The Simple Things...

The Simple Things...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Onew's POV:

 

"Jinki. Jinki, answer me please! Jinki!" I heard someone's voice faintly, calling my name incessantly. I stirred slightly and slowly opened my eyes, curious to know whose voice that was. It was a soft, beautiful boyish voice. Quite high pitched for a male voice, yet so husky and gentle. It sounded so familiar, yet I couldn't put my finger on it. It was pitch black around me. I was sure I had opened my eyes. Then why is it still so dark that I don't see anything?...

 

"Jinki!" again that same voice, uttering my name urgently. I turned my head around, trying to judge where the voice came from. Slowly, an image came into existence. A young man sitting alone crouched with his face hidden in his hands. Faint sobs emanating from him. I couldn't recognize him, but I somehow felt an urgent need to reach out to him and comfort him.

 

"Who are you?" I said and walked forward towards him. There was no reply from him. It was like he hadn't even heard me.

 

"Who are you? Why are you crying?" I raised my voice a little. He still continued sobbing, unaware of my existence even. I reached forward to him to try to shake him and let him know I was talking to him. But...I couldn't touch him. I tried so many times but, my hand just went through him. I looked at my hands, shocked. Why could I not touch him? I tried to grab him with both my hands this time, in vain. My hands just went through him again.

 

"Wha-what's this..." I didn't understand what was happening, and felt slightly panicky. The next thing I knew, I was in a dark place again. I saw a faint glow some way ahead of me. I started walking towards it. It kept moving away the more I walked towards it. I tried to look around to make out where I was. I could only see large dark trees everywhere. I wondered if I was in a forest of some kind. But, what was that white glowing light? I picked up my pace in hope to be able to get nearer to it. But, it moved farther away with every step I took towards it. 

 

Suddenly, I heard his tearful voice again. "Jinki..." This time his voice sounded weak. As if he was losing hope. I felt an urgency, an attraction towards this unknown person

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter