Chapter 1

A New Realm

3 Years Ago

Yeonhee’s POV

It is reported that there’s an upcoming thunderstorm but how come the sun shines brightly today. Maybe, the news is not that accurate. Well, here I am, walking inside the Incheon International Airport together with my brother Woohyun and my bestfriend Myungsoo. “Hee baby, are you sure you’ve packed everything? We’re already here inside. Did you check your ticket? Your passport?” my brother said. “No worries oppa, I’m all set and ready!” I assured him.

“baby sis, just be careful arasso? Text me or call me immediately as soon as the plane lands. And of course call eomma and appa too so that they will see you immediately and also don’t talk to stanger! Understand? Oppa is not there with you.”

“Yes oppa! I’ll call you as soon as I arrive there. And please oppa don’t worry I’m with Mr. Cho so no need to worry about everything.” I said while holding his hands. “..and take care oppa! I’ll miss you even if it’s just two weeks. You know, I’ll miss you knocking at my bedroom and deliver my favorite breakfast in bed.” I said to Woohyun oppa while sulking.

“Yah! It’s just two weeks, why are you sulking there baby sis? Haha. I know you’ll miss me so comeback quickly arachi? Tell eomma and appa too that I miss them. Just comeback here with eomma and appa safely soon.” Oppa said while hugging me. I felt so comfortable with his hug. I don’t know why but I don’t want the hug to be released. I know I’m exaggerating because I’ll only be separated with my oppa for two weeks. It’s just that there is something uncomfortable feeling inside with me leaving.

I turn to Myungsoo oppa and smiled warmly. “Myung oppa, you too take care, alright? And please look after Woohyun oppa always. Make him study for the whole weeks since finals is getting nearer. I don’t want my oppa to failed.”

“Hee-ah! You don’t trust your oppa. Gosh! Your oppa here is so smart, I don’t need to study harder especially if my study buddy there is this math freak guy.” Woohyun oppa said while pointing to Myung oppa. *This oppa is really the cutest big brother in the world* I giggled at him.

After Myung oppa heard Woohyun oppa said that he’s a math freak. His eyes widened and glared to Woohyun “Mwoh?! You.. Y-you said what?! MATH FREAK?!.. I’M NOT!!” I laughed at his reaction. It was totally funny seeing Myungsoo oppa burst. Woohyun oppa really is the only one who can pissed this boy. I’ll surely miss this two boys for two weeks.

“Arasso! Arasso! You two stop glaring at each other. I’m not yet leaving and yet, I see you two bickering again. Just take care you two oppas” I hug them again but this time, the hug was so tight as if I don’t want to let go. However, we heard the announcement at the airport already saying that I should go in now, I broke the hug. I bid goodbye to them and immediately enter the inspecting area with Mr. Cho.

 

 

Narrator’s POV

After Yeonhee is now out of sight. The two boys now head back home. They both ride the same car that was owned by the Nam family since they live in the same neighborhood.

Meanwhile, inside the Airplane.

“Ms. Nam, if there is anything you want just tell me. It will be along ride.” Mr. Cho said to me.

“Ne Mr. Cho, and for the nth time, I’ve been telling you to stop calling me Ms. Nam. Just call me Yeonhee, you’ve been working for us for how many years already. Hmp.”

“I’m sorry Ms. Nam, but I really can’t call you by your name since you’re my boss daughter.” Said Mr. Cho who feels really sorry.

“hmp. Arasseoyo. Let’s just rest Mr. Cho.”

-----------------------

“Honey, Woohyun just called, he said that Yeonhee already boarded the plane. She will be arriving most probably in 8 hours.” Mrs. Nam said to her husband who is currently in his office.

“Alright hon, I will just finished this work first. I will have a meeting later for 2 hours. Is it alright for you to wait? I want to have lunch with you later before we go to airport.”

“Arasso, I’ll wait for you, It’s been a long time since I have a lunch date with you.” Mrs. Nam giggled. “I’m really excited to see Yeonhee later, it’s the first time she’ll have a vacation here for two weeks with us.. well, it will be fun if Woohyun will also be here.” Mrs. Nam added.

Suddenly, Mr. Nam phone rings. “Hello!...oh..yes, I’ll be there soon..Ne!”

“Hon, I’ll go now for our meeting. See you later, okey?” said Mr. Nam and kissed her wife in her cheeks.

-------------------- 

While Yeonhee, as well as Mr. Cho was having their deep sleep, they were interrupted by a sudden announcement in the plane.

 

Yeonhee’s POV

My sleep was interrupted by the announcement in the plane. I turn to my right as I was at the window side. I saw that the sky were so dark and there is a thunderstorm happening at that moment. The plane is now wiggling. “Attention to all passengers! Please wear your respected seatbelt and let us all stay calm. There is a thunderstorm happening outside.” The announcer said. The plane is not stable, I felt scared. I saw some of the flight attendants are roaming around the plane saying to stay calm and let us wear the seatbelt. Few minutes later, panic arise to all the passengers as they said that the plane is in danger and in the verge of crashing. I felt my whole body stiffened *WHAT?! The.. the.. p-plane is crashing?!* Suddenly Mr. Cho held my hand and ask if I’m alright. “Ms. Nam, a-are .. y-you alright?” Mr. Cho asked while stuttering, I bet he too is also scared. Tears are forming in my eyes now, I really can’t imagine what was happening *Is this true?* asking myself. I’m frozen. I don’t know how to react. I feel like in few minutes I will not be able to see this world that one day I’ll will not be able to see my family and friends. I still can’t accept the fact what was happening right now. *Is the plane really crashing?* I thought *Am I going to die? Me and Mr. Cho?* I turn to my left where Mr. Cho is, I saw him closing his eyes. He’s scared also. Hell no, I bet all of the passengers of the plane are scared to death. For god sake, this is a matter between life and death. The plane suddenly accelerates, the passengers are now screaming. I felt myself fainting and BAAAAAAAAM.

 

Narrator’s POV

The plane crashed in the middle of the ocean in Busan. As it is somehow far from the seaside. Some of the town people didn’t notice this sudden crash in the ocean and that’s why there is no news about it. Before the plane crashes, the pilot already send an emergency signal to their main office. However, since they were in the middle of the ocean the transmitted signal will be much slower before it arrives to the destination.

-------------------- 

8 Hours later

Mr. and Mrs. Nam is now at the airport waiting for their daughter to arrive. The two couples were so excited to see Yeonhee. But, seconds, minutes, and hour later, no sign of Yeonhee. “Yeobo, why is Yeonhee not arriving yet? Woohyun said she will arrived here 1 hour ago, right?” said Mrs. Nam worrying why her daughter is still nowhere in sight. “Maybe there’s just a delay in her flight, don’t worry okey?” Mr. Nam said calming his worried wife.

2 hours had passed..

Not only Mr. and Mrs. Nam is getting worried but also other people in the airport who are waiting for the person they are expecting to see, however, like the two couple the person they are waiting for is still not arriving. Panic arose in the arriving area of the airport, it’s been 3 hours already and there still now news. Mrs. Nam decided to call Woohyun to check if there is really a delayed in Yeonhee’s fligt.

“Hello, Woohyun-ah!”

“Oh! Eomma, why? Are you with Yeonhee now? It’s been 3 hours since she arrived there and there’s no call from her, I already-” Woohyun said non-stop however cut-off by his mom.

“Yeonhee’s still not here Woohyun-ah! We’ve been here at the airport for 3 hours already and she’s not yet arriving..”

“Mwoh? But mom, I’m sure she boarded the plane already at the exact time. There shouldn’t be a delay in her flight.”

“But how come she’s not yet here?! I’m worried..” Mrs. Nam nervously said.

“I’ll go to the airport again maybe there is really a delay in her flight. I’ll call you later mom. Please don’t worry too much, oh?”

“Arasseo, I’ll wait for your call.”

 

Woohyun’s POV

As soon as mom hang up, I changed my clothes and run downstairs. I got the keys to our car and sped off to the airport. I was feeling uneasy right now. I’m sure she boarded the plane in the exact time but how come she didn’t arrived yet?

I arrived at the airport and soon ran up to the information desk.

“Excuse me, may I asked you something about the flight schedule?” I asked.

“Yes, sir, how may I help you?”

“I was wondering if the flight A6207(I just put a random number since I really don’t know the code in the airport. Keke^^).. It’s actually a flight from ICN to LA.”

“Oh sir..” The front desk lady become tensed. “A-actually few hours ago we’ve received an emergency signal from them.. I.. I really can’t explain but we’ve an announcement about it a while ago. And it was already broadcasted in the National TV. Sir just please go to the conference hall of the airport for further details”

“Oh, Thank You!”

I head to the conference hall of the airport. As I entered there are so many people who are looking sad, and as well as crying. I suddenly tensed up. I don’t know what’s happening. *I have a bad feeling about this* I thought when suddenly there is a man in his uniform approached me. “Hello sir! Are you also here to have some information about the passengers of flight A6207?” He said to me with his straight face. “O-oh, actually y-yes. I actually don’t know what’s happening now, c-can you please explain to me?” I said building up my courage and trying not to be nervous. “Oh, sir, I’m so sorry but, you still don’t know the news? The plane crashed. I-I’m so-sorry sir.”

“..The plane crashed. I-I’m so-sorry sir.” I felt my body stiffened hearing those sentenced.

*WHAT?! P-plane crashed?!*

“Mwoh? What to do you mean the plane crashed? H-how about the passengers?!!! How about my sister? Are they safe, NO! IS SHE SAFE?!” I screamed to him not wanting to calm down.

“Please sir! Just calm down. We actually listed the name of the person who’d survived, dead and missing. Just go to that section sir.”

I rushed to the section where the man had pointed to me. I immediately look for Yeonhee’s name in the list of survivor hoping that she’s safe. I have forgotten to call my mom for a moment because my mind is filled with Yeonhee. I’m so worried. As I flip through the last page *She’s not here.* I felt my tears are forming in the corner of my eyes. *She can’t be dead. No.* I have no courage to see the list of dead people and I really tried now to look for the missing ones, having me a little hope again that she’s not yet gone. I continued flipping the pages and scanning the names until.. *#18 NAM YEONHEE*

“She.. she’s missing.. oh god. Yeonhee-ah!”

I don’t know how to feel right now. It sounds like my world is collapsing. Still, my mind still cannot processed what was happening. Suddenly my phone rings.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

I’m bored. Now that Yeonhee is gone for two weeks, I feel so lonely. Yeonhee is my bestfriend. We actually grew up together and we spent a lot of our childhood memories together. She’s a really lovely and kind girl, the girl that could always makes me smile. I actually smiled while reminiscing our times together.

I’m holding the remote of our TV, I suddenly flip the channel and it shows a news. A news that made me shocked and froze. A plane crash incident, not just an ordinary accident, but you, Yeonhee, was involved.

I immediately called Woohyun hyung. He’s the only person who comes to my mind after I saw the news. Few minutes after, he answered the phone lifelessly, “He-hello..”

“Hyung, did.. y-you.. heard about the news?” I said to him while stuttering.

“Yes, Myungsoo-ah, I..I’m a-actually .. here.. at.. the a-airport. Myung…soo..” I heard him sob.

I felt so uneasy hearing hyung sobbing. “Hyung, are y-you okay?”

“C-come.. here n-now .. ppali! I.. don’t think .. I can handle.. this. Please.. I need.. y-you here.. Y-yeon.. hee..”

“Hyung, just stay there.. I’ll go there now.”

I arrived at the airport. It’s in chaos. There are so many people outside who are protesting about the accident. I remember hyung said to go immediately at the conference hall. As I entered the hall, I spotted Woohyun hyung at the corner. I stopped. Woohyun hyung is lifelessly staring blankly at space. I slowly approach him. “Hyung! What’s the news about Yeonhee? Is she alright?” He didn’t said anything but just stared at my eyes blankly and emotionless. “Hyung! Jebal, tell me please, tell me she is alright?” I felt my eyes become warm as hot tears forming in the corner of my eyes. Seeing hyung like this, I collapse and I can’t help myself as I burst into tears. I know.. I know that it’s a bad news.

 


Done with the first chapter! yay ^^