THE uNFORTUNATE vISITOR!!!

Ashford High School Host Club

Chatter. Chatter.
In a room filled with chattering rich teenagers in a rich private school, sat a less fortunate or as the rich say, a poor person or a commoner, who had his/her books opened and his/her pencils scribbling on the paper forming letters and numbers.
That person paused for a few seconds then finished the small equation that his/her wrote. That commoner closed his/her book, placed his/her paper in the binder and hooked his/her pencil into the binder as well.
The commoner stood up and walked out of the room.

.::Commoner’s point of view::.
My name is Noel and I’m 15 years old.
I have short boyish brown hair and long bangs covering my face. I don’t wear the Ashford uniform so I just wore a black sweater over a white shirt and black jeans.
And the reason is because I’m not stinking rich like the others. I have a scholarship here at Ashford and I think that I’m the second scholar here this year.
You can call me poor, a commoner or whatever other names rich people use for the commoners because it’s true.
Poor? Yeah, if you are stinking rich.
Commoner? Yeah, I go to commoner shops and live in a commoner house.
Less fortunate? Yeah, I don’t have servants or anything. Actually, it’s quite the opposite but… you don’t really want to hear that story.
My favorite subject? Music… and English but I prefer Music more.
Basically, my life is music. Without it, I’d probably be a lump of flesh with no emotions. That’s how I cure my sadness or hide it. And that’s why I carry my iPod everywhere I go.
My least favorite subject? None really.
I have a deal that includes my scholar ship; I have to keep up the good grades in order to stay here at Ashford. So once I study every subject, I have an interest in it.
My family? Nothing much you want to hear about.
If I start talking about my family, I’d probably explode with anger. Here are the basics: I have a father, a soon-to-be stepmother, biological brothers and sisters and soon-to-be stepsisters.
I sighed.
Well… dear Mother in heaven, I had finally made my way up and entered Ashford High School on my own and being the second one to have a scholarship.
How are you doing?
As usually, my soon-to-be stepmother is still as bad as before. Well, I have go study since the exams are almost coming.
Let’s see, a quite room to study in... oh! The 3rd Music Room!

.::Back to normal point of view::.
As Noel turned the golden knob of the door, rose petals went past her nose. She stepped inside and closed the door. Noel looked down while still standing at the door and put her binder on a table next to the door.
“Welcome!” said a group of voices altogether.
Noel looked up, with her brown bangs still covering her face. “Wha...?”
“Oh, it’s a guy…” stated two similar voices.
Oh… those green-eyed twins with spiky ginger hair who are in my class.
“Age 15, 1st year, class A. The second student to have a scholarship and a commoner,” said a black-haired guy with glasses as he continued to read the information in his clipboard.
A guy with glasses, grey eyes and an incredible source of information.
“Oh! So that’s the second person to have a scholarship!”
A small blondie with brown eyes (who looked like he should be in elementary school instead of high school) clutching a pink bunny and riding on a really tall black-haired black-eyed guy’s neck.
“Oh! A commoner with a scholarship! Just like Nicole! Welcome!”
Another blonde guy but much taller than the first one and with bright blue eyes.
Noel attention turned to the guy who had glasses as if he was going to do something. Her ice-cold blue eyes travelled around the room, looking at the different people. When she saw the blonde guy again with that “look” in his eyes, she freaked out. She turned around fiddling with the door knob but forgot that it was locked from the outside.
“Name: Noel…” said the guy with glasses.
“Ugh! H-How do you know my name?”
“Not many people know that name since Nicole, the first scholar, has already taken that place so I had to dig up some information from the office.”
“So Noel is your name, huh?” The blonde guy got up from his chair and began walking towards her. She nodded. “Tell me, how did you come upon here?” He leaned towards Noel, blue eyes wide.
“I-I just looked at the sign saying that it’s the 3rd Music Room.”
“Ah, I see... Music is your favorite subject. How do you keep up your studies?”
“I don’t know. I just do…”
“Hm... interesting.” He stood up straight with his thumb on his chin with a confused look on his face. What’s there to be confused about?
“Noli, Noli! You’re just like Nikki!” Noel gave a confused look at the young blonde boy jumping and pulling her arm.
“I’m… just like... Nikki? And who are you calling ‘Noli’?! I’m Noel!” Then, she began running towards the door. “Excuse me but I have to find a quite place to study!”
Then, the door knob turned and in came brown-haired Nicole. “What’s with all the commotion about, guys?”
Noel bumped into Nicole and Noel fell against the table where the binder was and the binder pushed against a vase with two handles and was painted with very good detail off the table. Noel quickly turned and leaned forward to catch the vase by one of the handles and did.
“Phew! That was close… hey, what’s in this thing? It’s pretty heavy.” She lifted the vase a bit and was about to stand up but the fragile handle broke off the vase and it came crashing against the floor.
At first, Noel blinked a few times to let the scene sink in then gave a miserable look.
“Ah… another vase broken. And it was also for the auction going for 90 million.” The guy with glasses sighed.
“9-90 million?! I-I’ll try to pay for it if you’ll give me the time…”
“How can you pay for it –” asked one of the twins.
“– when you can’t even afford a uniform?” continued the other one.
“Uh...”
“What’s wrong?” Nicole walked towards the twins. When she saw the broken vase, she said, “Oh... another person like me.”
“Remember the saying?” Noel turned around to see the blonde guy sitting down in his chair, one leg over the other and had a very satisfied look on his face.
“Huh?” Noel stared at the guy as if he was crazy.
“When in Rome, do as the Romans do! If you don’t have cash, pay with your body.”
“You mean… from this day on, you want me to...”
“Be the Host Club Dog!” the blonde guy finished for her.
There was silence for awhile.
“This is too much...” Noel mumbled under her breath


“First...” said the blonde guy. Noel waited for him to finish. “Make us some commoner coffee!”
Noel sighed and walked towards the cabinets and got cups, instant coffee and hot water. She poured the coffee and water into the cups then stirred it and placed it onto the tray.
“Hi! You’re the one who broke the vase, right?” Noel looked up.
There stood Nicole.
“Yeah.”
“Don’t worry! I’ve been through this before. I was the first one to experience it. By the way, I’m Nicole, a scholar like you.”
“Nice to meet you. I’m Noel. You said that you’ve been through this? As in, you also broke a vase?”
“Yup and it was 80 million. I couldn’t pay it so I had to work but they decided to make me a host and get 1000 customers.”
“Really? Lucky...”
“Don’t worry! Everything is going to work out. Well, I got to go host. See you later!”
Become a host and pay it off, huh?
“Noel, is the coffee ready yet?” called the blonde guy.
“Oh, yeah! It’s coming!” Noel took the tray of coffee and served it to everyone.


“Next, Noel! You are to sweep the floors,” the blonde guy ordered.
“Um… can you tell me your name because I really don’t know how to call you…”
“Oh! Of course! My name is Terrence.”
“Okay, Terrence.” Terrence?! As in the Headmaster’s son?! Oh no…
“Now, here’s the broom and here’s the pan. Now get to work!”
What’s with the sudden change of attitude?
Noel sighed and went to the upper left corner of the room to begin sweeping. Meanwhile, at the opposite corner of the room, there sat the twins looking at her.
“To think that there would be someone to suffer the same fate Nicole did in the beginning, huh, Kenri?”
“Yeah… but Nicole wasn’t like this. Why does Noel have bangs hiding his face, Henri?”
Apparently, the twins didn’t know that Noel was a girl… yet.
“I don’t know but I have a feeling that we’re going to need to give him a makeover sooner or later,” said Kenri.
Henri sighed. “For someone to suffer the same fate as Nicole...”
Wait for it… here it comes… the ultimate idea! And here it is! The twins grinned then smirked. They got up and walked towards the guy with glasses.
“Hey, hey! Senior Cain, let’s make a bet!” said the twins together.
“A bet, huh? About what?” the guy with glasses, Cain, asked.
“We are going to make Noel a Host Club member,” said Kenri.
“Noel a host member… then she would have to gain customers to work the debt off.”
Apparently, Cain knew that Noel was a girl.
“Are you with us or not?” Henri asked.
“Hm... it’s also a way to earn more money... I’m in.”
“Hey! What are you guys talking about?” asked the small blondie, ridding on the tall guy’s strong shoulders.
“Oh! Senior Honey! Senior Mori! We’re talking about a bet!” said the twins together.
“A bet? I want to be in it too!” said Honey, the small blondie.
“Okay, we think that Noel will be made a host member!”
“Oh! I’m with you! Aren’t you, Murray?” Honey looked down and saw Mori aka Murray, the tall guy, nodded. “Then, what about Terry?”
“Oh, him? He’s going to be on the other side.”
“So, Terry is going to be with the fact that Noli is not going to become a member?”
“Yup!”
“And if he loses the bet, he has to give us…” Henri, Kenri and the rest leaned in and they began to whisper.
“Hm… a fair amount,” said Cain.
“Good! Everyone agrees?”
They nodded.
“Everyone, think of a way to make Noel a member!” Then, everyone left to do their own thing.
Wait, did Cain call Noel a…?  thought Henri. He just shrugged off the feeling of whatever he felt and went to join Kenri.
Then, the brothers looked at Noel who was already done sweeping the room and whipping her brow but turned around before Kenri or Henri could see her face.
Two goals; make Noel a member and win the bet… and see his face, thought the twins.