Chapter 1

Trust In the Pup

Being woken up by my mate is one of the best parts of my day. Luhan had a way of waking me up that made it impossible for me to stay mad at him, even if it was the crack of dawn.

"Wake up Mr. Alpha," he whispered in my ear, with a tone that was obviously teasing.

"What if I don't want to?" I replied "I am the alpha after all."

"Knowing the pack, it would fall into chaos without you for a day."

"True."

I sluggishly pulled myself out of bed so that I could get the day started. I walked down the hall into my son's room and smiled. Tao was curled around his stuffed alpaca, a gift from his favorite gege, Kris, on his 7th birthday. Exactly one year ago. I still can't believe that my son will be 8 today. 

"Tao, time to get up kiddo, you have training in an hour."

"No, too tired Baba, I don't want to."

"And here I thought you wanted to be a guard like Kris-ge. Guess not, if that's the case then I'll just call Ravi-hyung and cancel your lesson", I replied smiling. 

"I'M UP!" 

Tao began to scramble around his room for his training clothes. Realizing my job here was done, I went to dress for the day's events. As I made my way into the kitchen for breakfast I realized that my family was joined by Kris and Suho.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit Kris."

"I was just coming to report that everything is ready for tonight," Kris said with a bow of his head.

"I'm glad to hear that, is it just you and I that will be going as planned?"

"Yes sir."

"Don't forget about me too baba," Tao said with a pout on his face.

"Yes I know Tao. I would never forget to take you to a Wushu tournament, on your birthday no less."

We all settled in at the table as Luhan served today's breakfast. 

"How is your pregnancy going Suho," Luhan asked smiling. 

The whole pack was excited to hear of Suho's pregnancy, knowing that the mated couple hadd been trying for years to concieve a pup.

"It's going great. Key says that I am progressing perfectly and that I should give birth to a very strong pup in the next few weeks." Suho answered with all this as he looked at his bulging stomach smiling sweetly, unable to contain his excitement.

"That is fantastic Suho, maybe a potential alpa will be born. Tao has already chosen the guard path and I couldn't be happier, we will need an alpha though to take my spot eventually though."

"Perhaps you are right Lay, I do hope that it will be strong enough for that," Suho answered me smiling. 

I excused Tao and myself as I needed to get him to the training center so that he could train and I could visit the pups that were already training that day. As Tao and I walked in the doors we heard the already loud panting of pups and adults alike training hard. 

"Goodbye baba," Tao said as he ran into the guard training room.

"Lay-hyung!"

"Yes Yongguk?"

"We need your help, something is wrong with one of our pups."

Hearing one of Yongguk's pups was in trouble caused me to take off down the hall towards the room for the youngest pups that were aloud to train. Yongguk was the trainer for the youngest pups, the ones that were still learning to change. Most wolves start changing around the age of 5, when they were officially aloud to train, but it still requires training to do it on command and to not change when one is angry.

I entered the room only to hear heartbreaking whining from the corner. I walked over to the sound to see V in wolf form laying on the floor. 

"What happened." I asked yongguk quietly. 

"We don't know sir, his change into wolf form was fine, no broken bones or screaming, but when we told him to change back he started to shift but then went right back to wolf form. We don't know whats wrong."

"Okay, leave us, I am going to change and I don't know how long it will take to help him. Go visit Jongups class and I will come when I am done. Send for Key though and Baekhyun."
 

"Yes, sir"

 

 

It took about 30 minutes to get V to change back into his human form. He wasn't controlling his emotions well enough to be able to transform back into the bright-eyed Taehyung that the whole pack knew. The moment he transformed back he ran into my arms sobbing. It was that precise moment that Baekhyun burst into the room along with Kai his mate, both looking extremely worried. Key following close behind with a new hair color I discovered, I very much enjoyed the blonde this time.

"He's fine guys, it was just something that Yongguk hasn't seen before, I will tell him how to handle it later. V just needs a little more practice controlling his emotions. But with him being a premature baby, it's understandable that he is a little behind in this aspect," I said after handing a still crying Taehyung to Kai.

"Thank you Lay, I must return to my patrol, I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with Taehyungie."

"Very well Kai." Kai bowed and left the room after kissing Taehyung and Baekhyun goodbye.

 

I left the room after saying goodbye to Baekhyun and Key. I found Yongguk supervising his son's class and explained the situation and how to proceed if anything like that ever happened again. You just had to tell the pups to keep focusing and talk to them until they could focus. But you had to speak to them in wolf form or it wouldn't work.

 -------------------

3pm saw Kris, Tao and myself driving into the city for the Wushu Tournament that Tao so desperately wanted to go to. The trip took one hour and it consisted of Tao asking Kris and I endless questions about what the city was like. Pups weren't aloud in the city until they were 8 and even than they needed their father and a pack guard.

As I was buying the sweets that Luhan would not normally allow Tao to have Tao ran off to the bathroom saying that he would go straight to the seats that Kris was currently saving. I waited in line for about half an hour, thankfully we got to the arena 2 hours early. As I made my way to the seats I realized that Tao wasn't sitting next to Kris yet. I knew that he had to be done in the restroom by now. I handed the snacks to Kris and headed to the bathroom. Seeing no sign of Tao I called Kris.

"Kris, Tao's gone. Get outside now."