001

Aquatic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do you believe in mermaids?

I don’t believe it at first, but after meeting this girl, I started to believe that they do exist.

And I know, I will always believe...

 

***

“If I were the jury, I will give him a perfect ten!” The announcer said. “That was a perfect wave ride!”

Jackson quickly drag his surfboard back to the beach. A certain boy quickly come to him and patted him on the shoulder and laughed in excitement.

“Wow, Bro,” the boy said. “That was just... ‘whoaaaa’.” He said. “Man, you killed it again!”

Jackson chuckles when he watched Jr.’s overwhelming reaction.

“It’s nothing.” Jackson said.

Jr. rolled his eyes. “It’s nothing. Well, it’s something, okay!” he scoffed. “Damn you are so lucky you have this gift.”

Jackson didn’t do anything but patting the other boy’s head. “Let’s go.” He said.

***

“Haven’t I told you to stay away from the human world?” Seungwan said in a furious tone after she found her younger sister hiding behind a rock. Sooyoung looked at her older sister. There’s a slight of sadness in her eyes.

“I’m sorry.” Sooyoung said slowly.

Seungwan sighs. “Let’s get back.” Seungwan started to swim away, back into the depth of the  ocean. Seungwan stopped when she realized that there’s no a certain mermaid following her. She sighs as she swim back to the surface. She sighs again when she saw her sister still not moving from the rock. Seungwan then swim to her sister and started to pull her arms.

“Seungwan! Wait just a moment, please..” Sooyoung started to wiggle her tail. “Please, just a moment.”

“No!” Seungwan then try to pull her sister’s arm a little harder until she didn’t realize that her sister’s arm becoming red. She quickly widened her eyes and release her grab. “I’m sorry.” Seungwan said. “It’s just that I’m afraid if Queen Juhyeon’s guards see us.”

Sooyoung sighs. “Yes, I know the ocean’s rule about no mermaid should come to the surface to have a contact with human.” She looked down to the water. “I’m sorry.”

“Then we better get back.” Seungwan said then started to swim away. And this time, when she looked back there’s a little mermaid with green tail following her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter