Leaving

Leaving

“Hyung, where are we?” Jonghyun asked, his eyes looking around.

“I don’t know,” Onew answered. “Where do you think we are?”

Jonghyun didn’t reply. He was busy scanning his surrounding.

“Gimpo airport?” the younger said hesitantly.

“Oh.. Gimpo Airport. Yes, we are at Gimpo Airport.”

“Why are we here? Are we going to go to Japan? Do we have any schedule there tomorrow?”

“Maybe. Do you think we have?”

“We always go to Gimpo Airport when we will go to Japan. So, maybe yes, we have schedule.”

“Okay, we are at Gimpo airport and going to go to Japan because we have schedule.”

“But, what schedule hyung?”

“I don’t know. What is our up coming schedule in Japan? Do you remember?”

Jonghyun was thinking for a while. “Releasing our 3rd Japanese Album. But, that is in the end of this month.”

“Maybe we are going to fix something about it?”

Yeah, maybe, hyung.”

No one said something.

“Hyung, where are our members?” Jonghyun broke the silence.

“I don’t know. Don’t you know? Where are they?”

“Maybe Key is in the Toilet?”

“What about Taemin and Minho?”

“Taemin is always hungry. Perhaps, Miho is accompanying him in the cafeteria.”

“If you say so..”

“Hyung,”

“Hmmm..”

“Why didn’t you answer any questions from me? You kept asking me back and agreeing my answers.”

“Is that wrong?”

“Yes!!!” Jonghyun whined. “Usually, you are not like this. You always have any answer for any question. And, I only asked about SHINee and our members, but you only said ‘I don’t know’. You have to know, you are the leader.”

“You have to know the answers for those questions too, Jonghyun. You are the next leader,” Onew smiled in the end of his sentence.

“What? What did you say? You are the leader hyung, not me.”

“Yes, you are. When I am gone, you will be the leader.”

“What? Where are you going? It’s like you will disappear and not coming back.”

Onew smiled.

“Dont say something like that hyung. I dont like the thought you will leave me."

"Why?"

"Of course because i love you, because we are couple, because i don’t want to separate from you," jonghyun pouted.

Onew chuckled. "Nothing is lasting, Jonghyunnie. Everything has its end."

"What is it hyung? You are weird."

Onew laughed. "But, that is the truth. Everything has its end."

"Are you saying we are end? Don’t you love me anymore?"

"I didn’t say it. And no, you still own my love. Don’t ever doubt it."

"But, when i think back then, you never say 'i love you' to me hyung."

"Do i need to say it? Okay, i lo..."

"No no no! Don’t say it now."

"Why?"

"Emm... i think, it should be in very special day when finally you say i love you to me, like in our wedding, for example" Jonghyun grinned stupidly. "Right. You should say it in special moment. Then, i will be the most special and happiest man in this planet."

"Whatever you want, Hyunnie."

Jonghyun shifted closer to Onew in his seat. He placed his arms on the older waist and his head on his shoulder.

"I love you, hyung."

"I know."

"I really love you. I will do anything to be with you, forever, even that is stupid thing."

"Dont say 'forever'. You know i don’t believe in that word. 'As long as possible' is better." Onew rubbed jonghyun's right arm.

"Whatever, hyung. But, i mean my words. I really will do anything to be with you as long as possible. I don’t want to be apart from you."

"What if i die?"

"I will die with you."

"You won’t do it."

"I will."

"You love your family, you love your noona, and you have to lead SHINee when i die. So, you are not allowed to die with me."

"No. I don’t want to live without you, hyung. I am serious. I love soodam noona and my family, but i just will be a zombie and their burden when i lost you. Minho or Key will be better leader than me."

"You have to live for me."

"Why should i? Even you don’t live your life, why should i live for you. No. That's not fair."

Onew kissed Jonghyun forehead. The latter still laid his head on the older's shoulder.

"We will see when it comes."

 

"Hyung, i think it's weird."

"Why?"

"It's too quiet. Gimpo airport is always crowded. But, i don’t hear anything."

"It's because we are in private, special, and vip room."

"I don’t remember Gimpo airport has that kind of room."

As if answering jonghyun's doubt, he heard a lady's voice announcing the departure from Gimpo to Beijing.

"Oh... it's really Gimpo."

"Hm"

"But, i am still weird. I feel there is something off."

"Don’t think too much Jonghyunnie. Let's just enjoy our time."

 

"Jonghyunnie, promise me."

"What?"

"You will always live your life happily. You will keep your dreams and reach them. You will lead SHINee and make us as a group that SHINee World can be proud of."

"I will, as long as i am with you."

"Promise me even though you're not with me."

"I can’t."

"Yes you can. Promise me, and it'll be my special day. I never asked you to do something. It'll be the 1st and the last."

"No. You said it as if you'll leave me."

"No, i am not. You'll be the one who choose to stay with or leave me. I promise. I won’t leave you. I never leave you. Remember that."

"If i can choose, of course i'll stay with you."

"Just promise me you'll do what i asked you. Don’t make a choice before you know the options."

"Fine. I promise. And i know what i choose. No way i will leave you."

Onew moved a bit and pulled Jonghyun away from him. He looked at the younger in the eyes. He leaned in to capture the younger's lips. At 1st, it was just a quick kiss. But then, it became a deep and passionate kiss. The need of air made them broke their kiss.

"Jjongie,"

Jonghyun turned his head to the source of the voice. "Soodam noona? What are you doing here?"

"Come here. I need you. Noona needs her dongsaeng."

At the same time, the lady's voice that announced the departure before was heard again. This time, jonghyun didn’t know how but he knew that voice was announcing onew's flight departure.

When he wanted to stand up from his bench where he sat with onew, he felt a soft grab on his.

"You will leave me?" Onew asked.

"What? Of course not. I just want to come to soodam noona for a while to know what she needs from me."

"But i have to go know. My flight is going to depart. I don’t have time to wait for you."

"I'll catch you by the next flight, then. We'll meet at Haneda hours later."

"This is the last flight."

"Jjongie, help me," Soodam called.

"Hmm," Jonghyun was confused. He looked at onew, and then to soodam.

"Your choice, Jonghyunnie,"

"Hyung, i will take the 1st flight tomorrow morning. I will meet you tomorrow. I promise. Okay?"

"It's your choice. Like i said, you are the 1 who make the choice. And you choose to leave me."

"Hyung, it's not like that. I just can’t leave noona when she needs me. Besides, the other members haven’t showed up. I can’t leave them."

"I know. I am glad you choose what you have chosen." Onew smiled.

The 2 of them stood up. Onew took a step forward and pressed his forehead to Jonghyun's. "Remember, i love you. I always love you. Never doubt my love for you. I never leave you. Okay? Today is special for me. And it is because of you. Thank you, Jonghyunnie."

He kissed jonghyun's forehead, his eyes, his nose and lips. "Now, go to your noona. Take care of our members. Don’t forget your promise."

With that, Onew freed Jonghyun. Jonghyun didn’t say anything, he couldn’t say anything. He stepped backward while seeing onew disappeared, slowly but sure.

3

"...ho hyung, let's go. Kibum hyung is waiting."

"How about Jonghyun hyung? ..."

"... to funeral service.. come back.."

'What are they talking about? What funeral service? Who is dead?' Jonghyun wanted to open his eyes and asked those questions to these people. But, his eyes were too heavy to be opened.

"We can't leave him..."

'Oh, these people are worrying about me.' Jonghyun thought. He wanted to give a sign to them that he was okay, but he couldn't move.

"But, we'll come back here, Taeminnie."

"Yes, minho hyung. We will."

'Oh, they are Taemin and Minho,' Jonghyun said in his mind.

 

"Oh, Jjongie, you are awake?"

Jonghyun was greeted by his noona. "Noona,"

"Yes. I am here. How are you feeling, dear?"

"I can’t move my right hand,"

"It's okay. Doctor will treat it. Your right hand will be okay."

'Doctor? What is it? Where am i?' jonghyun asked himself.

"Where am i? What happened?"

"You are in hospital. You got a car accident. I'll call the doctor,"

Jonghyun stopped Soodam by grabbing her fingers. "Hyung.. Onew hyung. He protected and saved me when the accident happened. How is he?" Jonghyun remembered now.

He was on the way to Seoul with the others. All of a sudden, a truck cut their way. Their car hit that truck. He remembered Onew launched his body to him so that he was protected. The older covered Jonghyun's head with his upper body to shield him.

"How is Onew hyung? Is he hurt?" He repeated his question.

"No, he is not hurt. He is in a good and safe place. Don't worry," Soodam said.

"He is okay? Good. I wanna meet him, Noona."

"Not now. You still need to rest. I'll call the doctor."

"Wait. What about other members? How are they?"

"They are fine. They just got minor injury. They are at onew's place now. They are with him." Soodam combed jonghyun's hair. "I'll call the doctor now."

 

"I am glad you are awake, jonghyun hyung," Minho uttered.

"You have to recover fast, hyung," the youngest added.

"I will, Tae. How is your hand? It looks bad in that bandage."

"It's not as bad as yours hyung."

"How is Hyung? Soodam noona said you guys gave him a visit while i was unconscious."

No one had a chance to answer as the said noona came in to the room. "I have a good news, Jjongie. Doctor said you are in a good condition. You are okay."

"Good. Can i meet onew hyung now?"

Soodam gulped. "Not now, baby. But, i'll take you there tomorrow. Minho, key and taeminnie will come too, right?"

"Yeah, of course we'll come, noona," Key responded.

3

"Konkuk University? What are we doing here? I thought we are going to meet Onew hyung," Jonghyun said the next morning.

"We will, hyung. Just be patient a bit," Minho replied.

"Did you create a problem with your campus, Ming?"

Minho laughed bitterly.

 

"Wah... there are so many people here. What is going on?" Jonghyun questioned once they went in to gymnasium of Konkuk Univ.

"You will know soon," Soodam answered.

"Aren't they Super Junior sunbaenim? What are they doing here? Leeteuk hyung, is he crying there? Why?"

No one answered his questions.

"Come on. We have to meet onew hyung."

Minho, Key, Taemin and Soodam walked Jonghyun to the end of the room. Once he reached the end of the room, he saw a picture that displayed a man with the brightest smile Jonghyun ever seen. A man that his eyes always turned in to beautiful half moon every time he smiled. A man with chubby cheeks and bunny teeth. A man that he loves so much. His Onew hyung.

"Onew hyung," Jonghyun said in low voice.

He stepped forward. When he stood beside the coffin, he eyed the most beautiful man sleeping peacefully. Onew wore white suit. He really looked like an angel at that time.

"Onew hyung," Jonghyun kneeled down beside the coffin. "Hyung..." his voice stuttered.

"Jonghyun hyung, be strong. Onew hyung has left us. He has gone to a better place," Taemin said.

"Leave?" Jonghyun remembered his dream with Onew when he was unconscious. "No. Onew hyung doesn’t leave us. He never leaves us. He won't."

So, that dream was Onew hyung’s way to say goodbye to me? Onew hyung made sure I promised to live without him because he has already gone. What if I chose to go with him and left Soodam noona in that dream? Would I die now? Yeah.. I was the one who chose to leave, hyung.’ Jonghyun had a monologue in his head.

Jonghyun touched onew's cheek. The usual-warm cheek was cold now.

"Hyung, i come. I complete my promise. I come this morning to meet you," tears made their way on Jonghyun's face.

"Can you wake up? I have come, hyung. Wake up. Don’t you want to greet me? Don’t you want to nurse my broken right hand? I am sick hyung, you have to take care of me. Wake up!" His voice shook.

"Wake up, hyung. I want to see your crescent eyes. I want to hear your laughter and lame joke. Tell me it’s just your another lame joke. Hyung, please, wake up! I have come to you, I won’t leave you anymore…”

 

Onew was entombed that day. He was passed away in the location where the car accident happened. His brain was swollen because of the hard collision, his back got major injury after the fragment of the car’s mirror implanted deep on his back.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I never thought I would be able to make a story where I “kill” Onew, my bias!!

But, I proved that I was wrong. I killed Onew in this story >.<

I am not satisfied with the ending, though. I thought I could end it in better way, but I didn’t  know how. I was !

 

By the way, yes, this story was inspired by Ladies’ Code car accident last week that made their 2 members passed away. I didn’t know how and why, but that incident gave me this idea. It’s not like I want it to happen. NOOO!! I don’t want it happen. Never!!

And, the beginning of this story was inspired by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows where Harry had a conversation with Professor Dumbledore in his unconsciousness and Dumbledore said he could choose whether he dead or not.

 

Hope you enjoy this story, readernim :)

Let me know your thought after reading it, please ^^

P.S.: Sorry for the spelling and grammatical error..

 

 

And, my deep condolence for Ladies’ Code. I mourn for EunB and Rise. May they rest in peace…