Hers - Luhan

KPOP Drabbles

She hated having to wake up every day without him. All she wanted was to wake up with his strong arms around her, his hot breath on her neck every morning. She wanted to hear the clang of pots and pans in the morning, all because he got up before she did. Most of all, she just wanted his company.

      But with his work, she was never able to see him. Sometimes she would stay up past midnight just to be able to talk to him. Other times, no matter how tired he was, he would do the same for her, just to make sure that she was managing without him. Of course, after he asked if she was okay, it was followed with a lie. “I’m fine”, she would say with a fake smile on her face.

      But the time came when she finally snapped. After he didn’t answer the phone that night, she cried. She couldn’t take not seeing him anymore. Couldn’t she be happy just this once? Couldn’t she be with the man who made her heart flutter, and her lips smile? Couldn’t she be with the love of her life? At this point, all she could think was that the answer was no.

      As she got ready to go to bed after the failed phone call, she heard a thump coming from the living room. On instinct, she hid in the bathroom, locking the door as tightly as she could. Thump… thump… thump… She heard the thumps getting closer. And then she heard it, his voice.

     “Jagiyah, I’m home.” His voice sang through the locked door. Before he could open the door, she showed herself, flying into his arms. Her tears began to fall, and the only thing she could say was “I love you so much” But his question stopped her.

       “Why are you crying? Did I do something wrong?” She wanted to hit him for asking that. But she was too busy crying to do so. “I missed you so much Luhan. I thought you were ignoring me when you didn’t pick up the phone.” Luhan gave a small laugh. He kissed the top of her head before saying, “Now why would I ignore someone as beautiful and sweet as you?” At those words, she looked up at him, tears still glistening in her eyes.

     “I don’t know…” she whispered as he brought his lips to hers. He lingered there for a small moment, the familiarity making them feel like they were falling in love all over again. He pulled away from her for a brief moment, to pick her up and place her on the bed, pulling the sheets up to her shoulder. After a moment, he joined her, singing her a lullaby. And in that moment, she knew that she was his, and he was hers, to be together until the end of time.