Games

A Hundred percent of madness

 

 

„I don´t know what to do anymore, Hyukjae,” I whined and sprawled myself on the white head´s sofa.

Hyukjae only chuckled and closed his laptop. The huge flat TV in his office was on and showing some music show as always. I don´t know how he can work with it.

“What´s wrong?” Hyukjae asked me and stood up to dig out some cookies probably from the cupboard in his room.

“I can never get the students listen to me,” I sighed and buried my nose into a fluffy pillow that was previously occupied by Choco. “They would rather look into their touch screens than at me.”

“I´m sure they look at you closely when you turn around and write on the board, if you bent over you´ll surely get the full attention,” Hyukjae chuckled and I threw the pillow at him. ert! Hyukjae dodged and threw something back at me. It was a pack of sweets so I let it slide.

“But you are right, the hardest to handle are definitely the gamers. Even in my class there is one that never pays attention. It´s hard to do anything against it since the brat is smart enough to pass even without my help,” Hyukjae shrugged.

“There´s only one student not paying attention in your classes? Are you joking with me?” I widened my eyes in surprise. Sixty-five percent of the population could be classified as gamers, 18-49 year olds make up the largest percentage of gamers at forty-nine percent. That means it´s impossible to have only one gamer at the class. You see, I still don´t believe that Hyukjae is a genius. Just look at all those troubles he brought in!

“Well, yes. Sometimes I allow some students to rest when they have cramps or hangover but all in all they listen,” Hyukjae sat back on his swirling chair and started peeling a banana.

“Forget it, you´re not helping me at all,” I grumbled and tore open the pack of sweets. I hoped for once he would give me a serious advice but he apparently wasn´t able to. I stuffed the sweet crackers into my mouth and huffed.

“Stop sulking, Donghae,” Hyukjae bit from his banana and his fingers afterwards. He looked the most monkey-like since the soccer match and his hanging from the goal post. “If you help me eliminate the last gamer in my class, I´ll tell you why my students focus so much on their studies,” he winked at me and continued eating the banana.

“Really?! You will tell me your secret?!” I jumped up on my legs and leaned my face close to his abruptly. Hyukjae got startled and choked on his food. He started heaving and coughing while suppressing his laugh. When he managed to catch his breath again Hyukjae sighed and leaned into the chair.

“My secret? I have many secrets but when it comes to teaching, I´m not trying to hide anything, Donghae. You are welcome to visit my lectures anytime, just don´t pretend you are a hip-hop artist, please.”  The monkey man his lips in a habit and let out a small chuckle again. Now that I think about it, why didn´t I ask him in the first place? I had to undergo so many embarrassing incidents just to realise that I could simply ask Hyukjae to show me. What a stupid fish I am really.

“Fine, so what´s your plan then?” I immediately agreed after hearing his generous offer. If Lee Hyukjae really is a genius, I could learn something from him at least.

“Let´s not talk about it now, I´ll send you an e-mail or something later,” Hyukjae smiled like a baby, “you look tired, Donghae. Do you want a coffee or tea?” The older teacher beamed and I just couldn´t decline.

The next hour we spent by chatting and laughing over various things. I even managed to learn something about my weird superior. Hyukjae doesn´t have a stable home. He lives in whichever city he works at and when the issue is settled, he leaves for good cutting all the ties. Hearing this I felt a little bit sad, I didn´t want him to forget me. Wait, what? I would miss Hyukjae? Donghae, get a hold of yourself!

In the evening I got a call from Hyukjae. He explained me his plan on getting not just Cho Kyuhyun, Hyukjae´s student, but many other gamers it our faculty. At first I didn´t agree with such a stupid way of dealing with the problem but then I remembered Hyukjae´s previous successes and unwillingly agreed. I only hope he knows, what he´s doing.

“Mr. Lee?”

“Um, I´m sorry.”

“Pardon, Mr. Lee?”

“Sir?”

No reaction from me just as I was instructed. Although I was itching to answer all the calls from my students, I couldn´t. Hyukjae told me not to and as a weak kid that became friends with the biggest badass at school, I did every little thing he made me. I was standing in the middle of my class where I stopped on my way from the doors to my table. In my hands I was holding my smartphone and playing a certain game. I was pretending to be so into it that I didn´t even realise my lecture has already started.

“Mr. Lee!” One of the girls raised her voice at me.

“Just a second, I´m winning right now,” I brushed her off and sat on my seat only to continue with the game. My inner personality was punching its way out. I was feeling so terrible when I wasn´t doing my best in my job.

After a while I put away the device and started the lecture for real but I made sure to return once in a while and push a few buttons before continuing. The average gamer spends about 18 hours a week playing video games. Like this I was supposed to hold for a few days. Unbelievable but according to Hyukjae it would work. I had to believe him, if I didn´t want to go crazy.

One day I was once again in the middle of my lecture with my phone in my hands and playing the game. This time I was actually busy with attacking and didn´t register my students anymore. For what I know they could have gone home by now. Suddenly I breathed in sharply and gained the attention of the leftover students in my class. After about twenty seconds the doors to my classroom banged open revealing Mr. Lee Hyukjae.

“Donghae!” He yelled and ran towards me. “We´ve won!” He exclaimed happily with that insane gummy smile and jumped into my open embrace. We began laughing like crazy and I picked Hyukjae up and started spinning with him in the air. The students were completely shocked especially after I put the older teacher back on his feet and we both started jumping around the classroom dancing and singing. In the next minute Hyukjae´s students arrived too, the white had must have sprinted out of his own lecture here. They were standing in the doors and laughing at us except for one guy, who looked like the grumpy cat at the moment.

“, I thought we would never win over you,” Hyukjae was trying to catch a breath. Watch your mouth, idiot!

“It was two against one and you were at it for four days straight,” the grumpy cat, Cho Kyuhyun, was now also laughing at us.

“You accepted the conditions, Cho,” Hyukjae said childishly, “and according to the agreement you can´t play games at school anymore,” he mocked in a funny tone totally inappropriate for his status.

“I didn´t think you would be this crazy, Hyuk Teach. But of course I´ll keep my word,” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

“Nice,” Hyukjae grinned, “and you!” He suddenly pointed at my students. “I hope you learned your lesson. Without Donghae here, you´re gonna fail your classes because just looking at his won´t make you understand sociology.”

“Hyukjae!” I scolded.

“What? I´m stating the obvious! If I knew just half of the things you do, I would feel like a king. A teacher like this is too rare to find. It´s a pity I have my own class at this time or else I would sit here too. Next to that pretty blonde specifically,” Hyukjae joked at the end and winked at the blonde who only laughed back. What a player!

The white haired teacher then gestured to his students to go back to their class and continue with the lecture. My own class was full of murmurs and chatting. I felt like nothing has really changed apart from the fact that now the kids weren´t playing games but gossiping about me. I was about to restart the lesson when Hyukjae returned to drop his last bomb. ing white monkey!

“Oh and if you´ll be good and listen to Donghae well, I´ll buy him tighter pants!”

From then on the classroom had become quiet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! I´m still on holidays but the weather is awfull! It´s cold and raining all the time. Of course we can have fun even like that but still, waht a pity. Anyway, while the girls were asleep and I couldn´t sleep, I wrote the next chapter :) I hope you like it! Be careful and don´t catch a cold. - Tourist PandaHero