sungmin’s cheek.

“It’s because of the onion.”

Kangin looked at the vegetable on Sungmin’s hand. “You’re slicing a carrot.” He pointed out and chuckled. “You’re really adorable.” He kissed the wet cheek.

“We’ll still be friends, right? Even if you get back together with Eeteuk…”

Kangin took the knife from Sungmin and placed it on the table before turning Sungmin around. “Look at me.” He waited for Sungmin’s head to lift up and Sungmin’s eyes to stare at him. “When Eeteuk said he wants me back, I could only think of you. If I went back to him, will you cry? Will you end our friendship? Will you still speak to me? Will you still smile at me? Will you still be cute towards me? Will you still give me those affectionate kisses?”

Those affectionate kisses were simply a kiss placed on the cheek or forehead and on the lips once when Sungmin was being mischievous. “I bet those kisses were nothing compared to Eeteuk’s.” Sungmin remarked.

Kangin slammed his hand on the counter beside Sungmin, which made Sungmin flinched at the sound. “Stop making those stupid comments. Do you know why I never allow a kiss between us to happen more than 2 seconds?”

“Because you don’t like me?”

“No, it’s because…”

“I hope you’re not thinking that I must be horrible kisser.”

“Sungmin…” A warning tone.

“Okay, okay. I’m shutting up.” Sungmin made a zipping movement on his mouth.

Kangin sighed. “You know, you’re really cute. Close your mouth and don’t talk.” He instantly said when he saw Sungmin about to reply. “I thought of you as a cute little brother.” He started to wipe the dried tears on Sungmin’s cheeks. “You were fun to be with although annoying sometimes. But then, you showed your gentle and caring side. I started to feel different. I try to ignore this feeling but it was easier to erase the cute little brother thought and replace it with boyfriend or a lover.”

“What about Eeteuk?”

“He kissed me first and the kiss just confirmed that I don’t have feelings for him anymore. This time I want to confirm something else.” Kangin took Sungmin’s hand and placed it on his chest. “I want you to feel my heartbeat while we do this.” His lips brushed lightly against Sungmin’s before taking Sungmin’s bottom lip in his mouth, it.

Sungmin gasped and felt Kangin’s tongue enter at that moment. He also felt Kangin’s heart beat erratically under his palm and Kangin’s hands slide inside his shirt. They forgot about dinner and simply moved their activities in the bedroom.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The sunlight hit on Sungmin’s face so Sungmin tried to bury his head on Kangin’s chest. Kangin woke up because of Sungmin’s movement. His eyes landed on the clock. He’s definitely late for work. He should panic but he couldn’t bring himself to worry about work. He just felt too contented and comfortable in bed with Sungmin. “You’re late for school.”

“I’m not going to school. My body ache all over.” Sungmin replied and looked up at Kangin with sleepy eyes. “Are you going to work?”

“No. I’ll take care of you today. After all, it’s my fault that your body ache all over.” Kangin smirked.
Before Sungmin could reply, Kangin was already kissing him. This made Sungmin fully awake and started to kiss back.

“You still didn’t tell me why you wouldn’t allow us to make out back then.” Sungmin said when they broke apart.

“Because I wasn’t sure of my feelings back then.”

“You said there’s something you want to confirm something last night.”

“I confirmed my feelings for you. You said you like me but I love you. Can you deal with that?”
 
“Definitely.” Sungmin pulled Kangin for another kiss. “And I love you too.”

THE END

A/N:  It's my OTP so it just HAD to be a happy ending.  HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Comments please?