Finale.

The Beauty & the Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The Beauty & the Beast[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Bae Suzy had an almost perfect life. Having a caring father, a wealthy household and together with her two sisters Sora and Seonyeon, they were the talk of the city thanks to their breathtaking beauty.

 

Since a young age, they were taught how to read, write and talk like ladies, and they learned how to sew. They had the best teachers, from house chores to art and science.

 

The best couturiers came daily to show off their designs, a thing that Sora and Seonyeon loved. Their daily routine was shopping and walking around the city, gossiping about other merchant’s daughters and humiliating any man that dared proposing to them.

 

What they hated the most were poor people, ugly people and richer people. They wanted to believe there weren’t better than them. But what they hated the most was their little sister Suzy, who was not only much more beautiful, but way more cultivated and had a heart of gold.

 

Suzy, unlike her sisters, spent her days reading books. She didn’t hesitated helping the maids doing house chores, but also helped her father in his job and took good care of him. And unlike her sister, everyone in town, from rich to poor adored her. She was indeed a kid with a heart of gold.

 

Their father is a merchant; he had the luck of his life by making good money with his own effort, marrying the most beautiful women in Joseon, and having daughters that made a gem not worthy of its value.

 

Unfortunately, life is fair enough to make each person taste the ups as much as the downs.

That day he walked to his room to find his eldest daughters facing him with an unpleasant face.

 

Is it true dad? We won’t even be able to afford our food. Sora asked, still not believing.

Mr. Bae, with sorrow nodded.

You have to do something about it dad, I’m not going to be an unworthy poor now. Seonyeon yelled frustrated.

 

Their father was unable to answer, it was the first time his daughter ever raised her voice.

What is happening in here? Suzy ran from her room, being stuck with a good book the entire day, she had no idea what was going on. Finally our princess shows. Sora said, mocking her sister. Suzy-ah, her father started, I’m sorry honey.

 

It wasn’t out of blue that Suzy was her father’s favorite. Suzy bend down next to her father, taking his hand in hers.

Tell me father, what is going on? The goods that were supposed to come from India today … the boat was attacked by Chinese pirates. (He sighed). I investigated all my money in it.

Suzy understood what her father meant. They are now left with no money at all.

 

We have to move to our house in the countryside after tomorrow, this house will be sold to pay our debts.

 

He received support from Suzy and promised her father to wake up early to pack, while her sisters kept on nagging, sobbing and cursing their misfortune.

 

The next day was hard for Suzy. She ended up packing alone all their stuffs while her father went to meet a potential buyer. The sisters were hanging around the town for the last time. They also hoped some men that proposed to them before will do it again, and they get married, and stay here. To their misfortune, no one gave them a single attention while they were broken. It was payback time for every person who was stepped on by them.

 

They deserve every pain they go through, they thought that their wealth would last forever?

 

I was under the spell of their beauty to propose back then, seeing how mean and impolite they are, I regained my sense.

 

 

No one would ever propose to broken devils, but … their little sister is an angel.

 

She doesn’t deserve any of this!

 

 

I would be happy to have her as my wife, stay by her side and protect her.

 

That was the different responses to their situation.

 

Many young men, from rich to poor knocked on their door that evening. They all proposed to Suzy. Making her sisters boil with jealousy and hate.

 

Suzy-a, one of those gentlemen can be your fate. Don’t think about this old man, I would be happier to see you in your house, far from my misery.

 

He patted her head, a tear in his eyes. Despite his love for his youngest daughter, he thought marrying her to a kind and reliable gentleman would ease his pain, seeing what he would go through.

I’m still young father; it was the only excuse she found.

 

 

Their days in the countryside were torture to Sora and Seonyeon. They didn’t do a thing, and were completely bored. They walked around the tiny village, after waking up at noon and spending two hours getting dolled up.

 

Suzy, on the other hand, was always waking up at down, preparing breakfast for her father who then leave to operate his little farm. Indeed, to survive, he became a farmer. Suzy spent her days cleaning and cooking, to her it was a hard experiment she would survive from it.

 

Sora and Seonyeon, seeing their maknae singing and having a grand time working, thought she lost her mind, also seeing their father complementing her made them hating her more.

 

It was a regular day. Mr. Bae came home with a letter in his hand. The two oldest, thinking that it might be good news about their lost goodies, were already making plans on the life back to the city.

 

Their father’s frowns made it seem like terrible news; Sora snapped the paper from her father’s hand to read it. She was jumping and screaming in joy.

What does it say? Suzy asked.

 

Receiving no answer made her snapping the letter to read it. Her face looked like her father’s.

If you visit the borders, you might meet with the authority that found a sinking ship in the Chinese waters? She asked and her father nodded. You can’t go father, the situation is really bad. What will I do if I lose you too?

 

She was holding into her father, crying in his arms. Seoyeon tore her apart from their father and made her facing her.

Don’t be silly Suzy, what could ever happen to him? She is right, we need our wealth back; we can’t live this way forever.

Sora backed Seonyeon, indeed, what mattered most to them was their own good.

 

Your sisters are right Suzy-a. I can’t just let my daughters live this way.

 

After many objections their dad left, leaving them the house and each other if he never make it. Sora and Seonyeon, begged their dad to buy them hanboks (traditional dresses) jewelry, and some souvenirs from china. The dad, seeing his youngest quiet asked what she desired.

Please come back to us dad. Aigoo, my baby daughter is worried, I’ll if you ask me to bring you something.

 

After insisting, she asked him to bring her a red rose. He knew that she didn’t dare asking like her sisters in case he had nothing left. Her sisters, thinking she was doing this to show off, hated her more than ever.

 

Days walked by, a week, two, a month and still nothing from Mr. Bae.

 

While Suzy worried alone besides doing the chores and working in the farm and feeding the cows, her sisters were impatiently anticipating their big come back to the city.

 

Suzy was on her way home when she noticed a man laying on the ground. To her surprise, it was her father, fainted from the long trip.

 

Sora and Seonyeon only cared about the presents their father brought, a huge box that Suzy missed when she found her father. They were trying the dresses and jewelery completely ignorant to their father’s state. He should be thankful his youngest stood by his side two days at row. She was the first person he saw when he regained conscience.

 

It was a pleasant surprise for her to be greeted by a breakfast and a living father.

 

His eldest daughters greeted him with a fancy hanbok, and not so caring face. He looked at his youngest to see her in a simple old dress.

Suzy-a, your father brought so many things, why didn’t you change? It’s alright father, I can’t tend to the house with fancy dress.

She smiled. And Mr. Bae remembered his daughter’s request.

Suzy-a, here is your request.

He handed her a big red rose, she could swear she never saw better.

Father, thank you very much.

That earned her a glare from her sisters.

I’m glad you like it; it cost this old man’s life.

That sentence caught Suzy’s mind.

What do you mean father? I’m glad I’m leaving my daughters wealthy, it ease my mind.

The other two looked at him dumbfounded.

 

 

The old man shared his story:

 

He arrived to find the goods were stolen from China, the authority requested for compensation, and he ended up poorer than he already was. On his way back, it rained a lot, and the wind was too strong for his horse to continue his walk. By instinct, the horse run, with the old man on his back, to the opposite direction, and ended up in front of a big size house that he mistook for a castle. The house was shiny, and when he knocked on the door, it opened by itself inviting the man inside its warmth.

 

Food was served, and despite his calls for maids or the owner, no one came. He invited himself since he was starving. After dinner, he walked around, hoping to meet someone, to find a prepared room for him. The minute he closed his eyes, he fell asleep.

 

The next morning, he found new clothes hanging in his room. Breakfast was served in the same place he dined in.

 

As he was standing on the door, ready to leave, he shouted his thanks for the owner. He was going out when he stopped on his tracks, noticing a green garden full of roses of all colors. His youngest daughter’s request popped on his mind, he thought one rose won’t harm anyone. And so, gave himself freedom to take one.

 

The next thing he remembered was seeing a long white haired man with green eyes – not the natural color; he had long nails and a weird voice.

How dare you touching my precious roses when I saved you from absolute death yesterday? I’m sorry sir; I didn’t think such a slight move would anger your generosity. You have to pay for it with your life! The beast, without mercy, lifted his hand to take down the old man’s life. Please, save me. Please.

He was begging on his knees.

I have three girls; they have nothing left in this world except of me. Three girls?

The beast took a moment to think.

Let me say goodbye to them at least, I give you my word I’ll be back. I’ll give you a better option!

Mr. Bae wasn’t sure what he wanted.

I’ll give the chance to take with you home whatever you want. Clothes, jewels, whatever you like from the house, but … But? You have to come back here in a week to take your punishment. You said you have girls. (The man nodded). I give you the chance to save your life, if any of your daughters sacrifices herself instead of her father. What? He was in disbelief. It is how you heard it. You can think all the way to your house. Also, whatever you want to take, put in the box in the room you slept in. it’ll be in front of your eyes the minute you arrive.

 

Thought it was an easy choice for the man, he was the old person that his life would end sooner than later, his daughters were still young and they can benefit from the goods he will bring them.

I give you my word.

The beast went inside, while the man followed and took whatever he found on his way.[/CONTENTID2]

 

 

[CONTENTID3]

I knew it, something bad will occur because of you, ungrateful thing. She wanted to show off, and requested a red rose. Miss, your stupid request caused our father’s life!!

They pretended to sob, crying the death of their father that happened to be next to them.

Didn’t you hear that I can go instead of him?

Her sisters suddenly stopped crying. An incredible joy filled their hearts.

Suzy-a, you’re still coming to this world, your father is an old man that lived his life, whether I die now or later, it doesn’t matter. I won’t discuss it anymore father, I already made my decision. I’m sorry.

 

 

That week was the shortest to Suzy and her father, to her sisters, it was the longest. The time of farewell came, Suzy hopped on the horse ready to go despite her father’s pleading not to.

I love you father. Sora, Seonyeon, you were the best sisters I could ever have. Take care of father. Farwell.

Her sisters were doing a huge effort to shed some tears.

Suzy please. Mr. Bae pleaded for the last time.

It was useless, the hoarse walked on its own, like it knew the road to take.

 

She didn’t realize she was there until the horse stopped on its own. Her gaze was empty, thinking about her old man. “What will he do without her? Who will take care of him?”

 

She was amazed by the architecture that faced her. It was charming, beautiful and worthy of a king. It was night, but she could see everything thanks to its brightness. She co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter