Daffodil

Forget-me-nots

im sorry for all typos.

 

 

It’s the day where Sungyeol got a two hour breaks from all the experiments, tests, and observations. He got to breath the air, away from his laboratory, away from the room that smells like hospitals, like sulphur or copper or benzene, or any other elements lining up the Element Table. He walked out, walking away from the building where he conduct his experiments and test and researches, determine to spend the two hours break without any regret. He inhale the fresh air, observing his natural surrounding. Being one of researcher at the Woollim Research Centre, it isn’t always he got the time for enjoying his still young age, to fully live like he want –but this is what he want. As he walk down the street, the wind blows his face gently, and the feels is surreal, it was always different from the air-conditioner, that was way too cold in his lab.

 

Amidst his walks, he heard a faint meows –a cat of course. Being the always too good person with a saint heart, and an angle wings on his back, he start walking around, with the intention to help the crying cat. True to his intuition, there is a cat, white long fur that seems too smooth, with a black bell around the neck and the end of the leash stuck between the fences. Sungyeol make his way to the poor cat whilst scanning his surrounding  -its empty. It always come unconscious to him, the way he always observe his surrounding, then stating the problems, making hypothesis. It was his natural habits even since he’s a little kid, and it always ended up with either hypothesis accepted or hypothesis is not accepted. He’s a pure researcher at heart.

 

He crouches down, unbound the cat from the fences and pick it up, cradling it to his broad chest. He smiles just because the cat is too cute and he wonder where is the owner. He wouldn’t have a heart to leave the cat without the owner. But there is no one present in his field of vision.

 

He rubs the back of the kitty’s ears. “should I bring you with me, kitty?” his fingers still playing with the cat ears, chuckling a little at the cute reactions he got.

 

“Gyugyu!!!” Sungyeol startle, he heard someone yell but calculating the distance, its comes out faint to his ears. He heard it again, getting louder this time and then, before he could walk and reach whoever voice it is, there is a boy, appeared from the corner. And he swear that he never found anything more beautiful than the boy –quiet a distance in front of him. The boy have a black jet hair, which look super cute when the air brushing against it, making it messy in every directions. And the boy is frantically moving around, sometimes crouching under the dustbin and Sungyeol wonder if the boy were looking for the cat –its probably his.

 

“hey..” he stop because the boy turn around, facing him. . He was so cute and Sungyeol’s freaking dying inside. The boy look straight to Sungyeol and it feels like eternity to him –the moment when their eyes met, before the boy trail his eyes down to Sungyeol chest. This cute boy isn’t checking out my chest right ?!

 

“you found my Gyugyu!” Sungyeol snapped out from his thought, focusing his sight back to the other but then, there’s this pleasant weight crushing to him and  a smell like baby shampoo –that fruity sweet shampoo, invade his surrounding, and Sungyeol feels so delighted inside. This cute boy is hugging him. But its not long for Sungyeol to realize that the other is not hugging him. It was the kitty which cradling into his chest. When the fuzziness inside his head fades away, Sungyeol look back to the boy infront of him, by the time, already taking the kitty away and cradling it to his chest instead. The boy patted the kitty’s head softly and the movement is so delicate that it seems surreal.

 

“I told you not to run away Gyugyu” the voice too, sound so soft and Sungyeol think its impossible for a guy to have that tone of voice, but , the boy did have. Sungyeol watches the boy closely as the other still patting and talking to the kitty. Watching the lashes batted and sweeping slightly the cheecks. The soft, pink lips moving around mumbling word to the cat and and Sungyeol is lost. He observe –more intense than he ever did, and state the problem –the boy is too cute for his heart to handle, and making his hypothesis –im gonna faint if I watch him anymore. But then, the boy look up to him and God ! he has a pretty eyes that is brown and his hair, is not black, it also brown in that distance. And the boy is shorter than him –everyone is shorter than Sungyeol.

 

“thank you mister for taking care of my Gyugyu” that pink lips of the boy is moving and Sungyeol lost in his thought again, before he shakes his head a little to finally register what the boy is saying.

 

He feels a heat spreading to his face, instantly looking away from the boy that is too alluring to him. Gosh am im too obvious??

He scratch the back of his head “uh—yeah”

 

 

 

The moment the target crouched down to untangle the kitty from the fences, Myungsoo know he couldn’t kill him, wouldn’t.

 

“uh—yeah”

 

The target’s first word.

 

His voice is deeper than what Myungsoo thought it would be and as kind as angle and untainted with violent as he know it would be. Then the target look back at Myungsoo. The instant the target’s soft brown orbs meet his, he know he will have to keep that eyes shut forever, but the eyes cast a spell on him.

 

Myungsoo  smiles to the target, offering him one of the best dimpled smiles of him. He do have a pretty smiles, with cute dimples and doll-like lips –it what peoples tell him, always. Myungsoo is the picture of innocence –it’s fake, he hope.

 

The target blushed a little and looked away from him. Cute .

 

He rubs the back of the kitty’s ears again, drawing the target’s attention to his hand, the small hands, safe hands, the hand that the target might want to hold, to fits in his –the hands that kills.

 

“what is your name?” the target said, then his eyes widen a little. Cute. The target must not expected to blurts the words himself. Myungsoo giggles a little, like how he should. And the guy infront of him, the target, looks even more embarrassed. He stuttering again.

 

“im sorry—I”

 

“it’s Myungsoo, my name is Myungsoo” Myungsoo flased a smile to him.

 

The target smiles back and Myungsoo think the guy should really stop doing it –smiling, because it drive him crazy.

 

 He don’t understand though. Why the guy, with a beautiful orbs, deep but cute voice was in the list “must die” by his Boss ?

 

“your name in exchange of mine mister” Myungsoo said then, in the voice that’s kinda comes out like a tease—or to seduce, more important, it’s not his –or probably his.

 

Lee Sungyeol. The target’s name is Lee Sungyeol.

 

And he’s twenty-one.

 

 

Myungsoo is seventeen. Suit his young looks then.

Even when they already start a conversation since a moment ago, his voice is still so alluring to Sungyeol’s ears.

 

“are you a student hyung?” Myungsoo ask then, in that voice again. Sigh. And he called me hyung already.

 

“yes—my second year in medical studies”

 

Myungsoo’s  eyes widen then, damn he look so cute. “wahh you’re must be so clever” Myungsoo exclaim.

 

“how about you ?”

 

“im a high schooler, obviously” he said, glaring cutely toward Sungyel and the latter giggles, making the younger giggles along.

 

 

The moment after that, Sungyeol realize than they have been walking for around twenty minutes. Sungyeol know that they were heading to the nearby ice cream parlor, but this takes longer than what he thought it would be. He asked Myungsoo if they were anywhere close, but he said that he’s taking a short-cut to the ice cream parlor.

 

But then, when they reach the empty, dull street –Myungsoo said it was the short-cut, he suddenly stop.

 

Myungsoo crouch down and set the cat on the ground

 

“im sorry kitty, but you’re not mine” he said before turning and facing Sungyeol.

 

For a moment, Myungsoo was just standing there, not making any movements nor blinking his eyes –just simply looking at Sungyeol.

 

“tell me about your job”

 

“im a medical student Myungsoo-ya..what’s wrong, why did you suddently stop and asking me this” Sungyeol said as he’s trying to grab the younger hand and walk, but Myungsoo didn’t budge at all. Feets planting to the ground.

 

“Myungsoo ?”

 

“no seriously tell me what’s your job ?!” Myungsoo is close to shouting and Sungyeol is more than surprise when the younger pull out a gun from under his black jacket.

 

“well then if you’re not going to tell me what is your job, then I’ll tell you mine” Myungsoo blurted out as he trail the gun from Sungyeol’s chest to his neck, and stopping on his jaw.

 

“im an assassin and my mission now is—to kill you”

 

“wh—what—why ?!”

 

Myungsoo want to ask more but then he saw a few movement not too far behind Sungyeol. He instantly grab onto the older wrist and dragged him along. Walking away.

 

“there’s four guys behind us” he inform Sungyeol.

 

“what—“ Sungyeol is about to turn around when Myungsoo tugged his hand a little. “don’t look back idiot, they’ll notice”

 

“Sungyeol, I need you to trust me okay—I think the guys was sent to kill you”

 

“You were sent to kill me too Myungsoo” Sungyeol said in rushes and panic voice, and Myungsoo shushes him quiet again.

 

“I don’t think I will, now run till the end of this alley, you’ll find a black car, just drove it away to the motel four blocks from here. I’ll catch up with you later. Now go !” Myungsoo pushed Sungyeol and immediately swirling around, firing a bullets to the unwelcome guests.

 

Sungyeol, seeing that its his way to escape –from the other party, and Myungsoo itself, run with all he might, not once glancing back. He just want to escape from all those people who want him dead. But then, there’s a painfull yelp.

 

Myungsoo’s

 

But still he didn’t stop. He wont stop.

 

Until finally two guys that were stalking him and Myungsoo a moment ago, catching up to him. One of the guy yanked the back of his shirt and throw him to the wall. Gasping for air in attempt to stand up, Sungyeol heard a faint click.

 

 Gun.

 

And he’s freaking scared. He feels like he is really going to die. Meeting with Myungsoo does nothing good in the first place and he’s about to blame his stupidity that fall for Myungsoo alluring voice, for the delicate movements, for the innocent face, for fate, when there is suddently a loud thuds.

 

Sungyeol open his eyes then, there is Myungsoo on the ground, struggling with the two of the man. Sungyeol could see a cut on his left arm. And he’s bleeding too much. One of the guy is on top of the younger while the other is trying to aimed his gun and shoot.

 

“Sungyeol go!”

 

The shout make Sungyeol stop in his line of trance, he stand up, yet he is not running away. He picked up a stone big and heavy enough and throw it to the guy who was holding a gun.

 

Myungsoo, using the chance from the opening that Sungyeol done , threw the guy on top of him away. In a lightning speed, he pull out the small knive in between his boot and jammed it to the guy’s shoulder. He glance up. Sungyeol was struggling with the other guy.

 

I need to finish this mess

 

“Sungyeol drop the gun! Its not us who want to kill you, it’s the boy!” Myungsoo glanced up again, this time, the guy fighting with Sungyeol a moment ago was pointing a finger to him.

 

“im not Sungyeol—trust m—“ before Myungsoo could manage to finish his sentence, the guy under him grasp roll them over, making Myungsoo, once again, trapped beneath him.

 

“he’s the one playing this game on you, he lead you to this alley”

 

“then who are you?!” Sungyeol yelled then, tightening his hold onto the gun. Pointing it to the guy infront of him.

 

“we’re agents sent by Woollim Research Center. Its out duty to protect the organization’s important researcher.

 

Deep inside, Sungyeol knew that the guy is lying.

 

“don’t listen to the—” the end of Myungsoo’s sentence died in a tight choke. The guy above his has clamped a hand around his throat. And Myungsoo can’t breath. Sungyeol glanced toward Myungsoo, then to the guy infront of him, and coming back to Myungsoo. The younger was struggling to breath. His hand scratching the bigger hands around his throat and small sound coming from the blue lips. His eyes desperate.  Any moment, Myungsoo will die now –just a few second in Sungyeol calculation.

 

With a shaking hand, Sungyeol closed his eyes. He pulled the trigger. A sound of bang was resonating in the empty alley, making it appear too loud in the still air. When he opened his eyes again, the guy infront of him was on the ground. Dead. Sungyeol then, eyed the other who was still on top of Myungsoo, but he could see the fingers around the slender throat softening a bit. Sungyeol shift the gun, this time focusing onto the other guy. Before he could pull the trigger, the guy smacked Myungsoo hard, standing up and yanking the gun away from Sungyeol’s grasp. He take a lead and reverse the role, pointing it back to Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol blood rushes in something like fears. I don’t want to die. Not yet.

 

But then, déjà vu, theres a comfort weight crushed onto him and the smells of fruits –too sweet, invaded his surrounding, coming with another loud ‘bang’, and Myungsoo’s sharp breath. Sungyeol could make the idea of Myungsoo taking a shot to save him.

 

Still in a position that make them slightly hug, Myungsoo swirled in a speed of light, Sungyeol back was now facing the guy. Myungsoo throw a knive that went straight to the guy’s chest, then pull out another knive from under his jacket and throw it as well, to the guy. This one went to the guy’s forehead, making the guys drop to the ground with yet another loud ‘thud’.

 

It was then Myungsoo slump against Sungyeol, his weight completely in Sungyeol’s hold before slowly collapsed to the ground. Sungyeol following suit as he still hold onto Myungsoo. The younger hasn’t faint despite all the wounds, the bullet on his back, and all the blood he lose. Myungsoo’s breath is still frantic, same goes to Sungyeol before finally it went steady. When Myungsoo pulled out something from his pocket, Sungyeol tightening his hold on a stone next to him, still wary of the situation he in. but its just a phone. Sungyeol watch as the younger dial a number and put the call in a speaker mode.

 

“Myungsoo”

 

“mission done. Target’s dead but I got ambushed”

 

“what are you okay where are you?! I’ll send someone”

 

“four guys, all dead though I got shot and some injuries but im alive”

 

“you got shot ?” Woohyun voice is the same, but Myungsoo could smell the concern and worries. The hyung is to possessive over him.

 

“yes. Theres no need to send anyone to clear up the bodies. I sure whoever send those guys over will clean up their mess”

 

“okay, wait till next message and you can come back”

 

With that, Woohyun –Sungyeol consider him as Myungsoo’s boss, hanged up.

 

Myungsoo eyed him then, before trying to stand up. His first attempt failed but not the second. Using a wall as support, he walked, glancing back,

 

“are you coming, hyung?”

 

Not waiting for any replies, Myungsoo walk again, just to get stopped by Sungyeol.

 

“sit”

 

“I don’t take order from you hyung” its surprise Sungyeol that the younger look like he could faint any times but still could pull up an argument.

 

Sungyeol sigh, “just sit kid”. The younger did sit on the ground, with a scowl.

 

Sungyeol set besides the younger. Rummaging through his back pack, he take out his first aid kit. Silently, he take Myungsoo arm and start tending the injury. He cleaned the cut slowly, each times feeling guity over the younger painful whines and pleading eyes.

 

“you lied to me from the start aren’t you?” Myungsoo said softly as another whines broke from his lips then.

 

“I could say the same to you Myungsoo-yah”

 

“but I didn’t lied. My name is really Myungsoo and im seventeen ! I just didn’t tell you that I do killings” Sungyeol could see the hurts present in the brown orbs as the younger tell him the last phrase. Myungsoo must be hate killing peoples.

 

“well then, my name is real, my age is real, but I lied about being a medical student. I graduate already and now working as one of the researcher” Sungyeol finish his sentence by clipping a safety pins on the bandage. He zipped up his bag and crouched down. The bag in his hand.

 

“hopped up kid”

 

“huh?”

 

“Come on, you barely have any energy to walk”

 

Myungsoo, not use being care stand up harshly, making a shot of pain to his head., before having his own composure and start walking.

 

Sungyeol just sigh and followed the latter silently. When they reach the car that the younger had mention before, Myungsoo yet again insists that he’ll drive but after some arguments, Myungsoo give in. it even comes as surprise to Myungsoo because he always want peoples do as he want and he never give in easily despite whatever situations he in. Sungyeol must be something.

 

“do you have something to lessen the pains?” Myungsoo asked then, when they finally sit in the car. Sungyeol on the driver seat and Myungsoo’s besides him.

 

“yea..wait” rummaging his backpack once again, Sungyeol pulled out a bottles of pills, passing it to the younger. Taking the pills, Myungsoo feels his mind and body eased to blankness. Both his mind and his body feels so light. He know he can sleep. He now he can. Because Sungyeol is with him. And being near the older, Myungsoo feels safe and in peace –the feeling he rarely got.

 

He fall asleep.

 

 

 

When he woke up, he found Sungyeol’s jacket around him. Blinking his eyes, he was greeted with a sight of Sungyeol. The older was also staring at him. And in that short of time, all Myungsoo could see is Sungyeol, and all Sungyeol could see is Myungsoo.

 

“you really can hear what I thought?”

 

“yes” it was then Myungsoo realize that Sungyeol didn’t said the question out loud.

 

Jerking up awake, Myungsoo ask “how did you know?!” he is shouting, because no one should know.

 

“I made you talk”

 

“you drugged me??!”

 

“umm—sorry”

 

Myungsoo sighs. Its happen anyway.

 

“so I guess this is why they send you and the four guys after me.” Sungyeol said and that’s making Myungsoo confuse, before it finally hit him.

 

“you said youre a researcher right ? does that means your research relate to us?” Myungsoo said in a faint breath, fears consume him at the thought there might be a bunch of researcher out there who know about them –the people with a power like him.

 

“us? Theres many of your type out there?” Myungsoo look at Sungyeol the moment the latter finish his sentence.

 

“no there isn’t any” Myungsoo then take Sungyeol’s phone. He open the window and threw the device out.

 

“hey!”

 

“You’re dead hyung, remember?”

 

Sungyeol know its true. He knew that he couldn’t return to his family, his job. They probably send another assassin out to him and he can’t risk to lose anything more when he already losing his life. And, he cant risk Myungsoo life. If he go to police or anyone, and if Myungsoo’s agency found out, then they probably going to kill Myungsoo too. He reminiscence the talks he had with Myungsoo as the younger is being drugged. Myungsoo had told him that it was not his choice. The agency  want his power, and they had someone in hold to control him. So he couldn’t escape even if he want to. Sungyeol found that Myungsoo is just an ordinary teenage, innocent soul torned and used. And he wish he would mend it somehow.

 

He look back to Myungsoo. The younger is checking his bandage with a pout on his lips –Myungsoo might do it unconsciously. Each movements is delicate. And the eyes. The eyes, now, Sungyeol could see the sadness behind it. He wish he could take Myungsoo out of his misery. He wish he could help peoples out there –with power like Myungsoo have.

 

“hyung? Are you listening” sungyeol broke his trances.

 

“what?”

 

Sighs “I said that you should stay at a low-pay motel for a while. No calls, no cards, just cash. Live silently okay. Find a way to make an email and go by ‘yeol_owl@gmail’ okay. I’ll sent a text to you”

 

“and you?” Sungyeol search for Myungsoo eyes, when he find it, he feels reluctant to leave that eyes.

 

“ill go back to the agency. And hopefully they woudn’t found out about what I did”

 

“they’ll kill you if they found out right?”

 

“they definitely will. Im just one of their toys”

 

And Sungyeol feels so angry. How could anyone do that to a boy like Myungsoo? But then Myungsoo smiles, complete with the dimples set and it’s too dazzling.

 

“don’t worry hyung, if they try to kill me, I’ll kicks their asses!” Myungsoo’s smile widening and so does Sungyeol.

 

Then Myungsoo leaning in, land a small kiss to Sungyeol’s cheeks and the action surprised the older, before he drew back and looking to the front.

 

“live well okay. I’ll come back soon”

 

When Myungsoo turned again to look to Sungyeol, the older surprise him with another kiss. This one, the other meet his lips.

 

 

 

 

 

okay i know the story is too rush

and idk to write a fighting scenes

but i hope this is understandable.

do point my mistake.

carpe diem.