One

Dying Wish

"Hey, how are you feeling today?" A familiar voice came from the man sitting beside him, his doctor, Siwon.

Donghae didn't bother opening his eyes, he just let out a small hum and mumbled the words, "Worse than yesterday." That was usually it, a short answer from Donghae and a sigh from Siwon, but today was different, there was someone else in the room. He heard a low hum, that wasn't from Siwon, this person's voice was deeper. "Who else is there?"

The man spoke, "My name is Hyukjae."

"Why is he here?"

"Hyukjae's my..brother..and he's here with me for the day."

"I'm not your brother," Hyukjae snapped at Siwon, "I was adopted, and I don't wanna do this anymore, I want to sit down."

"Fine, fine, stay here with Donghae, I'm sure he'd like some company. And be nice."

"Mhmm."

Donghae just listened as he heard Siwon's footsteps dissapear, and a long sigh come from Hyukjae, "You don't have to stay with me." He mumbled almost inaudibly

"I don't wanna get up, so I'm staying here now."

"Okay.." He opened his eyes slowly, as he was curious about what Hyukjae looked like. To say he was shocked was a bit of an understatement, its not what he expected at all. Both of his arms were covered in tattoos, his lip and his eyebrow were pierced, so were his ears, multiple times, however, he still looked good to Donghae. "I'm..I'm Donghae.."

"And I already introduced myself."

"Yeah.."

"Is there anywhere in here I can have a cigarette?" Hyukjae asked as he stood up and walked to the window

"Well, no.."

"I'm gonna have one anyway." He opened the window and pulled a cigarette out of his pocket, along with his lighter

"I-I don't think you should do that."

"Why not?" He replied, the now lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth

"Well, I-I.."

"I didn't hear a good enough reason." Hyukjae smiled while blowing a puff of smoke out the window.

"If you get caught, they'll kick you out."

"So then I'll just go home."

Donghae only sighed and turned over in the hospital bed, so he was backfacing Hyukjae and closed his eyes. This guy is starting to annoy me.

Just as Donghae was about to fall asleep, he was woken by Hyukjae's voice, "So why are you here anyways."

"What?" He tilted his head and rubbed his eyes

"Why are you here? You don't look sick."

"Good to know I don't look as bad as I feel.." He muttered quietly so Hyukjae wouldn't hear him, "I have cancer."

"Where?"

"My brain."

"That ."

"Yeah, it does. It a lot. And I wish that I would just die so I wouldn't have to go through this everyday." Donghae felt his eyes well up with tears and he covered his mouth, trying to suppress a sob. He really hated his life. 

Hyukjae's eyes softened at the sight of Donghae crying, it made him feel bad for the boy in the bed, "Don't cry.."

"Its hard not to when you're dying. I'm only 18, I shouldn't be dying."

"Well..life sometimes."

"You're telling me that like I don't already know."

"I'm just trying to make you feel better." Hyukjae pouted at Donghae, making the younger laugh a little

"I thought you were supposed to be so manly and badass."

"I have a soft side, okay? Don't make fun of me."

"I'm not making fun of you, its just weird."

"You're totally making fun of me."

The two continued to argue over whether or not Donghae was making fun of Hyukjae, while Siwon silently stood in the doorway, watching the two teens talk, and watching the happy expression on Donghae's face that he hadn't seen in so long.


Comment please <3