School Starts Now

Loving From Afar

Chapter 1

DING DING DING...

“oh the bell rang already. I should go”

The huge campus of Soshi High school is once again full of warmth as the students eagerly went to their auditorium to attend the opening ceremony of another school year. Students fuzzed over their things and made the final preparations to look good in their first day of school.

“ohh.. there are lots of students inside the auditorium already” Jessica said to herself as she look around the audi.

She found a vacant seat 5th row from the back and settled herself there.

“ whoaw, Your  here!” Sooyoung said and hugged her friend Jessica who is beside her.

“ of course I’m here. I’ve been looking for you before I came here you know.”

“kekeke...honestly, I became so excited to start a new school year that I forgot about you.” Sooyoung grinned.

“Yah! How dare you.”

“ Just joking Jessica.” Sooyoung Laughed. “anyway this is my roommate Yoona” soo young pulled yoona, who is beside her, in front of her and Jessica.

“ Jessica Yoona, Yoona Jessica”

“ Hi Jessica nice to meet you” Yoona said with a smile.

“Nice meeting you too”

The opening ceremony started and the students especially the transferees and the new students listened intently as the principal reads the rules and regulations that is put up “to make the life inside the campus harmonious” according to her. Then the president came and made a short speech served as a welcome remarks to all the students.

-         !Crunch.. crunch.. crunch!

“hey! So early in the morning and you are eating chips already?” 'What’s wrong with this kid.?' Jessica said to her self.

“ hmph. So what, I only ate 2 plates of rice w/ corn soup for breakfast this morning.” Sooyoung pouted while staring at the ground.

“hahaha.. are you serious? ONLY? You call that ONLY?”

“ that’s not enough Jessica. You should be listening to the president Jessica not me.”

“ yeah you’re right.” Jessica chuckled and turned her attention to the president right away.   .....

“ I hope all of us will have a refreshing start, productive living and finish our studies here with a great bunch of sweet and good memories with our teachers, classmates and friends in the campus.”

And with that the president ended his speech.

“ yeah I hope this school year will be good to me”

 

 

-2nd day of school-

 

 

>Jessica’s POV<

Everything Is so nice. Outside looks like a land of light. The sun is shining outside like it was begging for everybody’s attention.

I am now studying in this lovely campus called Soshi High.

I really love it here I have all the privacy that I want ‘cause not like the others I am staying alone in my room in this huge dormitory . yep alone. I chose this room ‘cause I don’t want to a have a roommate. It’s not that I’m an anti-social, it’s just that I want peace specially when I’m sleeping.

My mom said that I should have a roommate so that someone will wake me up every morning. But I’d rather be late than to be disturbed. Don’t think that I’m one lousy student. I am a diligent one but I just want a peaceful sleep. I think having a roommate is so burdensome, I mean I need some Privacy.

 Anyway i’m meeting SooYoung again today, we are in the same class. Well, SooYoung is my friend one of my bests. We are classmates since grade school and fortunately today we are attending the same high school. It’s such a relief to me that we are in the same school once again because she’s such a great help to me. Helping me to make friends with others ‘cause i’m such a shy kid you know.

--Knock Knock Knock-

“ yah Jessica! Hurry-up we’ll gonna be late.” Sooyoung shouted while banging the door.

“ yeah, a minute. I’m going out in a minute.”

“aish.. Jessica make it fast. Where not in grade school anymore.”

Jessica quickly opened the door and went to their class withSooyoung and Yoona.

When they arrived in their class room they look for seats to sit on. Most of the seats are occupied already. So they decided to take the seats at the back  of their class.

The class started with introductions.

“ Good morning everyone, I’m your Adviser Mrs Chen”

“Everything in this room is so refreshing. High school’s so different from grade school. It has a touch of independence, it has the feel of self-sufficiency” Jessica thought to herself and then snapped aware when she heard the girl infront of her introduce herself. I will be next after her.  

“ good morning everyone, you can call me hyoyeon. I hope we will all get along well.” The girl infront of them smiled then took her seat.

“ Good Morning everyone my name is Jessica” she smiled.

After their brief introductions,  two students who are from the higher year level came in.

“good morning everyone. We are so happy that everyone is here. We are representatives from the Student Council and we're here to inform you that this afternoon, all the clubs will be open and will be giving application sheets to all students who are interested in joining their club.”

The male officer continued on his lecture while the other one, the girl, stapled information sheets on the side portion of their board.

A moment later, after the girl finished stapling she joined her friend.

“ good morning everyone, I’m Yuri by the way and my friend here is Kim Bum. If you wanted to know or ask something about the clubs in our school you can check those printed adds on the board.” She said by pointing to the papers on the board. “ and also if you want to, you can talk to us about those matters so that you can clearly get the information that you want to know.”

After that both of them bowed and bid good bye and thanked the class adviser for giving them the time to speak.

“ wow! It’s her.” Yoona said beyond whisper, who are sitting next to Jessica.

“ her? Who?” uttered Jessica who has a confused look in her face.

“ Yuri unnie, the girl from the students council.”

“ why, what about her?”

“  I heard that she’s a nice girl. Very sporty they said.”  Sooyoung said as she joined their conversation.

“ you know her, yoona?” Jessica asked

“ well, we came from the same school. She’s a great girl you know, we are at the same class before. We are classmates when we’re in grade 3 but she accelerated because she’s a gift. So I haven’t got along with her.” Yoona pouted.

“ then why are you calling her unnie if she’s the same age of us?”

 “ because… she is a year ahead of us in terms of year level so I’m paying my respect.” Yoona rolled her eyes.

“ Ahem! Ahem..” their teacher Mrs Chen cleared .

“ I hope everyone will have a great school year and everyone will get along well.”

--Ringggggg..---

Their first period ended.

 

 

-------

 

The Classes continued. As different teachers came inside their classroom the same activity is being done “ introduction”

Then the lunch break came.

 

--- ( at the cafeteria)

 

 

“ guys what club will you join?” Yoona asked Jessica and Sooyoung who are touching their lunch.

“ I don’t know” soo young while eating her kimbap

“ well me, I’ll join the drama club.” Jessica smiled “ it’s because I’m in the drama club since gradeschool. Right Soo Young?” Jessica glanced at Sooyoung who are with her at the same club before. Sooyoung nods and continued eating her lunch.

“ well the drama club then.” Yoona grinned.

While they are talking the cafeteria quickly became quiet for a short time that makes the three to shut their mouths who are at the mean time the only ones talking and making a sound. Curios, they turned around to see what’s happening. Then they saw a group of friends who are giggling and settled on a vacant table . the group is full of smiles that draws a lot of attention. Then when they are seated, just like instantly the people in the Caf. Resumed on whatever business they are doing.

n  Before the short pause happened.

 

( Jessica’s POV )

The sunshine’s great this morning. Me, Yoona, and Sooyoung went to calss.  As we took our seat everyone looks so refreshing, new faces are around. Then our adviser went in and introduced herself and started the introduction then two officers went in and announced that the clubs are opening and are seeking for new members. The two look so smart. “gee the guy’s charming and looking at the both of them is quite adorable.” I thought to myself.

 

The girl’s tall and pretty. Her long, dark hair really suits her well. She has nice body proportion and has that sweet innocent smile but other than that there’s nothing more special.

But I’m curious about her because my friend Yoona over here’s praising her above exaggeration. Hmmmm..

We went to the cafeteria to have our lunch. While we are eating I noticed a sudden change of atmosphere, a sudden silence in the crowd. Then came a bunch of glorious sight.

 

“ wow! This group’s exceptional” I thought to myself. I mean their giggles. I mean they absorbed the attention of those gluttony creatures from eating by just walking across the room.

I saw nothing in them except that they are happy and cheerful and their appearance other than that, nothing more. But how the people responded on their entrance makes me curious. Hmmm….

Especially that girl whom Yoona talked about earlier popped-up again.

 

---------

 

 

“Wow! Their group’s just so cool.” Yoona said above whisper.

“ they are not that cool I think. All that they did is just giggle their way around. Who will not notice and look if a bunch giggles at the same time?” Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

“ being cool is not about getting attention you know. Being cool comes first before you get people’s attention you know.” Yoona got back to SooYoung

“ Believe me they’re cool. Yuri unnie is there too. Haven’t you noticed? And her friends over there are from the drama club. That girl over their that’s Taeyon. She has a very nice vocals, she’s a lead vocalist of one of the best bands in our school.”  Precisely said by Yoona.

“ hmmm.. Your such a stalker Yoona. And stop calling her unnie, you are of the same age as hers.” Sooyoung said.

“ Okey Okey..” Yoona said as she stopped giving a lecture about the group while Jessica just ate her lunch silently w/o minding the two bicker.

 

----