If You Gotta Go, Go Now

If You Gotta Go, Go Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was tired of always being left behind.

Never good enough.

Never the right one.

Never him. It was never him.

It seemed a whole lot of bitterness. Yes, it did. But it was the truth in the eyes of Shim Changmin.

Love is for fools. A fool he was not.

People come and go. That’s the way of life. If they want to go, then go.

“Don’t let the door kick your on the way out.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

“I hate weddings.”

“So you’ve told me for the seventh time in the past…” Choi Sooyoung glanced at the rose gold watch around her left wrist. “Five minutes?”

Shim Changmin rolled his eyes; his attention drifting back momentarily to the bride and groom sharing their first dance. “I don’t know what Yunho hyung ate that made him pick me as the best man.”

“And here I thought it’s because you’re his best friend.” She muttered under his breath.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing.” The brunette smirked for a moment before a dreamy sigh escaped her lips. “Boa unnie is one of the prettiest brides I’ve ever seen.”

“She is.” Changmin conceded, taking the time to study the maid of honor.

She smiled as Yunho twirled his bride around, causing her to giggle happily. “I want a wedding just like this.”

“You don’t even have a groom yet.”

A swift kick to his shin was the reward for his effort. “Ruin the moment, why don’t you?”

He tried to glare as best as he could. “Violent woman. I need my leg.”

“You can function on one just fine.”

“Sir, ma’am, it will be time for the best man and the maid of honor to join the bride and groom one the dance floor after this song.”

Changmin smirked at Sooyoung. “If I end up stepping on your toes, it’s going to be your fault.”

She flashed him a sugary sweet smile. “Step on my toes and I’ll make sure you won’t be able to walk at all.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

“What is up with women and fairy tales?” Changmin asked out of the blue as he watched Boa enter the airport terminal with Yunho, nearly skipping the entire way in happiness and excitement for their honeymoon.

Sooyoung arched an eyebrow. “Why do you ask?”

“I don’t know really. It’s just that…” His shoulders lifted in a slight shrug. “I think it’s too overrated.”

She rolled her eyes. “Maybe it’s ‘cause you haven’t found your princess yet.”

“I’ve had my share of princesses and wicked stepsisters, you know.”

“But not the right one.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

“What the hell, Min?” Yunho yelled in surprise some weeks later; the raven haired man standing in the doorway of Changmin’s hope, surveying the carnage in the usually pristine living room. “What happened to you?”

“That , that’s what!”

“What?”

“The most recent ex… You still remember her, right?” His speech slurred; Changmin sitting on the carpet in the middle of what Yunho now thought of as a disaster zone. “Found out a while ago that some bastard knocked her up.”

The older man pursed his lips. “There’s something more to that, is there?”

“She gave birth today.”

They only broke up six months ago.

He never slept with her in respect of her ‘wishes’.

They’d been together for a year and a half.

A fool he actually was, after all.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Changmin nearly growled at his front door when the incessant knocking still hadn’t ceased. He hadn’t gone out since that night he told Yunho about what happened and save for the other man’s attempt to somehow clean all the mess, nothing much had changed. Changmin really wasn’t in the mood to anything and he was more not in the mood to see anyone else. He didn’t need to see the pity in their eyes or the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter