sober's not the way I want my story to end

Riddle Me This
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I actually saved half of the chapter on AFF yesterday, but it wasn't complete and I didn't realize I didn't hide it after all so a lot of you probably read the first half already before I deleted it T_T But here is the actual complete chapter with more YulTi as the best/worst BFFs ever. Also, thank you to Serahh who played a huge part in motivating me to finish writing this chapter! 

 

Jessica was in her favourite leopard-printed pajamas and had finished two tubs of Baskin Robbins ice cream she had found in the fridge by midnight. Rum and raisin, her favourite. She made a mental note to thank Yuri later before she remembered that had been the last tub of ice cream, and decided not to after all. Yuri had eating habits and favourite foods about as outlandish as Seohyun’s, but the girl did love her ice cream.

Fortunately for Jessica, Yuri was drunk by the time she stumbled in the front door with Tiffany’s arm being the only thing holding her upright. Jessica was surprised. It was one in the morning, and far too early to be wasted already. Even Jessica held out longer than that on her average club-hopping escapades. Of course Tiffany was alright—Jessica was sure Tiffany’s liver was made of some indestructible solid metal—but Yuri was no lightweight herself. Then again, Jessica had surprised herself by not downing more than three drinks and had gotten home by eleven thirty so perhaps it was just the night itself that was full of surprises. She realized that she quite liked surprises in general. She wondered if Yuri would say something stupid while drunk and resolved to have her cellphone ready just in case. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon always appreciated a good old embarrassing photo or video.

“Can you help me close the door?” Tiffany tugged at Yuri’s dress to keep her upright as the taller girl swayed on her feet before almost crashing into the door and slamming it shut loudly. “Oomph—never mind.”

Jessica grimaced from her spot on the couch. “You two look like something the cat dragged in.”

“Jessi,” Tiffany said wearily with no little amount of impatience in her voice. “Please, make yourself useful and stop messing up Yul’s living room.”

“I am being perfectly useful,” Jessica blinked innocently. “I ate all of her ice cream so she won’t be tempted away from that awful diet of hers before her next competition.”

“Jessi.” Tiffany had a lot of patience when it came to certain matters, but it was obvious that she was disgruntled by now. Even her lips were straightened in annoyance.

“Oh, alright,” Jessica grumbled, getting off the couch to help Tiffany with Yuri who immediately slumped against her. Jessica stumbled back a step, grunting at the weight. “Oh, God. How much did she drink?”

“A little,” Yuri slurred, her head lolling against Jessica’s neck at a very awkward angle. Jessica gingerly pushed Yuri’s head back with one finger.

“A lot,” Tiffany said.

“Not much,” Yuri protested again, a little louder this time.

“Stop talking, your breath reeks of booze,” Jessica ordered, wrinkling her nose. “What got into her?”

“The cute bartender,” Tiffany said as an explanation.

Jessica waggled her eyebrows meaningfully.

“Not like that, you idiot,” Tiffany grunted as the both of them heaved the tall girl up the stairs between them. “I mean. She was trying to get his attention. Sooyoung suggested buying more drinks would give her more chances to talk to him, and Yuri’s....well, obviously she’s taken a strong liking to him.”

“He is cute,” Yuri agreed, sounding surprisingly sober before she gagged.

“Don’t you dare,” Tiffany said to her sternly as she pulled her along, her steps just a little faster now.

“Sooyoung’s a devil,” Jessica panted, hurriedly kicking open the door to Yuri’s bedroom. “What happened to her?”

“She passed out on the way back after trying to get me to strip so that we wouldn’t need to pay for the taxi.” Tiffany shook her head. Poor, long-suffering Tiffany, Jessica thought. She probably never thought she was being roped into more than a decade of babysitting troublemakers like them when she became friends with them in high school. Taeyeon and Tiffany had always been the responsible ones who automatically had to take over the mother hen roles to the group since they were….well, a bunch of noisy, exuberant girls, and now that Taeyeon was busy winning Daesangs and music award shows, Tiffany got the brunt of the work. “I got her through her front door and left her older sister to deal with her. I can’t take care of more than one drunk at a time.”

That explained it for Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter