Chapter 1

Soulmate - Kris' Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A pair black strapped stilettos clacked among the crowded. Brought its owner crossed the busy Incheon airport straight to the gate. The lady bear a brunette long wavy hair, no too thin body like what most of woman in twenties tried to maintain, but enough waist and , furthermore a pair of slender legs but a bit shaped calves emphasize its built as it was wrapped on a baby pink dress, matched with the lacy handbag. Her height was just about 160 cm. Her face screaming natural beauty as explained by a pair of beautiful doe eyes, natural curled not too long eyelashes, cute nose, cute lips cover in a light pink lipstick. She wore a light make-up just to protect her skin from ultraviolet. She walked across the crowd and reached the gate out, giving a courteous nod as the employee greeted her. Breathing the fresh air outside the airport, she then started to look around just to find a man in his mid twenties waved his hand to her, which she replied by a smile. The man had opened arms as she threw herself to him. Gave a tight hug. He smiled fondly as he released her, and ruffled her hair playfully making the lady to pout. He just chuckled, realized on how much he missed her.

“Welcome to South Korea, Rhea”

She giggled “Thank you, Luhan”

They both walked toward a black sedan and seated in the back row. The chauffeur smiled at the new arrived lady. “It’s been a long time, Miss Rhea”

Rhea smile at him before gazed outside the window, taking every sight she missed for five years “Indeed, a long time Mr. Go” drive through the busy city, they soon left it as fast as they came, greeted by a beautiful natural scenery. Trees and grass welcomed them, replacing the dull scenery of the city. “It’s good to be home” she sighed.

“We’re going to have feasted tonight, Rhea. So you may want to take a nap. You must be tired, right?”

Rhea groaned internally as she being remind on why she back in the first place. Her mother had called her a week ago, complaining on how her daughter didn’t even seem to miss her family, giving worked as an excuse, before asking her to come home for annual family gathering. It wasn’t that she didn’t fond of her relatives, no, absolutely not. It was just plainly because of work. Being a prodigy as she earned her master in psychology, she came to value her knowledge. She didn’t want to waste what she had learned, so that she, along with her friends built an institute to help people. Not everyone who come to this institute insane, mind you. Not that much, frankly speaking. Some of them admitted by their family, and some of them just simply came to consult about their problem. But she really absorbed in her work that she missed holiday to come home. Now, that she was here, her mother had no whatsoever reason to nag at her. Not, now, at least.

“Who are coming tonight, Han?” she asked with closed eyes

“Not that much. Your family, mine, and my friends” he shrugged nonchalantly

Rhea snapped her eyes open and narrowed her eyes toward the baby faced man “How many of your friends exactly?” Luhan snicker at his cousin “Relax, I’m sure they won’t make you uncomfortable. You called yourself a psychiatrist but you feel uncomfortable being surrounded by people? Seriously” he threw his hands at the air. Rhea glared at him but it didn’t seem affected him a bit “It’s because your so called circle of friends who you and yourself named EXO (she scoffed at the mentioned name) seemed more like some sort of a badasses gang rather than a childhood friends. Especially that intimidating tall guy” she mumbled by the end of the sentence. Luhan smirked at her “You mean, Kris?”

Rhea reminisced her first meeting with Kris. She’s just 10 at that time, when Luhan introduced her to the 13-years-old Kris –or Yifan, Luhan said. But she insisted on using his English name. Saying that to make an enough distance, because his friends calling him with his other name (yeah, she was that intimidated). If she described EXO as a bunch of rebellious boys back then, surely Kris was fit of the role leader. Even when Kris was young, his cold demeanors was screaming of intimidating, scary, strict, though she had to admit that he gave off wise-decision maker feeling, someone who everyone in his circle or under his dukedom will pay respect for. Rhea wasn’t fond of their first meeting, on how she held her hand out for handshake, but he just gave a curt nod, and saying something about how she must known his name because Luhan just mention it, even when she tried to make a decent conversation, he just responded to them with just one word. She then gave up try to talk to him.

“Yeah, him” Rhea said as she trance out, looking at the sight that greet before her. A towered gate of steel opened up to let the car inside. “Welcome home, Rhe” her cousin said. She turned to him with a grinned sculpted on her face, didn’t missed his nickname he had for her. The chauffeur made a turn right in front of the grand wooden door. She came out of the car. Inspecting every aspects of the house as if she saw it for the first time. Maybe it wasn’t that bad coming home. Maybe she did need to cut some slack. Work had been killing her the past month. Maybe all she need was rest in her safest shelter.

 

 

Sun takes it turned to rest as a crescent moon came in sight. Rhea knew better to get ready than having her mother intruded her personal space and complaint that she was still much a kid that loved to lazy around. She wore a black lacy dress with accompany of the match colored flat shoes. She side braided her hair, and left a fair amount of hair in the end. She applied a light makeup, peach colored blush and lip gloss to make her face a bit lively. She started feeling nervous as she done with her makeup. She didn’t know why, but somehow she got that clenched feeling inside her stomach. As if something would happen. As if. She scoffed mentally. Rhea came out of her room and walked to her backyard. Yeah, it wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter