I'm so sorry.

Forgive Me

Amber couldn't believe what she was hearing.

She sat cross-legged at the head of her bed, back leaning against the head board and eyes glued to the 13" laptop screen. She watched the scene unfold, heart hurting with every beat.

“I had a lot on my mind these days…” Krystal sniffled, trying to hold back her tears. Her sister looked back at her, her eyes just as watery as she murmured, “I’m sorry I couldn’t be there for you”. “Seriously, no one…no one would listen to me" Krystal's voice choked up as she leaned into Jessica.

The red haired girl paused the video when she couldn't watch it anymore. She never knew Krystal felt that way...but the more she thought about it, the more she realized that she couldn't have known. She had been spending so much time lately away from the other members save for when their new album came out. Between filming A Song For You and hanging out with Min, Hyoyeon, and Jia along with her other various celebrity friends, Amber realized just how much she had been absent. She hung her head, drawing her knees up to her chest and wrapping her arms around them.  She would have never dreamed that Krystal had been feeling like this and the guilt only grew as Amber recalled the phone calls and texts that she would get from Krystal and, thinking it wasn't anything important, wouldn't bother to call the blonde girl back and kept her texts back brief and to the point. With the speculation about sudden stop of Red Light promotions and Sulli taking a leave of absence, broken from the constant barrage of hurtful comments, Amber realized she had barely spared a thought towards Krystal.

She hauled herself out of bed and made her way quietly to Krystal's room. She carefully peeked into the room to see the now brown haired girl fast asleep in her bed. Amber was loathed to wake her, at least aware of how hard it is for her to sleep these days. While debating with herself, the lump under the covers shifted and a groggy voice came out from underneath.


"If you're gonna stand there all night, at least shut the door so the light doesn't come in."

Amber started and without thinking did as the other girl asked, closing the door behind her with a soft click and made her way over to Krystal's bed. After hesitating for a moment, she sat down on the side and continued to gaze at Krystal with only thoughts of how she had let her down running through her head.


"Oh my god stop. I can hear you thinking from under here."


The lump shifted again and from underneath the covers popped up Krystal. With bleary eyes she looked at Amber and asked, "Is there a reason you woke me up at" she checked her phone "2:30 in the morning when I have to be up in three hours?"

Finding herself unable to speak, Amber pulled the younger Jung up out of bed and brought her into a tight hug. She felt the other girl stiffen at the sudden contact but then gradually relax into Amber's arms. Krystal's arms lazily came up to wrap around Amber's waist and she buried her face into the tomboy's neck. A few moments had passed when a soft voice came from her shoulder.


"You saw the last episode huh?"

Amber couldn't do anything but nod slightly and squeeze Krystal even tighter.
"Am, it's fine. I'm not mad if that's what you're thinking."
"How can you not be? I pretty much abandoned you." Amber struggled to keep her voice from cracking.

"I am so...so sorry Krys. ing hell I'm an idiot. I should have called you back and took the time to respond to your texts and oh my god I am an for not paying closer attention to how you were feeling holy -OW!"
Amber let out a yelp as her rant was cut off by a hard pinch to her waist.
"What was that for?"
"It was either that or a kiss to shut you up"
Amber felt her cheeks burn and heart rate increase even though she knew Krystal was only joking.

"Thank god for it being dark." she thought.

She was brought back down to earth as Krystal released her arms from Amber to look up at the older girl. "I knew that would get your attention." poking the other girl's stomach. The small grin on her face quickly faded though.

"Honestly, it's fine. Yes, I was mad but I got over it. I had a little too much to drink that night and over exaggerated things."

She laid back down and rolled over to face away from Amber.
"Besides it's not like I would have told you had you asked in the first place. You know I hate talking about my feelings."

Amber knew. Sometimes the younger girl kept herself locked up tighter than Fort Knox when it came to feelings. She cautiously moved closer.
"That doesn't mean me basically ignoring you is okay. It makes me a horrible person."
The younger girl groaned loudly and reached her hand back to smack Amber in the stomach. She doubled over, wincing at the force exerted.

"Goddamn, has she been working out or something?" Amber thought with a grimace.

"Oh my god okay. Amber. I promise I'll talk to you about this. Just not right now because the gates of hell opening would not get me up in the morning if I don't get more sleep. So either shut up and get out of my room or get your over here and cuddle with me. "

It took no time for Amber to decide as she scooted closer to other girl and held her from behind. She felt Krystal scoot back a little to press more against Amber's chest and was surprised when Krystal secured Amber's hold on her by placing her own arms on top and squeezing.

"Go to sleep you worrywart. We'll talk in the morning. Promise."

Krystal took her pinky and linked it with Amber's sealing the deal. It wasn't long after Amber heard the younger girl's breathing even out and only then was she able to shut her eyes and took comfort in knowing that even if she wasn't there for Krystal before, she was now. And that's all that mattered.