final

Blossom Tears

A/n: I just love this song to much that I want to make it into a story with my favourite pair. There’ll be a lot of narration and maybe a bit boring since I’m bad with dialogue. Hope you like it. Love you all. Warning!! It hasn’t proofread!!

 

 

 

Light brushes of pencil against a paper can be heard through the spacious room of old wooden floor and red-bricked wall. A queen bed placed in the middle of the room next to several mannequins in beautiful dress with some sketches splattered on the wall as the wallpaper.

Across from the bed, there is a man drowning himself in the beautiful curves and lines of dress. Focusing on his piece of art, he doesn’t realize the soft thud of bed and the light footsteps behind him. A pair of tiny hands blackened his vision in no time startling him, his lips twitch upward knowing who the culprit is.

“I already have a girlfriend, don’t you dare to flirt with me,” his hand stops due to the ministration, won’t ruin his work as he already know what the culprit is up to.

“I won’t tell her. Let’s have some fun!” the velvety voice reaches his ear in a failed seductive tone.

“Maybe next time, my dearests muse…”

A firm hand reaches up the tiny hand in his right and brings it down to his lips, kissing each of her knuckles gently, while the other tiny hand let its looses from his eyes. When he is able to adjust his vision again, he is greeted with a soft-looking angel sitting beside him. A small smile graces her lips as he looks at her, revealing a deep indent on her right cheek.

“What are you making this time?” he reluctantly pulls her hand which he deems comfort held in his much bigger hand before letting go the said hand whose fingers carefully brushed along the lines of his drawing.

“A wedding dress?” she looks up searching the countenance in her boyfriend gaze.

“What do you think?” he holds the paper in the air, taking a few glances between the paper and the smiling girl in front of him, before dropping the paper back in its original place and brushing a few lines on the drawing.

“I like this frilly thing more,” she takes a pencil and points it on the skirt, brushing a few curves on it.

“It looks perfect now.”

“Really?”

She snatches the paper from his grip before he can muster a reply to her teasing, and she immediately makes a few steps away from the man. But it only takes two long strides to reach the giggling girl and wraps his arm over her waist pulling her body closer to his to share the sketch together.

“Do you like it?” he asks, resting his head on the lean bonny shoulders of hers.

“No.”

She shakes her head lightly but the dimpling smile is still plastered on her delighted yet flushing face. The man snatches his paper back and holds it up so that the girl can’t reach it, dodging her grabby hands and turning some more while laughing playfully at the pouty face she made because she was being played, but again the smile never leaves her.

“I want to see it more...” she pleads toeing a little higher to grab the paper, but the long arm still holds the paper high.

“You said you don’t like. I won’t show it to you again,” he playfully turns so that the girl was facing his back, but the persistent hands are following his movement and now sneaking along his sides grabbing at the empty air.

“I’m just joking...”

“Nope.”

“You big meannie.”

“But still, you love me more.”

“In your dream.”

She heartily said before a strong hand shoved her down on the cold floor. She doesn’t look up too stunned at was happening. Bringing her trembling fingers over her right wrist which collided hardly on the wooden surface, she silently remains in the position, afraid at what might happen when she makes a rusty movement.

 

 

 

 

There is no word of apologies and jokes anymore.

 

The room goes more silent as it already has before.

 

***

 

 

“Why did your hurt her?”

 

“She pissed me of.”

 

“She meant no harm. Why did you do that!”

 

“She’s just the same like the others.”

 

 

 

“She’s different.”

 

***

 

“Where does he go? Ugh, I’m so lonely.” She pouts.

She carefully places the guitar down on its holder and takes the scattered music sheets on the bed before stuffing all of them inside her bag neatly. She throws herself on the dark brown sheet with a soft thud and stares blankly at the ceiling like it is the most interesting thing in the room. She holds her arms up reaching for the ceiling, but of course, it is way too far to be reached by short arms like hers.

While her mind wanders around at the blank ceiling before she averts her gaze at the little scratch on the right wrist which completely healed by now, her thought is wondering what was happened two days ago. It hurts to understand but she just shrugs it off like nothing had happened and pulls herself up, sitting on the edge of bed.

Dangling her feet in boredom, she makes a beeline towards a white dress wore on the mannequin which she unfortunately ignored the moments she had stepped inside the room. Her eyes rakes on every curves and lines on the dress as she tried to remember where she has seen this dress before, while brushing a feathery touch on the delicate satin and georgette with a lot of frills along the waist until the end of the dress. The frills? And suddenly it clicks; it is the drawing of the white wedding dress. A big not-so-lady-like-grin shows on her face followed by a light pink tint adorning her cheeks.

“Why he didn’t tell me about this? What a meannie!” she purses her lips but the twinkle in her eyes can tell how happy she is despite her harsh remark.

She was smiling while looking at the dress again and again before her eyes lands on a piece of paper on the table. Reading the paper silently and pouts a little at the late message she has just received due to her dead phone, telling that her boyfriend was out for buying a new silk.

“Not so romantic of him,” the corner of her lips curves as she eyes the paper.

She put the paper back on the table. She swirls around, the giggles was still evident in her voice as she spots some pills splattered on corner of the room, curious, she bends down eyeing the red and white pills on the floor before taking one of the glass bottles with nameless med and sniffing it but she can’t define what was in there. She sighs as she collects the pills and throws them on the dustbin, while she places the bottles back in the drawer.

“What a lousy woonie, “she murmured.

 

As she makes her way towards her bag which was on the floor besides the bed, she saw a white box with red ribbon sitting on the night stand. She tried to remember the last time she was here, but she couldn’t picture any box there. Maybe the other time before, but still she couldn’t remember any box left there.

Does this box is here before? 

Why do I have never seen it?

Her finger lingers over the line of the box with curiosity. It was just yesterday that she has stormed off of his apartment without any words. It was hard not hate him; it was hard to not come back to him. It was hard not to answer his call, so she did, and his was forgiven. She thinks it was fine after stepping back in his apartment again, the hurt was still there. Coming back to him without any explanation, it hurts for not knowing anything, but the other just apologized and it was enough for her to hug him back, to reciprocate his kiss, and to be loved by him, again. 

Does it really enough?

It likes he loves me, but not.

She darts her fingers to the corner of the box before pulling it up to take a glimpse of what was inside, but the box is never opened up because there is a firm hold on the other side of the box. She is a bit startled as she turns her head to the left side and there, his boyfriend looking so distressful and horrified holding the box down.

What’s with that expression, babe? 

What are you hiding from me?

She blinks a few times to regain her expression, before she put on her best dimpling smile at her boyfriend who was stilled in his spot, holding the box with trembled yet firm grip.

“I know you’re such a meannie, but why didn’t you tell me that this beautiful dress has done, huh!!” she spins around and makes a way to the said dress which was placed in the centre of the room.

“Do I look like a bride if I wear this?” She laughs heartily and stands herself beside the mannequin.

“Do I look good on it?”

She makes some silly poses tugging on the frills, the laugh never died down accompanied with the dimple on her right cheek and the crescent eyes adorning her angelic face. The lies and the insecurities are covered by her smile which she hopes he never realized,

I won’t look at your horrified expression,

I’ll pretend that you’re smiling along with me.

 

 

 

 

“Tell me, I’m beautiful, Woon-niee…”

 

 

What am I to you?

Please, tell me so that I can love you more than enough.

 

***

 

“Why don’t you get rid of the box?”

 

“I want her to know about who you are.”

 

“Does it have to be this way?”

 

“Because you had overstepped the line!”

 

 

“WHAT?”

 

 

 

 

“You love her. YOU ING LOVE HER! DON’T LIE TO ME!!!”

 

***

 

It was late in the afternoon that he is the first one to wake up. Blinking the sleepiness away, he tries to move his body up but the weight atop his chest restrained him for doing so. He trails his eyes to the source of weight and warmth on his left, finding the sleeping beauty who seems in her wonderland despite her steady breath and habit to curl herself on his side like a baby koala hugging its dear life on a tree.

This kind of angel who always shows her cheerful side and infects happiness to her surrounding like a deathly virus, managed to get his guard down; even he doesn’t want to admit, her playfulness and curiosity almost made him lose control. This kind of woman who never dares to ask any questions about his misbehave or his silent answer, it is enough for her to put her smile back and pretend that it was okay as she doesn’t care about that.

What kind of woman are you?

Does it really okay?

Do I hurt you that much?

Will you be okay to love me?  

His hand makes its way toward her face, but the hand never gets to touch the soft skin as it retracts back and lies on his stomach, before a tiny hand grabs his bigger hand and brings them back to the head of the sleeping figure and holds it there with the little force she can muster at the moment. It is a tentative touch on her face before he caresses her face with all the jumbled thought inside his already ed-up brain. Before he can touch her more, he pulls his body up into a sitting position and brings his body away from the bed, away from her touch, away from her love.

Don’t love me more than this..

because I will hurt you…

even I’m hurt…

He angrily walks to his working table rummaging through the scattered drawing sheets and pictures of the girl on the bed, swiping some papers and letting them fall on the dirty floor. He keeps on making a mess on his table until a pair of tiny hand which he already familiar with wrapped his shoulder in a secure yet comforting hug.

 

“You’ll be fine. I promise,” she rests her head on his shoulder as she hugged him from behind.

 

Can I trust you, love?

It was the least he can say through the unspoken utterance before the comfort warmth takes his mind away.

 

 

It only rang once before the other line picked up his call. The soft yet velvety voice was enough for him to tug his corner lips upward and grinned like an idiot.

“Hey. Come home early, I have something for you,” he said excitedly.

“I will, don’t you dare to prank me again or I hate you more,” he chuckled at her sentiment.

“You’ll love more after this. I promise.”

“What a liar!” she jokingly said.

“Don’t be late or you won’t get anything,” he threatened her, but his smile was still there.

“I will. Stop nagging like my mom!” he laughed at the harsh words threw on him.

“Love you.”

“I love you, Jung Taekwoon.”

It was the last conversation he gets even the promise has been made between those two young lovebirds, because the moment he entered the apartment; it was a total mess inside. Books were scattered around the floor along with the pillow and much more things are moving from its respective places to the cold wooden floor. The other pair of white horse is already gone, leaving the white bigger horse on the night stand. As he walked towards the white box, he noticed a paper lain on top of it. He reached the paper and read its content as the bucket of his roses fell just like how his heart fell from its place and broken in tiny pieces on the cold floor of reality.

I wish for your happiness and dreams,

I wish I could stay beside you,

I wish I could love you like I did before,

I wish I will always love you, Jung Taekwoon.

 

 

He jolts awake at the same nightmare which was haunting him for over two years ago. The same scene and setting, even the dialog never changes even just a word. His breath is a bit unsteady, as he takes on his surrounding; only knowing that the sun has already set and the bed is empty. He takes one more glance around the room but still there is no sign of the girl, his woman.

Where is she?

He stands up abruptly from his chair, brushing some paper and books to splatter on the floor along his aimless walk and ragged breath sporting a horrified expression before pushing a high chair and dropping some books atop of it, jabbing the dark brown sheet like it is a ridiculous thing ever which need to get ridden out from earth, kicking his mannequins like they were nothing but pieces of trash. Slamming himself down on his mattress like he’s nothing but a junk of meat with a little brain and unfortunate kind of love disguised as loyalty and trust, happiness and joy. He’s furious. He’s desperate.

Does she leave me? 

What did I do wrong this time?

He thrashes his head, feeling dizzy and hurt; his ed-up brain doesn’t help to soothe his pain or mend his broken heart. His reverie has been brought back to reality by a clicked twist of door knob in the bathroom, revealing the girl he’s been searching for like a mad man.

She takes a glance around the now messy room with the man standing in front of her, looking horribly desperate and frustrated. Their eyes met in uneasiness, before she makes a few small steps towards the man.

She doesn’t question anything nor say a single word, just walks to him and buries her face to his firm chest, circling her hands around his waist to give some comfort to her boyfriend. She his back in a soothing manner and let the man rests his head on her shoulder. Tightening her hug, she whispered softly on his chest, her voice was muffled but is still can be heard from the short distance of their bodies.

 

 

“I won’t leave you. I love you, Jung Taekwoon.”

 

***

 

“I do believe that you love me, baby. Now I got your heart. You’ll never leave me again,” hugging a glass jar to his body dearly.

 

“Why did you do that?” he silently cries slumping his body on the cold marbled floor of his bathroom.

 

“Did what?” he carefully sets the jar down and walks to the bathtub, leaning his body on it.

 

“Don’t be stupid! She didn’t do anything wrong!!” he shouts his heart out.

 

“She’s just the same like them. She’ll leave whenever she likes,” he nuzzles his nose along the contour of the delicate hand.

 

“She’s different. She loves us,” whisper’s coming along with a sobbing voice.

 

“It’s never been us, she loves Jung Taekwoon not me” he kisses the palm of the now already cold pale hand.

 

“Don’t be blind! You do love her too. Stop being a jerk!”

 

“I love her? Maybe be that’s the reason why I took her heart.” he kisses her pale knuckles.

 

“I was in love with her,” the soft cries were muffled by his hands.

 

 

 

“Maybe I do too,” a streak of tear rolling down on his cheek as he kissed the back of her hand for the last time that night.

 

FIN.