Chapter 3

A New Realm

Narrator’s POV

Hoya was seating inside the Coffee Shop as he was waiting for the boys to arrive. Infinite usually hangs out here frequently.

“Hey ssup!” Dongwoo chanted as he walked towards Hoya together with the other boys.

“Hi Hyung. I’m sorry I called you guys. I know this isn’t planned but it’s just important you know..” Hoya said to them with a hint of sadness.

“Why are you saying sorry dude, it’s not like you disturb us or anything..” Myungsoo said.

Sunggyu then speak. “So what are you going to tell us then?” he smiled.

“I.. I’m moving.. school..” I said hesitatingly and then continued. “..to Busan”

“What?!” Woohyun said as he was shocked to hear those.  As well as Sunggyu and Dongwoo. However, the other 3, of course they know, they know what’s the reason.

“I don’t get it Howon-ah, why are you changing school?” Sunggyu said confused. Then suddenly Woohyun blurted something while looking at the 3 other boys. “YAH! Did someone bully Howon there?!”

“Hyung! There’s no bullying happen. I.. I failed on most of my major exams. And my parents are very angry at me. So my dad say he will send me temporarily to Busan with my halmeoni there and yeah.. attend school in Busan.”

They all sighed. “But you said it’s just temporary right?” Sungyeol said with a concerned face. “Yes, he said temporary, maybe until I learned my lesson and study hard then.” Hoya chuckled. “Well, we can’t do anything, it’s Howon’s parents though. And yah, it’s not like he’s going to leave forever.” Woohyun said half smiling.

“That’s right! What’s the use of cellphone then, we can still contact each other and hang out when we have time.” Dongwoo said while rubbing the back of his neck. “Hyung, when are you actually leaving?” the maknae question all of the sudden.

“Oh! I haven’t tell you yet.. tomorrow.” Hoya scratch his head shyly while looking at his hyungs and dongsaengs.

“WHAT?! TOMORROW?!” they all chanted with wide eyes.

 

Narrator’s POV

Hoya carefully put all his luggage down as he exited the bus. He was finally at Busan. Hoya closed his eyes as he smelled the fresh air that he was actually inhaling while clutching at his chest. He was actually born here. Her parents were peacefully residing here in Busan until Hoya’s father engaged into a business that made them move to Seoul. Hoya actually spend 8 years of his childhood in this wonderful neighborhood. His grandma was the one who took care of him since his parents were actually busy working. He knows his grandma loves him a lot and of course he loves his grandma much more too.

“Maybe it wasn’t that bad that they sent me here though.. I actually miss this place a lot.” Hoya murmured as he was making his way on a familiar neighborhood. As he was getting close to the house, he can see a woman in her sixtees waving to him. His beloved grandma.

“Halmeoni!” Hoya hugged his halmeoni. He miss her so much. He miss her cooking. He miss her hugs. He miss her voice. He misses everything.

“Aigoo.. Howon-ah, aren’t you hugging you’re halmeoni to tight? Did you really miss me a lot?” Halmeoni said while hugging Howon and patting his back carefully. “I really, really, really miss you a lot halmeoni..” Howon said while giving his halmeoni at wide smile.

“Well, we could catch up a lot this time, eh? And Howon-ah I know why you’re here. Your parents told me. But don’t worry I won’t scold you though. I was really happy that you’re here.” His grandma said while leading him inside the house.

 

So Eun’s/Yeonhee’s POV

It was always been a bad day for me. Everyday my routine is always the same. Being scolded by the es in the house. I feel terrible living in this household. The only one that has been keeping me from leaving is halmeoni. Though I’ve always heard those es cursing me and saying bad things about me, halmeoni will always be there telling me that it’s alright and just ignore them since she’s always there for me. When I actually look in her eyes, I always softened and then forgetting my idea of leaving the house. Hell, I don’t want my halmeoni be alone with those es. Hmp.

After the dinner, I wash the dishes, clean the kitchen and then hurried myself to my room. I’m tired as always. I always sleep late because of this homeworks since I can’t finished them up earlier because es here are always ganging up on me. Urgh. And I can’t even refused because they’ve been always reminding me how they managed to let me live in their house for these past few years. “As if I was really thankful to them, hell no. I was just thankful to halmeoni.”

I continue working on my homework.

“2:00 am..”  I glance on the clock hanging on the wall of my room. I switch off the lights of my room, leaving only the light of my lamp shade as I let myself walk to my bed and fall into the deep slumber.

Another day comes. I was walking into the hallway when someone yanked me behind. And yeah, guess what..

“GIRLFRIEEEEEEEEEND! Hey there!” Minji screamed while I turn my body to her and said ‘hi’ also in return. While we were walking in the isle, making our way into our room. Minji was speaking nonstop and telling me that there will be a transferee today in our school. She keeps talking about how she saw the transferee at the principal’s office and telling me nonstop how he was so handsome. Well to not disappoint my bestfriend I tried myself to look like I was listening to her gossip. It’s not like I don’t like having a conversation with her, that’s because she keeps on chanting about that guy she saw and I’m actually not interested in some scoop about a guy. During this years I was practically avoiding on being friends with guys. Why? That’s because I don’t want any distraction on my studies. I also don’t want to have a commitment with some bastards out there. I’m sure not all guys are cocky and bastard, but mostly they are. As I observed, boys here in my school are all like that, flirting and so on. And as far as I remember, boys here don’t actually give a damn on me that’s because I’m a freaking nerd of this ‘nature’. Yeah. Freaking nerd with big eyeglasses who is a friend with a princess. I sighed.

As we got inside our room. Of course, Minji and I are seatmates. On the other corner of the classroom was Minah, the number 1. I felt like vomiting for a few times because of her amused face. She keeps on staring at herself in that mirror of hers. “Doesn’t she feel scared of herself, she keeps pouting on that mirror..” Minji whispered to me my gluing her eyes to Minah. I chuckled. Well, because what Minji said was actually true.

Our homeroom teacher suddenly walks inside our room together with one unfamiliar guy. I bet he was the transferee that Minji was telling me. How would I know? Because when I shifted my head to Minji, she was smiling shyly while looking onto the ‘transferee boy’. Is my bestfriend having a crush on this guy? What the. We just actually met him now. Is that what you call ‘Crush at First Sight’. I mentally slapped myself. How in the world would I know that this beloved bestfriend of mine is having a little crush. Well, I won’t let it happen, boys are always boys. I don’t want my friend to get hurt. Hmp.

“Good Morning class, so today as you can see we have a new transferee.” Mr. Kim said to the whole class and suddenly turned to the ‘transferee boy’. “Why don’t you introduce yourself then?” he said while he pat the guy’s shoulder.

The ‘transferee boy’ smiled. “Hi. I’m Lee Howon. You can call me Hoya. That’s actually my nickname. Hope you won’t consider me an outsider as I, myself, also was born here in Busan. It’s just that a certain circumstance that we’ve moved to Seoul. But now I’m back. I hope we could be great friends then. Thank You!”

I stared carefully to ‘Hoya’. Yeah. Hoya? Isn’t that a flower? Nevermind. Why would I care. Anyway, as he was introducing himself while smiling. I really found his smile very attractive. My heart suddenly skip a beat. What the hell? Am I the one who is having a ‘Crush at first sight’? Oh god. NO! *mentally slapped myself*

As he finished his introduction. He turned to Mr. Kim “Where should I sit sir?” He asked innocently. Mr. Kim then suddenly told Minah to raise her hand. And hell yeah. That is surely mentally partying. Hoya then sit beside Minah. I can see Minah’s eyes were twinkling as she was so mesmerized by her new seatmate. She smiled at him. “Hi.. oppa! I’m Minah. Nice to meet you!” she held her hand out hoping that he would shake her hand. “Hi.” He said half smiling then turn his head in front of him not wanting to shake her hand. I was holding my laugh because I surely see Minah’s stunned face. She was ignored. IGNORED. For the first time in her life. Park Minah was ignored by a guy. “H-her face were.. p-priceless.” I said to Minji while I holding myself to let a loud laugh and clutching my other hand to my stomach as I really find her laughable at that state. I can see Minji too was grinning because of her.

Oh. Park Minah. You’ve just made my day.