Chapter 1

Because it's him

          Kyuhyun woke up to the sound of rustling papers in the middle of the night. Rubbing his eyes groggily, he sat up to see the love of his life sitting in at the side of the bed. Beside him there was a stack of letters, which on closer look, Kyuhyun realised that it was the love letters he had written for his love before the both of them married.

          “Wookie? Why are you reading these letters in the middle of the night? Can’t sleep?” Kyuhyun asked, a little frustrated of being woken up from his sleep. After all, he had come home late the night before, and all he wanted to do was to have a good night’s sleep.

          “Oh, nothing much, I was just reading these to remember how much you loved me before.” His love replied nonchalantly, as if Kyuhyun’s love didn’t mean anything to him. The rustling of papers continued until Kyuhyun realised that after reading each letter, Ryeowook had torn each piece into shreds and throwing them into the bin he had conveniently placed beside him.

          “What? What are you talking about, wookie? I still love you. Why are you tearing those letters away?” Kyuhyun scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion, more with anger at how his love threw away all his letters that he had painstakingly written as if it were trash.

          “You know it yourself, Kyu. I know what you did, there’s nothing to hide. The fact is that you don’t love me anymore.” Ryeowook said in a breathy whisper, but the tone was so cold Kyuhyum felt a chill run down his spine. Something began to form inside his mind as panic rose within him. Ryeowook had not been this way before. Always the bright and cheerful lover who would cook for him whenever he reached home and shower him with kisses. What happened?

          “What have I done? I really do love you. You know that, or we wouldn’t have gotten married, right?” He tried to make some sense in what he was saying, but it somehow came out in stammers.

          “You love me? Then tell me why you cheated on me with Sungmin?” Ryeowook turned around, his eyes wide with so much fire that Kyuhyun felt himself burn under his gaze. The tone that was laced with venom cut his tongue such that he could only stammer, his blood running cold.

          “Wookie...I…” He tried to speak, yet he couldn’t find a reason to say. How had Ryeowook known? He had kept it a secret for such a long time, and he was clever enough not to leave any evidence.

          “Save it. You know it’s true. That is why you can’t rebut.” Ryeowook stood up and faced him. In the moonlight, his face seemed paler than usual while his eyes were darkened. Kyuhyun couldn’t fathom why but he felt something was going to happen, and it’s not good. He looked in confusion and felt his heart freeze when he saw Ryeowook reach out under his pillow and took out something that glinted dangerously in the moonlight-----A knife.

          “Since you don’t love me anymore, there is no reason for me to be here anymore. I hope you have a good life with Sungmin.” He whispered in a broken voice, his eyes showed so much disappointment kyuhyun felt he could suffocate in it.

          “Goodbye, Kyu.” With that he brought down the knife to his stomach much to Kyuhyun’s horror…

          “WOOKIE!!!NO!!!” Kyuhyun sat up in shock. His eyes widened in fear as beads of sweat ran down his forehead. He panted heavily before realising that his lover was still beside him.

          “What’s wrong, Kyu? Bad nightmare again?” Ryeowook stirred from his sleep at Kyuhyun’s outburst and sat up.

          “Yeah, it’s nothing, wookie. Go back to sleep. Sorry for waking you up.” He smiled weakly and apologised. Ryeowook smiled back tiredly and his hair.

          “You know, Kyu, if you have anything bothering you, I’ll always be here for you, ok?” Kyuhyun nodded weakly and looked as his lover went back to sleep again, turning on his side after mumbling ‘ I love you’.

          At the thought of what he dreamt and the outcome, it made Kyuhyun’s blood turn ice cold again. He sighed as he lied down onto the bed, hearing the soft snores made by his lover.

            As he closed his eyes to try to go back to sleep again. Kyuhyun wondered if he’ll ever be able to keep up with this lie----The lie that had cost wookie his life in his nightmare.