final.

Stay Close, Don't Go

Irene is awkward with strangers. She doesn’t even know what to say to the girl – who apparently is a few years her senior and yet younger, standing right next to her in the same elevator.

How she wished that Seulgi is there right now. At least the latter would be able to cook up a conversation with the equally awkward girl, Jung Soojung or better known as Krystal. The two of them are friends as far as Irene knows.

Irene silently prayed for them to get to the top floor as quick as they could, glaring at the floor numbers that was displayed in hope that her glare would somehow work to make them arrive faster but something unfortunate instead happened.

Just a few floors away before they get to reach the top, the elevator suddenly came to a halt and the lights that were illuminating the place slowly went out one by one.

It was then it struck to her, that there’s probably some sort of blackout going on right now. Or it was just probably their lift acting up. Either way, it still means that she’s stuck with Krystal.

Irene went on and tried to press the emergency button for help but to her dismay, she got no reply in return.

Well, at least there’s some light coming from the emergency light, she thought before sighing.

“SM has got to make better facilities for their artists,” Irene muttered to herself and silently cursed for leaving her phone at the practice room.

She could’ve called her members for help if her phone was there with her.

Irene slowly looked over to Krystal, in hope that the younger girl would have her phone with her but judging from the stare that Krystal was giving her, she was in the same situation as Irene is.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t bring my phone with me,” Krystal smiled sheepishly, as if she could read Irene’s mind and Irene just shook her head in response, returning the smile that was given to her.

“It’s fine, I guess we just have to wait for someone to rescue us,” Irene twiddled with the ring on her finger, nervous with the fact that Krystal had actually initiated a conversation with her.

“You’re right,” Krystal chuckled. All the awkwardness in the lift earlier was slowly starting to evaporate away and for some reason, Krystal is starting to find Irene intriguing now that she’s taking a closer look at her.

She really does look like Tiffany and Taeyeon’s lovechild.

Her thoughts was soon interrupted when Irene finally spoke up once again, and the girl could not get any more adorable as she squirmed on spot, trying to find the right words to say to Krystal.

“Uhm, I’m sorry for all the awkwardness earlier. As you can see I’m not very good with handling strangers…” she mumbled.

“Hey, you don’t have to apologize. I’m awkward too you know,” Krystal chuckled once again, finding it amusing that a 24 year old could be so cute. There is also her sister, who is older than Irene is but Krystal had decided to not classify her sister as cute after witnessing the way Jessica sleeps.

-

It turns out that the two of them has a lot of similarities after spending around half an hour long talking with each other. The two have the same music style, they share the same liking for food, and they even have the same perception on the netizens.

“Yeah, it gets tiring sometimes. But I like it though, my career,” Irene smiled and she didn’t even realized when she had moved to sitting next to Krystal, who on the other hand was hugging her knees like a child.

“That’s great then. It’s good to enjoy something that you do,” Krystal nodded and tried to stifle a yawn, her eyelids drooping slowly. She hadn’t been getting enough sleep with her busy filming schedules and now that she has nothing to do, her fatigue is starting to show.

“Do you want to borrow my shoulder for a while? I’ll wake you up when someone comes to help us,” Irene smiled and patted her shoulder to which Krystal took appreciatively.

“Thanks.”

Irene didn’t even know where it came from. The moment she saw Krystal was about to fall asleep, she just happens to offer her shoulder automatically.

Perhaps, the two of them could become good friends after this.

Or maybe, more.