Nothing Will Happen

Nothing Will Happen - Kris

Peering in through the door frame, your eyes scanned the room, bookshelf, bedside table, bed, bedside table, desk, guitar, keyboard, bathroom door, closet do-

"You can come in, you know" Kris cooed as he walked out from the closet door and ruffled his damp hair. His words cut through your thoughts as your eyes snapped to him and watched him as he gracefully walked over to the Queen sized bed and turned down the black comforter.

Tossing the grey decorative pillows beside his desk, he turned off the large lights and pulled the strings on the lamps beside the bed.

"I can’t believe that we have to do this" You mumbled as you stepped inside and kept the door open behind you as you tightened your grip around the folded pajamas in your arms.

"Do what?" Kris asked, his eyes scanning the little stack of books beside his bed before he chose the right one and sat on one side of the bed. Lifting one foot on top of the bed, he let the other one dangle off as his fingers found the bookmark and pulled open his place in the book he was reading.

"S-Share a b-b-bed" You stuttered, looking down at your toes as they wiggled against the carpet below.

"Well I wouldn’t let you sleep on the couch or floor and both of our parents are over taking up your room and the guest room too." He stated plainly, his eyes looking over the top of your book, seeing how awkward you were standing there in his room.

Flipping his book over on the comforter, he slipped off of the side of the bed before he padded over and stood in front of you. Placing one hand on your shoulder, he rubbed it gently. Eventually your eyes lifted and met his.

"Go change and get ready for bed, okay? Nothing will happen, I promise" He cooed softly, his eyes kind and warm. Slowly nodding your head, you started to move before he stepped in front of you again.

"Relax, it isn’t like you haven’t been in my room before" He chuckled as you bit your bottom lip trying to hide your smile from the memory of playing hide and go seek in his room.

"I’ll meet you in bed" He whispered, his hand resting slightly above your ear before he leaned in and pressed his lips on your forehead. Blush started to crawl on your lips while you let your eyes close.

Feeling him pull away, you opened your eyes and nodded, turning and going into the bathroom, you closed the door behind you and let out a deep shaky breath before you changed and got ready for bed. Finishing up with your nightly routine, you opened the door of the bathroom as you peered out and saw Kris leaning against the headboard, flipping the pages in his book as he read in the soft yellow light that filled the room.

Opening the door a little wider, you folded your day clothes in your hands before Kris lifted his eyes and saw you playing with your shirt in between your fingers.

"You can put those in my closet til morning" He remarked as he dropped his eyes back down to his book as his lips pulled to one side more than the other.

Turning around, you pushed the door open a little and the sweet smell of Kris Yi Fan crept into your senses, somehow calming you down a little. Placing your clothes on the floor, you closed the door and slowly walked over to the free side of the bed.

Sitting on the edge, he glanced over at you just as you noticed the closed door. Turning your head to look at him, he marked his place in his book before sliding his long legs under the covers.

"Don’t worry nothing will happen" He reassured you somehow reading your worries.

"Are you sure?" You questioned back this time, "I mean what if…"

Biting your bottom lip you held yourself back from saying anything else as he nodded, pulling a soft blanket form the foot of the bed, he bunched it up and created a barrier between the two of you.

"There~" He says as he lays down on his side, placing one hand behind his head while the other rested on his upper stomach.

"W-What is that for?" You turned towards him not seeing what the little blanket was for.

"A barrier so you can stay on your side and I will stay on mine, so you can relax and not worry" He tells you, rolling his head against the white pillow and glancing over at you as he blinked slowly and tiredly.

Moving over from the very edge of the bed, you slipped your legs under the covers as you turned off your lamp and rested your head on the fluffy white pillow. Gazing up at the ceiling, the cool, crisp night air started to blow in through the slightly opened window. Pulling the covers over your shoulders tightly, you turned your back towards Kris as your eyes closed slowly.

Staying awake a while longer, he watched you as you turned over and faced him, cuddling closer to the barrier blanket, your face was so peaceful looking as your hair was beautifully messy. Lifting one of his hands, he tucked a strand of hair behind your ear while watching you and listening to you breath until he too slipped off to sleep.

With the temperature dropping outside, you snuggled closer to something warm and comfortable, a comforting scent welcomed you as you curled against it. Dreaming sweet dreams, you woke up the next morning to the bright rays of the sun casting down on the floor.

Pulling yourself away from the comfortable position you were in, you oriented yourself slowly. A familiar grey tank top welcomed your eyes as you saw prominent and strong collarbones, a chest moving with every breath, warm and comforting arms holding you tightly against him. Your legs lightly tangled with yours while your eyes lifted slowly looking over Kris’ sleeping face.

Your first instinct was to pull away, but as you pressed your hands against his strong chest and pushed yourself away from him, he held you tighter, one hand of his gently lifting and running through your hair, carefully bringing your head under his chin, his thumb gently rubbed against your temple. His other arm wrapped around your waist as he pulled you closer to him.

Feeling the soft median blanket around the two of you, you smiled shyly and wrapped your arms around him slowly, rubbing his strong back with your hand, feeling the dip in his muscles for his spine as he hummed at your touch. Making sure that he was still asleep, you closed your eyes and pressed yourself against him happily.

Thinking how this arranged marriage might work out well after all, and wondering if you could convince your parents and his to stay longer so you can cuddle with your husband more. However those thoughts were cut short when your eyes slid closed again, feeling a sleepy kiss against the top of your head, you felt small butterflies in your stomach just before you fell asleep for a while longer in his arms.