Of Melons and Men

Of Melons and Men

Kangin had never felt this way before. He was practically a mess. He would zone out, wouldn't give it his all when rehearsing, and make careless mistakes all the time (now Donghae starts crying whenever they make eye contact and this causes either Eunhyuk or Heechul to glare at him whilst comforting the fishy). And he couldn't care less.

In fact, he loved all of this, and he loved it even more when they were together. He loved it went his palms got sweaty. He loved it when his throat constricted when he laid his eyes on the other; when he fumbled over his words right after. He loved how his heart would inevitably beat faster. He loved how the other made him blush like a school girl talking to her crush and that Kangin had the same effect on the other. He loved all the little things they would do (as cheesy as that sounds); all the pecks on the cheeks, holding each other, feeling safer in each other's presence. No matter how much Heechul would tease them, there wasn't anything in the world that would stop them from doing these things to show how much they care for each other. So it was that night when Kangin realized that he was in hopelessly in love. And that he needed to confess to none other than The Watermelon. 

Kangin had it all planned out. He would invite The Watermelon to their favorite restaurant, which he was on his way to, then confess. And if The Watermelon feels the same, (although, Kangin was positive he did; he was the one that came on to him) Kangin will get on one knee and propose to The Watermelon.

As Kangin walked to where they were meeting, he went there his plan over made over again. He stopped in front of the entrance, slightly hesitating as he pushed the door open. And he saw the one that was always on his mind. 

"Wow," he found it difficult to breath. The Watermelon looked simply majestic. The Watermelon's rind appeared smoother than usual, and the normally dull green was a shinee, rich shade of green. The Watermelon turns and notices Kangin staring.

"Oh, hi Kangin~. I was starting to worry that you weren't show up," The Watermelon said with a joking manner, trying to ease the other's nervousness. 

"I wouldn't miss this date for anything in the world. In fact, I was going to wait but when I saw you I decided to tell you right away," Kangin got down on his knees to be eye level with the other who was sitting down, "The Watermelon, I'm in love with you." 

The Watermelon's face contorted in shock as Kangin continued, "I am, without a doubt, in love with you. When I look at you, my heart does a little dance and I always smile and I realize how lucky I am to have you. I truly and deeply love you and I know you feel the same. So, will you marry me?"

A lonely tear ran down The Watermelon's front as Kangin held onto the sides of the fruit. "I love you too; of course I'll mar-" a loud slam cut off The Watermelon's sentence. And there, at the entrance stood the leader of Super Junior.

"STOP, GULL, IN THE NAME OF LOVE~!" Leeteuk shouted as he ran towards the couple.

"Hyung? What are you doing here?!" Kangin questioned his elder. But the leader chose to ignore him and turned to The Watermelon. 

"The Watermelon, you cannot marry him! I love you! I have loved you and always will! please accept my confession. Forget about Kangin; I'll make you happy." 

"I'm sorry but I love Kangin, what he and I have is special," the fruit rejected the eldest man.

Leeteuk stood with the shock apparent on his lovely features. He threw an angry glance towards Kangin, who has been quiet throughout the whole thing.

"Okay, fine," he chocked out, but then exclaimed angrily, "BUT IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, NOBODY CAAAANNNN~~~!" 

As though in slow motion, Leeteuk turned to The Watermelon and reluctantly shoved his hands forward, pushing The Watermelon to the ground. The fruit smashed into pieces as it collided with the carpeted floor, it's juicy insides landing everywhere. 

All Kangin could do was stare at his hyung until he snapped. "NOOOOO! OH MY SHISUS! How could you?! I loved The Watermelon in a way I have never loved anyone before. And you, you took him away from me." 

"Kangin, I'm sorry sorry sorry sorry." Leeteuk sung softly while putting his arms around the other, consoling him. "Please forgive me," he whispered into Kangin's ear.

Leeteuk pulled away from the embrace and looked at Kangin. Kangin returned the gaze. Then suddenly, he leaned towards the elder and softly pressed his lips against Leeteuk's.

"You're forgiven," Kangin said against his lips then returned his lips to the other's, kissing him once again, deepening it this time. 

*~*~*~*

At a graveyard, there stood to men, clad in black. The blonde man stepped forward, placing a bouquet of various flowers in front of the grave. The darker haired man joined him, sprinkling watermelon seeds on the grave. And they stood there, mourning the death of their shared love. 

"L-lets go, hyung. The other's will begin to worry if we get home too late." Kangin, the blonde, said, his voice raspy from crying. 

The dark haired man, Leeteuk, could only nod as they walked back to their dorm. On the way there, they passed a fruit vendor. A huge watermelon sat on display, and the men could only stare as memories from the past month flashed through their mind.

"We'll never forget you, The Watermelon."

 

 

 

 

Pure crack. I think I was on crack while writing this O_o. It was short but okay, I hoped y'all liked it ^_^ Sorry for any mistakes and thankyu for reading ^_^