Let's make a run for it

We hoped he wouldn't notice

Minji and Juah were in their shared room upstairs. They were both sitting on their own beds, Minji, the youngest, was playing some random game on her phone while Juah, the oldest sister, was reading a book. The only sound that filled the room were B.A.P's songs silently playing from the laptop that was on one of the desks in the room. This was how most of their evenings passed by. Their father has 'friends' over and they both knew that he'd end up drunk once again and they'd have to deal with him once again. Currently, both the girls were just enjoying the little bit of peace they had left. Minji's cellphone started buzzing and a small smile plastered to the girl's face as she noticed who was calling.

She placed the phone by her ear "Zelo-oppa!" She chirped happily, she hadn't heard from her boyfriend in a while since B.A.P was having concerts.

A small chuckle was heard from the other side of the line "Jagiya~ Put me on speaker, please" He whined.

Minji giggled "Okay oppa!" She put the phone on her bed and put in on speaker "Alright oppa, you're on speaker"

Juah got up from her bed and sat down besides Minji "Hey Zelo" She said. She was somewhat jealous of Minji. Zelo called her all the time, while Jongup never really did that. Her boyfriend just was too clueless to understand that Juah would enjoy it if he'd call her instead of texting her all the time. She liked to hear his voice and his laugh when they talked.

"Ya! Why aren't you saying 'hey' to me, jagiya?" An unknown voice said through the phone before it chuckled.

"Jongup-oppa!" Juah chirped, knowing that voice all too well.

Two voices laughed on the other side of the phone, both Zelo and Jongup apparently thought it was funny to mess with Juah this way.

Said girl pouted eventhough they couldn't see it "Ya~ That's mean~" She whined.

Minji giggled "So how was the sho-" Minji was cut off by the door of their room flying open and making a loud bang when it hit against the wall.

"What are you girls laughing about?! You're disturbing me and my friends downstairs!" It was their father, already drunk as he could be. He was stumbling across the room to get to his two daughters. "Don't you know that you two have to keep quiet when I have guests over?!" He yelled grabbing Minji by her long brown hair.

"Ya! Dad! Don't do that!" Juah yelled standing up from the bed and pulling her father's hand off of her sister's hair.

"Don't interfere with my business!" Their father yelled before letting go of Minji's hair and punching his other daughter in the face.

Juah fell back when a hand came in contact with her right cheek.

Their father then left their room, leaving his two daughters in shock. Not that it was the first time, but still they didn't want to believe that their own father would be able to hit and abuse his children like this.

Both girls went back to their own beds and decided to just go back to reading or playing games on their phones, whatever made sure that they were quiet just like their father wanted them to be.

A few hours later

Minji and Juah were sleeping, both cuddled up in their blankets and their dreams taking them to better places than home.The oldest sister, Juah, woke up because of a noise. A small ticking against the window. Juah was a very light sleeper so the smallest noise would wake her up. She got out of her bed, wearing one of Jongup's shirts that he had given to her. She walked to the window to see a small pebble hitting the window. Juah opened the window to only be left in shock with what she found.

"J-Jongup! Zelo! What are you two doing here?" She asked trying not to be too loud since she didn't know if her father was sleeping already or not.

Both boys were standing in front of the house looking up to the window of the room that would lead to the girl's bedroom.

"We're here to get you two out of there" Zelo said, he was determined to do so and it showed on his face.

Juah frowned a little "What are you two tal-" Then she remembered that the boys probably heard all that happened earlier that day since they were still on the phone. After realising that Juah just nodded before going back to Minji to wake her up "Minji, wake up" She whispered while shaking her sister.

Minji sat up rubbing her eyes "Ya, Juah... It's still too early" She whined.

"Just, come on" Juah said before pulling her sister out of her bed and towards the window.

"What are you doi- Zelo oppa?" Minji started complaining but when she saw Zelo she was too shocked to keep on complaining.

Juah explained what the boys were planning and why she thought they were doing so.

Minji sighed "Should we?"

Juah shrugged "Well, I know one thing... I am not going to stay here" She said before she took her bag and started putting some clothes in there.

Minji nodded agreeing with her sister "And leaving our dad?"

"Well... He's not acting like a dad, is he? He hasn't been our dad in years" Juah said as she closed her bag.

Minji nodded again and without another word she started packing her bags too. She knew her sister was right.

Merely five minutes later the girls threw their bags down for Zelo and Jongup to catch them. Though both of them had yet to figure out how to get down themselves, they knew their father would find out about it.

"Maybe we can tie our blankets together like they do in cartoons?" Minji chirped.

Juah sighed and shook her head at her sister's silly idea.

"What? Do we have any other choice?" Minji said looking at her older sister.

Juah shrugged and took their blankets. Her sister was right, they had no other option but to try this.

So, just like cartoon characters would, they tied their blankets together hoping that it would be strong enough to get both of them down and hoping that their father wouldn't notice. They gave each other and encouraging nod before throwing their homemade rope down holding onto one end of it. Juah tied the other end to her bed, which was attached to the wall. Minji was the first one to attempt getting down, but due to her own clumsiness her hands slipped halfway and she fell down. Almost forgetting that Zelo and Jongup where down there. She wanted to scream, but she was caught by two arms before she could. Zelo had caught her.

Then it was Juah's turn to get down. She went to the open window, once more checking if their homemade rope would be able to hold her. She sighed and started climbing out of the window. She once again shook her head, not believing she would make it down that easily. Juah might have been just a bit afraid of heights. She started getting down, but refused to look anywhere else than her own two hands that were holding onto the rope. Before Juah had completely progressed it, she was down safe and sound. She really didn't realise she had made it until she received a back hug from her boyfriend. She knew Jongup's hug better than anyone else.

Minji glanced at the cute couple and couldn't help but tease "Yah, instead of standing there being all lovey-dovey, how about you help us carry all this and get ou-"

"What the hell?! Ju, Min, where the **** are you two?!" A voice screamed from the room that Juah and Minji had just escaped from. It was their father.

Instead of staying there to yell at their father, both girls grabbed there boys and made a run for it. As sadistic and wrong as it may sound, they were laughing. They were happy and having fun with this. They had been wanting to get away from their father for so long and imagining the look on his face alone was hilarious to them. Both boys were behind them quickly and realising that they were letting the girls carry their own bags they quickly and swiftly, without any stuggle, took the bags from them.

They had no clear idea of where they were going, since Juah andd Minji had no idea where the boys had been planning to take them. All they knew was that from now on things were going to get better.