Need to protect

Protecting the lightning boy

Need to protect:

 

Chen landed on the ground with a load groan, and he felt his crack a bit at the inpact, twisting awkwardly. I probably was sprained, but he could care less, since he had a huge ing monster on top of it. 

 

He had never had a magma so close up on his body before, and he could feel it’s surprisingly cold breath against his neck. He fought with all his might to get away from it, but it only resulted in him turning his body around so he was now facing the magma.

 

As he looked the magma in it’s eyes, he got a huge schock. ”Sungjae?” he whispered. He had thought that Sungjae had die, he had killed him himself. And yet, there he was, with those same eyes as he always had, those big dark eyes who seemed to know all the worlds biggest secrets and dreams. 

 

Sungjae had been Chen’s first and best friend. They had met at kindergarden when some older kids made fun of Sungjae, and Chen protected him with all his eight year old might. When he finally got the bullies to leave (after some promises that he would tell their mothers’ ) he had dried of Sungjae’s tears and asked if he was alright. That was the moment when they started talking, and they found themselves as friends not long after. Chen was like an older brother to Sungjae, always protecting and taking care of him.

 

But the older they got, the more their relationship grew. As Sungjae became more mature, they slowly became best friends instead of having a younger older brother relationship, and they shared all their secrets and dreams with each other. Sungjae had been the first person outside Chen’s family he had told that he was gay, and Sungjae, even if he was completely straight, supported Chen to a hundred percent, always asking if he thought that boy was hot or perhaps that one or that. He had even asked if Chen liked him, once, but Chen had just laughed and answered ew, how could he possibly love a person who was like a brother to him?

 

When Sungjae had gotten his powers, that was a proud moment for his family, but also for Chen, who by then had realized he probably wouldn’t get any power (see how wrong he was.) They had celebrated with cake and liquid, they had danced and sung until the sun went down and came back up. It was one of the best memories he had with Sungjae. 

 

But then his best friend had gotten in to XOXO and Chen slowly realized that Sungjae would leave, and train to become more certain of his shifting power (a power originated from water, as it can change it’s shape into anything you like, as a camouflage), and he would probably never come back to visit. Lay had promised he would come back all the time, but he never did. It was dangerous for Chen to be so close to powerful people without powers himself, and Sungjae had the chance to become very powerful. 

 

And Chen was right, Sungjae never returned. He stil called and texted, but he himself never turned up. Chen felt his and his best friends relationship grow more distant, they no longer knew each other the same way. They bothe still loved each other as brothers and family, but family can grow distant as well. n eve though Chen’s heart was aching from the lost and from now being very lonely, he never complained. He knew the reasons for Sungjae to never come back, and he accepted it.

 

But then it had happened. A huge hoard of magma’s had managed to reach the village where Chen lived, and they were now trying to get inside the village, their goal to kill everything and everyone. The village had called for backup, and soon it had came, in form of people from XOXO, among them Sungjae. Sungjae who was now a accomplished and talented shifter, one of the strongest. Sungjae, who no longer was that little kid Chen had saved when he was eight, he was now a grown up teen who was assigned to protect his village, and among the villagers was Chen. He was now protecting Chen. And that what was had gotten him killed.

Just as the second time an attack had happened Chen had tried to help the women and children of the village, despite not having powers himself. And as he was helping a small child hide a magma had came running, and Chen’s only thought was to protect the child, so he had stood infront of it, stretching his arms out, protecting the small life with his own, closing his eyes and waited for the impact.

 

But it never came.

 

Sungjae had thrown himself infront of Chen and the child, taking the impact of the magma instead. He fought bravely, and eventually managed to kill it, but then it had already been to late. Sungjae knew that he was not supposed to throw himself at a magma, since they easily could bite, but as he had seen Che standing there, giving his own life to protect another, he had reacted from the heart. He couldn’t stand seeing Chen get hurt, he could not see his best friend who had protected him die infront of his eyes. So he had done the thing he thought was right, and had protected Chen the same way Chen had done when they were younger. He had felt the magma bite him at that moment, and he had known it was to late, but he had still fought to get rid of the magma. When he finally succeeded he sank to the ground, feeling his body slowly starting to transform, and he knew what was happening. 

 

As Chen help hi best friends while he lost the last of his humanity, Sungjae had told Chen how much he meant to him, how grateful he was, and why he had done what he did. And Chen cried together with his best friend, telling Sungjae how much he loved him, and how much he meant. He had seen the eyes of his best friends change and turn darker, he had seen his body change, and become deformed, huge and horrible. But still, those eyes had remained, those beautiful eyes, who told the secrets of the world.

 

And when Chen thought he killed Sungjae, those eyes had disappeared, but yet, there they were again, staring down at him, telling Chen so much, he didn’t even know himself. The Sungjae Chen knew was gone, but something still remained. Something small. And Chen would find it. 

 

But not right know. He needed to get stronger first. And he needed to get away from his now mutant best friend before he killed him.

 

He started fighting again with all his might, trying his best to get away, trying his best to use his powers. And he could feel them deeply inside, but he couldn’t bring them out. He was to scared to hurt Sungjae once more, there was no rage in his heart, so he could not bring his powers out. 

 

”” he mumbled and fought harder. ” .”

 

 

Then it was suddenly over. Sungjae was thrown off of him with strength, and cold hit him hard. 

 

”Xiumin” he whispered.

 

Xiumin’s eyes were filled with rage as he threw the magma off of Chen, and he barely heard Chen’s low whisper. He was to focused on the beast, who was trying to hurt the person he was assigned to protect, and he could not let that happen. Not on his watch. He slowly let his hands go colder, and got ready to freeze the beast to the bones when he heard Chen’s voice once more. 

 

”NO! Xiumin don’t hurt Sungjae, please! I will handle him myself when i get strong enough. I will help him, just don’t hurt him, please!”

 

Xiumin heard the desperation in Chen’s voice, and that got him to hesitate just long enough for the beast, Sungjae, to turn around and disappear back in the shadows of the dead forest. He let out a low curse word, but then he realized Chen was still on the ground, and he sank down beside him. 

 

”you okay?” he asked quietly. ”Did it bite you?”

 

Chen shook his head. ”No, he didn’t bite me. He just looked at me, while i was fighting to get his off.”

 

”You talk like you knew him.”

”I… I did. He was my best friend, when i was younger. But he was killed in the last attack of magmas in my village, when he came to help. He died because i wasn’t strong enough..”

 

Xiumin frowned. ”Never say that. If he died to protect you, that was his choice and his only. You should be grateful, which i know you are, but you should also accept that it was his choice. You can never help why other people do, they can only make those decisions themselves.”

 

Chen looked at Xiumin, eyes teary, which made Xiumin’s heart clench in a strange way. ”You seem like you have been through something similar?”

 

Xiumin’s eyes turned sad, and distant. ”I have been through a similar thing, yes, but i am not ready and willing to talk about it, not just with you, but with everyone. The only person who knows is Luhan, because he is my best friend, and there is no point in lying to him.” he smiled a bit, remembering Luhan’s angry face.

 

Chen’s eyes turned soft at the sight of the smiling Xiumin. This Xiumin was do different from the one he had met before, so much softer, so much nicer. 

 

”We should get out of here” Xiumin commented, and Chen nodded and started to get up. Halfway there though, he hissed loudly and sank back down on the ground. 

 

”Are you hurt?” Xiumin questioned.

 

Chen halfshook his head. ”I twisted my ankle a bit when Sungjae hit me, but it’s fine. It hurts now, but it will be over soon. If you could just help me up, and we can go.”

Xiumin just sighed, and thought back at what Lay had said. Healing didn’t really work on Chen. He sighed again, and then bent down and picked up Chen easily, hoisting him up in his arms, starting walking immediately efter, moving quickly and quietly.

 

Chen, on the other hand, squeaked loudly. ”Xiumin hyung, put me down!!! I said i was fine.!”

 

”Yeah, sure you said, but i don’t believe you. And besides, Lay told me you don’t heal like other people, and we don’t need you falling and getting injured even more. That would just be stupid. So lay still.”

 

Chen blushed deeply, but stilled in Xiumin’s arm. ”Fine” he muttered, which made Xiumin chuckle, Chen smiled. ”I feel like you have warmed up a bit to me?”

 

Xiumin smiled a bit. ”Well, maybe just a little bit, you little brat. Lay told me how unselfish you are, and that reminded me of someone very important to me. Lets just say i felt a little guilty for behaving badly to you because of that. But don’t believe i will go easier on you kid. You still need training, and i will make sure you turn strong enough, okay? Then perhaps you can protect people as well.”

 

Chen smiled, a happy smile, with glittering eyes. A chance to get to protect, and a chance to perhaps be able to get to know Xiumin better. Maybe one day Xiumin would warm up him to enough to tell him his story, and then Chen would be very happy. But until then he was happy with what he got. Something about Xiumin was so intriguing, it was pulling him in and drawing him closer, eve though he didn’t know the boy. And to be honest, Chen didn’t really care of way. He just wanted to more know. 

 

 

 

Once they were out of the cursed forest, both Xiumin and Chen let out a breath they didn’t know that had been holding. They both laughed a little at the coincidence, eyes crinkling. 

 

”I don’t like that forest” Chen let out honestly. ”I usually love them, but that was just weird.”

 

Xiumin nodded. ”I feel the same. The forest of the cursed is one of the worst parts of the dark side of the planet, and the school is located here to prevent this part of the woods to spread further. You are not allowed to go inside the forest without permission, but since you didn’t know the rules i will let it slide. But if you walk way like that agan, tricking Luhan and everyone else, i will punish you there efter. Understood?”

 

Chen nodded profusely. ”Yes, understood.”

 

”KIM ING JONGDAE CHEN YOU LITTLE PIECE OF !”

 

”YAH I DON*T LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE TRICK ME.”

 

Chen quickly turned to the sound of the voices, seeing the rest of his protecters come running, with a creaming Lay and Luhan as leaders. 

 

”I am dead” Chen squeaked out, and Xiumin ing laughed as reply. 

 

”Yeah, you most likely are, but don’t worry i’ll protect you. I am assigned to protect you, after all. Even from scary Lay and terrifying Luhan.”

 

Chen blushed, once more, and hit Xiumin’s arm. ”This is just my luck” he grumbled out and Xiumin laughed again.

 

Chen groaned and hit his head repeatedly on Xiumin’s shoulder.

 

ing fantastic.

 

Author’s note:

Waddup people?^^. Here was a little Xiuchen moment, and Xiumin warming up a bit to Chen. Something about someone special, hmm, i wonder where this is going ahhahaha. Thank you for reading by the way, and i have loved every comment i have gotten. They are all precious <3 

Thank you, and enjoy.