Final

his kyungsoo and red scooter (or so he thinks)

Jongin’s eyes light up at the sight of the bright red scooter sitting with the few other scooters that go unnoticed to Jongin at the backstage. His brain barely registers the backstage crew telling them that it’s a two to one thing, meaning two members should share a scooter.

It’s red, he wants the red one. He wants to sit on the red scooter.

He does, however, to his own surprise, find himself averting his gaze from the red scooter to Kyungsoo. If there is anything else Jongin wants, it is having Kyungsoo with him on the red scooter and everybody knows better than to fight Jongin for Kyungsoo because Jongin always claims Kyungsoo for himself, as his, just like he is about to mark territory on the red scooter. Always.

Baekhyun knows better than to get himself involved in the petty love triangle that nobody understands the existence of and indiscreetly grabs the first person he sees – who happens to be Junmyeon. Junmyeon, albeit a bit reluctant, lets Baekhyun link their arms together. Because really, anything than to face the wrath of Jongin when it comes to Kyungsoo.

Jongdae briefly takes a step to his right, indicating, “I call shots on Minseok hyung!” to which Luhan shoots him a glare. Maybe not as obvious as Jongin’s possessiveness towards Kyungsoo, it is pretty clear to everyone that Minseok is Luhan’s and Luhan is Minseok’s. Actually, scratch out the latter because Minseok is oblivious and dense and basically, anyone is fine for him which is why he doesn’t notice Luhan shooting daggers at Jongdae. Not that Jongdae cares though because he just wants to get this redundant pairing done and over with. And because, Luhan isn’t half as threatening as Jongin can be.

As butthurt as Jongin can get when he loses a game or Kyungsoo’s attention is on anybody else except Jongin, Luhan good-naturedly keeps his grumbles and complaints to himself (though he definitely has a lot to say later over dinner, especially to Jongdae) and settles for Yixing. Tao, being the weird out of the two AB blooded in the group, shoots off an, “Alone,” and decides to sit his on a cool-toned blue scooter that doesn’t look nearly as striking as the red one Jongin has his eyes on but it will do.

You might not want to include Park Chanyeol in the list of people who already have prior knowledge on Jongin’s ownership of Kyungsoo though because Chanyeol definitely isn’t one of the many that is aware of the silent agreement of steering clear of Kyungsoo in Jongin’s presence. In fact, too many a times, Jongin has had to go through a hard time of not jumping on the tall boy and choking him with his long, tan fingers just because he’s standing a little too close to Kyungsoo (Jongin will never agree on the little because that daft yoda hyung has to learn and grasp the concept of personal space okay?!) or smacking Kyungsoo’s during XOXO (according to Jongin, it’s obvious Kyungsoo hyung does not want those big, elfy hands touching his dainty , why can’t he see it?!). Nobody understands why Chanyeol does all that, to get attention from Kyungsoo maybe? In the eyes of Jongin's, it’s just pure ual harassment.

So Jongin isn’t pleased at all when Chanyeol turns his back to everyone else so he is facing Kyungsoo, his Kyungsoo, and gives Kyungsoo the biggest grin, making it obvious he wants Kyungsoo as his partner on the scooter, hopefully not the red scooter too. Jongin thinks he looks visibly dumb but does not point that out (oh, you have no idea how tempted he is to though).

Oh mighty Sehun just has the best of timings when he slings one lanky arm around Jongin’s neck and pulls the latter back as Jongin was about to make a move for Kyungsoo and declares, “Jongin and me on the red one!” Kyungsoo looks mildly surprised at the two and Jongin prays hard that he’s not imagining it when he sees what he assumes is a hint of disappointment that disappears just as quickly as it appears on Kyungsoo’s pretty face. At this point, not just Jongin, but also the rest of the members (minus Chanyeol of course) who were nicely paired up and watching as a drama unfolds, albeit lack of popcorn, might have just realized that maybe Sehun isn’t as smart as he looks and claims to be. But that doesn’t stop Jongin from wishing he could just turn around and twist Sehun’s pale and thin neck, anything just to hurt the oblivious boy.

As Jongin struggles in Sehun’s tight hold (just where does this thin boy get all his energy and almighty strength from, goddamit?!) and makes countless useless attempts of, “Hey doofus, go pair up with Park Chanyeol because can’t you see my Kyungsoo is waiting for me?!” (maybe not, but very very likely along the lines of that), the same crew that told them the two to one, decides to into the commotion and informs everyone that they have around a minute left to finalize the pairing before riding the scooters out to the audience – their fans.

It’s on the tip of Jongin’s impatient tongue to shout at Sehun to take the dumb red scooter with Chanyeol, really just anything, because right now, all he really wants is Kyungsoo and to ride a scooter with said boy. Chanyeol takes the moment to say, “Guess it’s you and me then Kyungsoo!” and grins even wider. Kyungsoo aside, Jongin also really wants to strike Chanyeol in his annoying eyeball, oh and Sehun’s too.

Why don’t I get a say in this?

While the rest of the members pick out a scooter, leaving the red one available because nobody needs to get on Jongin’s bad side after well, said boy not being to claim Kyungsoo for himself, they all but expect Jongin to start protesting and kick a fuss up, delaying the one minute given by the crew. Nobody expects, not even Jongin, Kyungsoo to march right up to the dumb 94’er duo and wring Sehun’s skinny arm to free Jongin out of the latter’s hold. Pretending like the drama never happened, brushing off Sehun’s declaration of “Jongin and me!” and to Jongin’s utmost delight, ignoring Chanyeol’s pleas of, “Kyungsoo, you’re going with me on the yellow one right?”, Kyungsoo not so gently pulls Jongin away from Sehun and shoves him, again not so gently, on the red scooter. Not that Jongin minds of course. Kyungsoo can probably break Jongin’s ankle or wrist and get away with it, just because well, he’s Do Kyungsoo.

“Someone needs to keep an eye on this accident-prone ,” Kyungsoo mutters under his breath, not expecting anybody to catch what he says but everyone does and doesn’t miss the pretty shade of pink forming on his pale cheeks as they heat up (everyone except Jongin himself and Chanyeol). Nobody, though, hears Sehun’s complaint of, “Why do they get the red one?” (maybe Chanyeol does hear him because he tries to comfort the poor maknae by conjuring up a list of nice and sweet adjectives for the yellow scooter they are both taking).

To hug or not to hug, that is the question. Or at least, that is the question that has been on Jongin’s mind ever since he has his glued behind Kyungsoo’s on the red scooter. “Lucky brat gets the man of his dreams and the scooter of his choice,” is all Sehun shoots off before hopping onto the yellow scooter with Chanyeol but Sehun doesn’t know the pains of sharing a scooter, against the (THE !) of your hopeless crush. Though most people won’t consider that as a pain, let alone a concern really.

Jongin continues to contemplate holding Kyungsoo by the waist and imagines the feeling of tender flesh there under his palms but cowardly and painstakingly settles for Kyungsoo’s narrow (but cute!) shoulders. Kyungsoo can feel his heart deflate in disappointment as his mind registers the large hands on his tiny shoulders. It’s endearing and Kyungsoo almost, almost though, coos at how conservative and shy Jongin is behaving now that the two of them are alone on a scooter considering the fact that the younger boy is almost, almost though here too, always the one initiating most of the skinship with his favourite and beloved hyung behind the closed doors of their shared bedroom because Kyungsoo dislikes PDA (dislike is an understatement though).

“Accident prone isn’t the right word to describe you. I think you just like to get hurt and injured, don’t you?” Kyungsoo suggests quietly and Jongin barely catches what he says but he does and responds with a confused, “What do you mean?” Kyungsoo isn’t for one to spell everything out loud, not even for his precious Jongin, but fortunately, Jongin manages to decipher the meaning behind Kyungsoo’s quiet words and immediately latches onto Kyungsoo’s waist and even gives it a tiny squeeze to show his delight. Kyungsoo holds back a grin and tries to maintain composure while steering the scooter because, we don’t want accidents happening on a small stage you get what I mean?

He though, however, lets the smile slip from his pretty lips when he feels Jongin shamelessly nestles comfortably behind his back and buries his own face into Kyungsoo’s soft, milky neck. Kyungsoo can tell you that being unable to appreciate PDA does not mean that he doesn’t appreciate or enjoy Jongin’s arms and warmth around him.

He can’t help but reveal a smile he oh so desperately tried to hold back as a bubble of chuckle escapes from his throat when Jongin stakes his claim on his hyung cutely. “Mine, all mine!” Kyungsoo’s smile widens as he feels Jongin’s own smile against his neck.

“Yours, all yours Jongin,” Kyungsoo whispers back and isn’t sure if Jongin heard him but if anything indicates that the latter did, it would be the tightening of the younger’s hold around his waist.