Karma

Karma

"A bright smile is potentially the most dangerous smile; all secrets are hidden behind it and you can't see it." Minho rolled his eyes when Jonghyun looked at him with a confused look. "That was a quote from a movie - forget it, you won't understand even if I took the effort to explain it."

Kibum laughed at how annoyed Jonghyun looked that moment while he nodded in acknowledgment for Minho's words. Unusually, for the first time Kim Jonghyun was seriously in love with this person named Onew, and from his description this person had the prettiest smile ever. That was all to get Jonghyun to fall so deeply in love with Onew.

Jonghyun didn't have Onew's number, or any ways that he could contact the other. Their meetings were always coincidental - although Onew didn't look surprised at all, and sometimes Onew just know where to find him.

"Get his number the next time you see him, seriously." Kibum sighed as he leaned back onto the cushioned chair. "You are totally in love with a stranger, I don't feel safe about it. What did you two always talk about anyway, when you meet him? You can't possibly know nothing about him, right?"

Jonghyun scratched his cheek awkwardly as he drank his glass of water, thinking about the things they did when they met. That question really had Jonghyun thinking for so long; whenever they met they just-

"I guess it's time to find a new motel, Jonghyun." Onew chuckled as Jonghyun pushed him up against the cold wall, planting a trail of kisses from his collarbone to the spot behind his ear. "The people here are starting to recognize us, it's uncomfortable."

Jonghyun looked as Onew smiled at him - this man before him was a perfection, he thought as he moved to capture his perhaps-lover's lips, his hands pulling Onew's jacket off to the floor.


Kibum raised an eyebrow when Jonghyun suddenly got choked on the glass of water; face flushed. Minho could only sigh as he wiped the table dry of water that Jonghyun accidentally spilled when he got choked on his drink. Minho looked up when someone passed to a packet of tissues to Jonghyun, and he sighed when his friend choked again - this time just by swallowing his saliva. Kibum rolled his eyes in annoyance as he patted Jonghyun's back as his best-friend coughed so badly; his face full of surprise.

Onew?

"Kim Jonghyun, what's wrong with - and oh, Jinki, you are here!"

What?

"There was a traffic jam, I'm so sorry that I'm late." Jonghyun widened his eyes when he saw Onew conversing with Kibum like - oh, what the hell was going on? They knew each other? "... Jonghyun, why are you staring at me like that? Did you forget about me? I'm Jinki, remember? Your neighbor in the past?"

Jinki?

Jonghyun's jaw dropped.

"I couldn't recognize you," Minho had a small smile on his face as he stood up to give Jinki a hug, their childhood friend that had migrated to overseas twelve years ago - he was always a victim of Jonghyun's childish bullying and teasing. He could still remember how Jinki always cried to him and complained about how he hated Jonghyun when the other kicked his favorite yellow shoes into the river. "When did you come back? You changed so much,"

Jinki just smiled as he took the seat beside Jonghyun - he felt his throat getting dry and his back stiffening straight like a pole - oh , why was he being so nervous?

"Kim Jonghyun!" Kibum sighed as he hugged his crying friend, and glared at the other who was actually still gloating with smirk. "Stop bullying Jinki! Look, how is he going to go home if you threw his bag up the tree? His wallet is inside!"

"I reached the airport yesterday, I contacted Kibum this morning and he said that all of you will be here." Jinki smiled when he noticed the surprised look on Jonghyun. "I guess I've changed but - oh Jonghyun, it has been so long since I saw you! You are exactly the same!"

He really wanted to dig a huge hole and just live there forever when he saw On- Jinki's sarcastic smile. Did it meant that Onew, who he was so smitten with was Jinki that he had always made fun of, bullied and teased so badly when they were young - oh . He was really mean to Jinki, he almost made him cry everyday back then - , . Jonghyun nearly jumped when Jinki suddenly leaned close, whispering into his ear.

"You are still as rough as ever, aren't you?"

"Sorry, did it hurt?" Jonghyun apologized as he quickly sat up to check the other's bottom lip. He had accidentally bitten onto it when they fell onto the bed, lips locked together. It seemed like it really hurt from how Jinki cringed in pain the moment he tasted copper- ... Jinki.

Oh, . His life was so screwed.